“Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Wonderful hotel. The staff is very friendly and made us feel right at home. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We took the breakfast deal - full continental cold and hot buffet plus omelet to order included, my husband only eats egg beaters. The location was awesome we were mid-way between downtown and Cape Cod. And Plymouth in itself is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank randan22
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and in Plymouth! I will share these comments with my team. We look forward to serving you again when you come back to visit Plymouth and Cape Cod.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We have some expectations before we checked in the hotel as most reviews were good. Fortunately, the service was really good and we had a pleasant stay. The room and hotel is clean. The swimming pool is cloudy though. It would be better if the TV is a flat screen one. The breakfast buffet is decent and is not crowded. The staff are very helpful. We would definitely go back next time if we visit Plymouth again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alice W
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. They are truely very helpful and I share them with my entire team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are in the process of ordering new flat screen televisions, so you will be able to enjoy on your next visit to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Five weddings booked this past weekend. The staff could not properly cater to groups. I would not recommend staying here if you enjoy spending time with family and friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Chris B
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Summer is a very busy time for us and we do our best to cater to everyones needs. We host to a variety of guests including wedding groups, international guests and to families and our goal is for everyone to be satisfied. I apologize if your group felt dissaitisfied during their recent stay as we want all of our guests to feel welcome. Should your travels take you back to Plymouth, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again thank you for your comments I will share them with my entire team!

New York
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Hotel is fine, friendly staff, in a trip mall. Several miles to the nearest breakfast place. Internet and all other amenities worked fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler2005
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 27 August 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I read your comment about not being able to find a restaurant for breakfast close by. I wanted to let you know that the hotel does offers breakfast buffet and there are also two other breakfast restaurants close by. I will share with my entire staff your comments and hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit the Plymouth area.

The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn in Plymouth seems to be at a non inspiring location somewhere out of town next to a Home Depot. But that's not true. The location is perfect for exploring the region. Close to Plymouth, Plimoth Plantation, the beach and the highway towards Cape Cod and Boston. The hotel is welcoming, clean and a good address to stay for a couple of days. A swimming pool on site makes it extra fun for the kids. The staff is friendly and professional, although breakfast looked a bit uncontrolled. Maybe they were understaffed. It should have been better. The rooms are spacious, clean and have a microwave and fridge, which is very convenient. Free WIFI in rooms. This was our second stay in this hotel and it wad a good one!

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor I am happy your entire family enjoyed the facilities and that you thought we were convenient to the local attractions as well as to the interstate. I hope should your travels bring you back to the Plymouth area the Hilton Garden Inn will be your hotel of choice.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We planned a last minute trip to Cape Cod and we could not find any reasonable places to stay for our family of 4. Read about this hotel at the beginning of the Cape and decided to book it since I"ve had good experiences at Hilton Garden Inns in the past. The hotel seems pretty new and very clean, bright and cheerful decor. Our beds were very comfortable and we had adjoining rooms which made it nice for the family. The ride to the beaches was really not bad (less than an hour) and we paid less for 2 rooms then we would've paid for just 1 room on the cape or marthas vineyard. We got to enjoy all the beaches and wonderful scenery and saved money too! Definitely a find for families on a budget or just looking for a last minute getaway!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor I am happy you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments eith my enitre team! I hope should your travels bring you back to the Plymouth area the Hilton Garden Inn will be your hotle of choice.
East Hartford, CT
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed 3 nights with my wife, two to attend a wedding and one to see some more of Plymouth. All the positives other reviewers have mentioned are true - convenient location (easy on and off Route 3); friendly, helpful staff; spacious baths; comfortable beds; ceramic cups for the in-room coffee. We didn't mind the CRT TV - it was flat screen and worked perfectly, although the menu system is a bit cumbersome. The fridge and microwave were a nice touch although we never used the latter. The breakfast buffet+ was better than any I've had in a hotel that didn't have a full service restaurant.

A few quibbles: The two top drawers of the dresser opened by themselves unless empty; the only way to turn off the corner lamp was to pull the plug or turn off the switch by the door, _which disabled all the accessible outlets_ (except the one for the coffee maker); the pantry had only Clorox for sale to use in the second floor laundry (I went to the gas station convenience store nearby and bought some Tide); and one of the two washers (the front loader) wouldn't start after eating my $1, although this was rectified by the hotel engineer.
I'm sure most, if not all, of these deficiencies will be corrected before they are experienced by many more guests since the gentleman at the front desk took notes when I reported them upon checkout.
The one detriment that probably can't be ameliorated is the annoying "ding" of the elevator as it arrives on the floor. We had the room closest to the elevator, an "accessible" room which we only took because it was the last available for the dates of our stay. Although I slept through it at night (I'm a heavy sleeper once asleep), my wife complained about it. I did notice "the ding" one afternoon when I took a nap. The only disruptive nighttime noises I heard were the occasional baby cry down the hall or an inappropriately loud conversation in the corridor, and that can occur in any hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the "accessible" rooms unless you absolutely need the appurtenances.