“Food excellent -Atmosphere So-So”
Review of Sabor - CLOSED

Sabor
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Latin
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Enjoyed a delicious meal here on a Saturday night, make reservations. I agree with the other recent reviews that the food far outweighs the atmosphere. Looks like they have added seating at the bar, which is great. Everyone loved their food selections from Stripper to Scallops to Salmon. The scallops were served on a risotto bed and a very attracted presentation all around. Coffee was delicious. Nice wine menu.Only one in our party ordered dessert of cheesecake, which was a hit. Lots of selections. We arrived for a 6:30pm seating, and there is another one around 8pm. Not rushed.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had to spend a few days in Plymouth for my daughter's dance competition. We are usually not fans of these tourist towns. They all seem the same. Found Sabor online and decided to check it out. So glad we did! Small, cozy and very friendly staff. Definitely not a rushed pace. From apps to dessert the food was fantastic. Like going into Boston but half the price. Our table of four had a mix of a couple of pasta dishes, the catch of the day (Tuna) and the steak frites. Everything is cooked to order and we all loved our dishes. The apps of crab and corn bisque, beet salad were very well done. The flour less chocolate cake was the lightest I've ever had. Delicious!

3  Thank madmic2
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Based on reviews, my husband and I decided to try Sabor. Its appearance does not suggest the quality we experienced. Located on the main street (Court Street) in a former store-front, the interior is cozy with an attractive wine bar and open kitchen at the rear. The aromas from sea food were tantalizing. Midweek in mid-June is relatively slow in Plymouth, so our reservation may not have been necessary. I would always reserve here anyway, just to be sure not to miss it! We started with delicious, generous sangrias (one red, one white) served with fresh fruits. The Caesar salad came lightly dressed with real anchovies and fresh shaved parmesan. All foods per menu are fresh, organic, many local, farm to table, fish is wild caught. My husband chose steak frites--a perfectly cooked and seasoned, very generous sirloin cut, with parmesan/rosemary fries. I chose the seafood special of the evening, striped sea bass, also perfectly seasoned, lightly browned, served over a creamy risotto with fresh vegetables around. All plates were artistically presented, and memorably tasty. Other choices were two kinds of local oysters, pasta, salmon, scallop entrees. There were delightful looking desserts too. Highly recommend!

2  Thank Molly066
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had been told that Sabor was a great place to eat, so much so that you should book, but we arrived at 7-15 and were seated at the bar. This wasn't a problem, the seats were comfortable. I had the corn and crab soup which was delicious, followed by the catch of the day. Perfectly cooked and beautifully presented - the whole experience was an absolute joy. We will be back.......

1  Thank Judith N
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I ate here with three others and we ordered three different meals from the menu. The food is good, properly cooked and presented well. The most well-received meal was a high-end steak with nice side dishes. The salmon came with a nice bed of greens. The service is pleasant. The seating is comfortable as the restaurant has resisted putting too many tables into the small space.
My only negatives were that the lower-end steak came with just fries (Parmesan coated). My ideal meal would always have some green/red/orange vegetable with it, no matter what the price, and this steak was priced in the $20s; and the prices were a tad higher than I thought they should be for the food we received. There are other restaurants in the area that have good food and give you more value for what you pay.