“Excellent and Authentic”
Review of Cafe Strega

Cafe Strega
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Strega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 209 Restaurants in Plymouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of downtown Plymouth's best restaurants. It serves authentic Italian fare in a lovely setting overlooking Brewster Gardens. Love the ambiance as well as the food.

1  Thank capegal1

Reviewed 29 March 2014

While visiting a girlfriend in Pembroke, we decide to go out for a nice dinner, she said I really want to take you somewhere nice! Well I was not disappointed, I love this place, we started with Lemondrop Martini's which were out of this world! The food was fantastic and yummy. We had a great window table which had a view of the garden and the ocean. The waiter was fantastic and friendly, I can't wait to go back the next time I am down there!!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is my second visit to this Café Strega. The first time I went on a cold dark night. This time I met friends for an early dinner and it was still light when we arrived. The view is wonderful, overlooking Brewster Garden and Plymouth Bay. Most seats can have a least a partial view if not a stellar one.
Service is excellent without being overbearing. And the food! The food is simply devine.

Among us some were safe and ordered lasagna, which is big, cheesy, and tasty. Meat lovers ordered lamb and veal which were cooked to perfection and enhanced with herb flavors. I had the Crespelle Ripiene, which is homemade rolled pasta stuffed with baby spinach, Ricotta, Parma Prosciutto and Parmigiano in Mascarpone pink sauce. The homemade pasta is the best I have ever had, and this vegetarian dish is just made to be paired with wine.

The most interesting dish was an appetizer of fried zucchini flowers - a chef's special. I hope they are on the menu for your trip to this haute cuisine restaurant in the heart of downtown Plymouth.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent a very nice early evening New Years Eve at Cafe Strega with our Son and his girlfriend.
We have eaten at many of the restaurants in Plymouth on our visits from the UK and this is certainly one of the best and I my opinion as good as Patrizia's, but much better value.
Service is efficient, and friendly and the waiting staff are knowledgeable about the dishes on offer.
For starters we shared the Pan seared scallops and the Squid stuffed with Lobster and crab meat in a rich tomato sauce this combination was excellent.
We had a mixture of fish and meat dishes for mains and all were very good, I ordered the Pollo Saltimbocca – Chicken breast topped with Prosciutto and Fontina cheese with sage and Marsala wine sauce, which was delicious.
For sweet I ordered the Tiramisu which was the only let down of the meal as it was not made on the premises and was almost frozen in the centre, my wife however shared a very good cheesecake. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant, if it wasn't for the Tiramisu I would have given our meal 5 stars.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had a lovely meal at this restaurant and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is staying in Plymouth.

We did have to wait for about 45 minutes for a table as they were really busy. We enjoyed a pre-dinner drink and viewed the menu and wine list while we waited.

We shared the meat balls as a started, which were soft and flavoursome, they were accompanied by a lovely tomato sauce.

For main I had the lobster ravioli and it was absolutely lovely. There were lovely pieces of lobster through the sauce as well as the filling.

Unfortunately they had run out of dessert of the day which was a little disappointing.

Overall we had a nice meal and pretty good service too.

3  Thank funfamilyholidays