“I can't believe the Breakfast and Lunch Menu. It's hard to decide”

Carmen's Cafe Nicole
Ranked #27 of 215 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Known for our fabulous food, and views. A taste for everyone.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

What our Party of 6 wanted was one of everything!! Especially when we found out that the Owner is the daughter of Carmen's 1978 Abington "Wanna Taco" and was the first Mexican Restaurant in the New England.Carmen,his daughters & family came from California.Their Mexican Food was considered the Best! We went back for Lunch after we realized the Name was the Families Established Beginning as a Taco Hut LOL. The name changed to Carmen's Mexican and eventually Carmen's café Nicole when Carmen retired. I wish everyone could experience this Restaurant where The View is Waterfront from the Patio and the Inside Windows. I recently found out Nicole has been featured in many awards from the Plymouth area because of her Charitable work throughout the Community. She is also a sole owner under 45 years of age. Can't believe she has been Under Issac's for 14 years.

1  Thank janetd68

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stopped by one afternoon in August for lunch. There were eight in our party and there were plenty of empty tables available but it seemed that the fact that we had four children in our party was a problem for them. They told us it would be about a 45 minute wait even though like a mentioned before there were empty tables available. Turns out they knew the people behind us in line, regulars I guess and they were more concerned with seating them over us. They didn't want to be bothered with us so we left. Nice costumer service. Their loss.

Jillian D, Owner at Carmen's Cafe Nicole, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

You know we try very hard to give our customers complete satisfaction. There has never been a wait of 45 minutes and we certainly don't preference our locals as everyone would be welcome and equal. If you were at this restaurant and had an issue I truly wish you would have asked for me as we are very accommodating especially for children. Maybe you can come back and try it again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Best breakfast I've had in a whole, I never really liked eggs Benedict until the server told me I had to try! Coming back for that again deff, saw they only serve bfast til 11-1130 but I'll be back in the spring to try their lunch which I asked the locket server to take a look at and it all looks great, lovely view of the waterfront and the people dining all seem to enjoy the place, deff recommend getting here before 10 o'clock because they have so many people already waiting deff go for a visit if your a breakfast person and if not then go after march 1st to try there unique lunch menu! Ask for aria she was great and helped explain the menu very well!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We arrived at 10:43 (I checked the time on my phone). Before leaving and making the 30 minute drive from the Cape I noted they served BFast until 11 weekdays. The place had several open tables and booths. 2 women were waiting when my friend and I showed up. The waitress said they had been very busy and breakfast was over. One of the women asked check with the chef since it was 10:45. The female chef came out and barked at is the "Breakfast was over. Lunch starts at 11:30". Clearly we didn't want to wait 45 minutes and we and the two ladies left. There are many good places in the area. We went to Cornerstone Cafe. We've been to Carmen Nicole's before and enjoyed it but clearly they lost 4 customers who will tell 40 people each how they were treated. It's too bad.

3  Thank BillyS44

My apologies to you for coming all that way and being inconvenienced. We had not received our delivery that day as it was a Holiday . We were not prepared for such a big crowd that morning had no choice to not seat any more of our guests. I would love to make it up to you if you try us again. Thanks so much.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stopped here for breakfast on a morning visit to Plymouth, and found this to be a nice place with good food and a nice view (looks out at the ocean). The only server was very busy, but the service was still decent.