“Not very welcoming” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known for our fabulous food, and views. A taste for everyone.
Massachusetts
“Not very welcoming”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stopped by one afternoon in August for lunch. There were eight in our party and there were plenty of empty tables available but it seemed that the fact that we had four children in our party was a problem for them. They told us it would be about a 45 minute wait even though like a mentioned before there were empty tables available. Turns out they knew the people behind us in line, regulars I guess and they were more concerned with seating them over us. They didn't want to be bothered with us so we left. Nice costumer service. Their loss.

Visited August 2013
Jillian D, Owner at Carmen's Cafe Nicole, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
You know we try very hard to give our customers complete satisfaction. There has never been a wait of 45 minutes and we certainly don't preference our locals as everyone would be welcome and equal. If you were at this restaurant and had an issue I truly wish you would have asked for me as we are very accommodating especially for children. Maybe you can come back and try it again!

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Breakfast is my new favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Best breakfast I've had in a whole, I never really liked eggs Benedict until the server told me I had to try! Coming back for that again deff, saw they only serve bfast til 11-1130 but I'll be back in the spring to try their lunch which I asked the locket server to take a look at and it all looks great, lovely view of the waterfront and the people dining all seem to enjoy the place, deff recommend getting here before 10 o'clock because they have so many people already waiting deff go for a visit if your a breakfast person and if not then go after march 1st to try there unique lunch menu! Ask for aria she was great and helped explain the menu very well!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Don't arrive at 10:43. They will show you the door”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We arrived at 10:43 (I checked the time on my phone). Before leaving and making the 30 minute drive from the Cape I noted they served BFast until 11 weekdays. The place had several open tables and booths. 2 women were waiting when my friend and I showed up. The waitress said they had been very busy and breakfast was over. One of the women asked check with the chef since it was 10:45. The female chef came out and barked at is the "Breakfast was over. Lunch starts at 11:30". Clearly we didn't want to wait 45 minutes and we and the two ladies left. There are many good places in the area. We went to Cornerstone Cafe. We've been to Carmen Nicole's before and enjoyed it but clearly they lost 4 customers who will tell 40 people each how they were treated. It's too bad.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank BillyS44
My apologies to you for coming all that way and being inconvenienced. We had not received our delivery that day as it was a Holiday . We were not prepared for such a big crowd that morning had no choice to not seat any more of our guests. I would love to make it up to you if you try us again. Thanks so much.
Houston, Texas
“Nice Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stopped here for breakfast on a morning visit to Plymouth, and found this to be a nice place with good food and a nice view (looks out at the ocean). The only server was very busy, but the service was still decent.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“20th Anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Food a 5, service a 5, all else, a 4. Restaurant is upstairs with a view of Plymouth bay & the MayflowerII. Interior is older & not well kept, carpet was dirty. Both my wife & I's silverware were dirty as well as lipstick stains on the water glass,s. that's the bad. Our service was awesome, friendly, helpful not only on our order but with suggestions on places to see & visit on our 8 days in New England. We had the special which was a 1 1/4 lb lobster stuffed with scallops & shrimp, surrounded by mussels & clams. All cooked in butter & white wine on linguini. Extremely decadent. Price was moderate at $100 including a bowl of chowder & a bottle of wine. That may seem like a lot but had we ordered it in our home state of CA it would have been over $250. I suggest the owner spend some money on the building & support staff & system & he will have a 5 star restaurant.

Visited October 2013