“Excellent for Fried Seafood...where the locals eat”
Review of Wood's Seafood

Wood's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great place for heaping fresh fried seafood. Favorite is the mixed seafood platter...definitely enough for two! Not great for atmosphere, yet it's always busy and it's where we typically go for fried clams.

1  Thank DHPaine
Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We're from Florida and we can't get seafood this fresh! We visited Wood's directly after our trip to Plimoth Plantation and we were so glad we did. We each had something different and shared. What a delight!! The restaurant is right on the docks in a fishing village setting. In turn, you know the fish is coming in fresh daily. Everything we ate was tasty and cooked to perfection. My favorite part was that I was able to have whole belly clams. Yummy! My whole family thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant.

1  Thank Robin U
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I usually prefer a full-service restaurant over a casual dining place like Wood's Seafood. But it was hard to find a parking spot with the lunch crowd filling up each restaurant along the harbor. When we saw a car leaving Wood's, we decided to just park there and go in. We ordered clam chowder, lobster rolls, and scallop rolls.The seafood was delicious and well-prepared, and the prices were so reasonable. An excellent place for casual dining with family and friends.

1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I've been to woods about 10 times now and the food has always been good (even off season). While my friends get different meals and always enjoy it, I get a fisherman's platter every time. The fisherman's platter "for one" is big and only 20 bucks. While they also have one "for two" ppl (30 bucks - cheap!) and it's HUGE! They're clam chowder is amazing btw! I've had it many times when it was thick or runny, but always delicious. They so have good coleslaw and tartar sauce. Wood's is worth a drive to just for the food. But there are also fishing and whale watch boats right there on the pier.

3  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Food was good, not a posh place in fact quite the opposite but good food, good prices, nice atmosphere, nice views. I liked it

1  Thank thebare