“best seafood in town”

Ranked #2 of 208 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The locals recommend here. It's short on ambience but the seafood is always fresh. Sit close to the windows and actually view fisherman unloading their produce. And the prices are reasonable compared to the fancy places in town.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Well packed, light on tarter sauce, delicious. This is an indoor, self service clam shack/fish store. I will return.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

From walking in the front door I was not to impressed. I then sat down at a not too impressive or great looking table. I was questioning if we chose the right restaurant. The reviews were good, but could I trust them?

When the food came there was NO DOUBT that I chose the right place. I got the Lobster, my wife got the Baked Sole and my son got the crab cakes. The sole my wife had was one of the best dishes she ever had. The fish was very fresh and cooked to perfection(and we are from Long Island and know good seafood). The Lobster was great and the crab cakes were light and extremely tasty.

WOW is all I could say. We went back and got a couple soups and they were fabulous.

Everything is served on styrofoam plates, plastic knives and disposable cups, but if you look past the lack of amenities you cannot deny the quality of the food!

We will be back!!!

1  Thank RacerDad0
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had a whole lobster and delicious lobster bisque. The atmosphere is rustic. You order at a window so so not expect to be waited on but the food was great.

2  Thank Vam56006
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wood's Seafood is a restaurant with a mission to delivery great fish without the fancy frills that come with most full-services joints. Set on the dock right by the sea you feel that the fish must have jumped straight from the sea to the pan and onto the plate. Order at a window by the entrance, find a table and wait for your number to be called. Our fish and chips were freshly cooked and piping hot and, of course, very tasty.

You get what you pay for which is good simple food at reasonable prices with a focus on the meal rather than on things such as silverware and fine china. Its a place of eating well at reasonable prices.

Also worth noting that they are very responsive to food intolerances and took special care that one of our party with an egg allergy got food that was in no way contaminated by the egg wash they use in battered fish. Good customer care.

1  Thank Chris_Batt2014