“Great stay but my housekeeper was friendlier than other staff!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great stay but my housekeeper was friendlier than other staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel several nights while my husband was working in the area. Everything was great, breakfast, cleanliness, and staff. However my housekeeper substantially stood out from the other workers. She greeted me with a smile always saying goodmorning, asking how I was, and made me feel welcome as maybe the front desk should do? The housekeepers are the heart of the hotel & I feel this young blonde girl should be praised for her hard work.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank vacationluv1
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear Vacationluv1
Thank you so much for the trip advisor comment, and I am so happy to hear to hear that my staff made your stay a pleasant one. Yes you are absolutely right housekeepers are the HEART of the hotel and this young lady deserves to be praised. Also should be a role model to the rest of the staff. Again thank you for your feedback and hope to have you with us in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Overall, I'm very happy with this hotel. The only caveat is that if you book there, you should take the term "suite" with a grain of salt. The "suites" are large hotel rooms with a couch and kitchenette. They are not suites in the traditional sense -- a living room separate from the bedroom. If you're travelling with a small child and you want to be up after the kid goes to sleep, that's not easy in these "suites." But you won't do better in the other Plymouth hotels.

Otherwise, the service is prompt and the hotel is well-maintained. This is our second visit to the hotel, so we knew what to expect, "suite"-wise. We needed a pack & play, and it was brought up to our room within minutes of requesting it. The room was clean. The only thing I noticed was a bit more mildew in the tub grout now that the hotel has a bit of age, but it was clear they've tried to clean it because it was faded; I had no complaints about the bathroom otherwise. The bed is decent, the internet works well & is free, and the breakfast is on the high end of hotels that offer complimentary breakfasts -- warm food & make-your-own waffles, plus a full continental breakfast. There are also a lot of restaurants very close by (Bertucci's, Chili's, Friday's, etc. -- not haute cuisine but about the best you can expect in Plymouth).

Overall, knowing the existing hotel stock in Plymouth fairly well (we have family there, so visit every year or so), the Hampton Inn is probably your best option.

1 Thank OffTheBeatenPath
Dear Off the BeatenPath.
Thank you for being a returned guest to our property is good to hear the good feedback, but also the not so good and we are sorry that our suites are not to your expectations, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We also want to thank you for being a returned guest to our property, and hope you continue to stay with us while visiting the Plymouth area.
Little River, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This Hampton Inn is located about 40 minutes from Boston and 40 minutes from the Cape. Plenty to do in the area - Plymouth Rock, the Mayflower, etc. Nice rooms which were also very clean. Comfortable sleeping conditions. Free hot breakfast which may be our only negative - powered eggs really don't do well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph T
Dear Joseph T
Thank you for your recent survey. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We strive to provide a variety of breakfast selection. Hope you visit us again while in the Plymouth area.
Portland, Me
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during April Vacation. The rooms were clean. I was impressed with a couple things that really stood out. First they had a great free breakfast. They had two to three hot choices as well as cereal and oatmeal, yogurt and fruit. Second, There was a notice in the rooms that all bedding, including the bedspread (or Duvet cover) is changed after each stay. I am always concerned that they never change the top coverlet but this notice put me at ease. Third, they always had coffee and teas available throughout the day. Fourth, they had a washer and dryer for guest use!
On the other hand, the bed that I slept on really needed to be updated. My side slanted toward the ground and the sheets were old and had pills on them. New sheets would be great.
The pool was small but not too bad. They said it was 80 degrees but it was much colder than that. Also, it could have used a little cleaning around the sides. Otherwise it was nice. My son loved it! Overall it was a great stay! Only about 10 minutes to downtown Plymouth. The staff was very nice!

1 Thank AndreaNPortland_Me
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear. Andrean Porland
Thank you for your trip advisor comment about our hotel, and also want to thank you for pointing out the mattress feedback which I will be looking into it. Our pool and spa are tested periodically during the day and the temperatures are always between targets of 80-83 degrees not sure why you found it to be colder. I am glad your son loved it. Thank you again.
Haddon Twp., NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is your basic chain hotel, but there are a few things that raise it above the rest: cleanliness, attractive furnishings, excellent customer service and a great selection for the free breakfast.
Not only was my room clean and attractive, the entire hotel was very pleasant.
Customer service was also great. The staff were able to give good directions and point out the best restaurants in the area. If you're looking for a place to eat close to the hotel there are several good choices.
The hotel is not in Plymouth proper, but is close enough by car. My visit to the area took place in March so traffic was light getting in and out of Plymouth. It's bound to be considerably worse during the summer months.
The free breakfast was quite good with a wide selection to choose from: waffles, eggs, cereal, bagels, breads, different types of danish, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and juices, milk, coffee and tea round out the choices.
All in all, it was a very easy and pleasant stay, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Kdbaggs
Thank you for your recent feedback and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we are happy to hear that you think we provided GREAT Customer service because that's what we strive for providing great service to our guest. We are not your typical hotel. Again thank you for taking the time give us your feedback.
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here during our week long family vacation, we were here for 3 nights! It was a beautiful hotel- with a beautiful room! I used the coupon on TripAdvisor for a free room upgrade. We paid for a two queen bed room and got a king suite with the coupon. It was very nice. The staff went above and beyond to help out customers, made me familiar with the area, answered any questions I may have had. One minor complaint- the windows do not open. I am a smoker and had a smoking room- but my husband does not smoke, so it would of been really nice to be able to open the windows. But, the walk outside wasn't very long. The hot breakfast was great- a different variety each morning. They also had cold options, which was really nice too!!! The pool was great the hot tub was amazing! We honestly had a great stay and I most definitely wouldn't hesitate stay here again! Actually- this hotel may make me come back to the area!!!

1 Thank GardnerSK
Dear. GadnerSK
Thank you so much for your trip advisor comments is always great to hear good feedback from our guest when our staff goes above and beyond. This building was designed to be climate control for guest comfort fresh air is continuous pump into the hotel therefore windows are not accessible to be opened. Once again thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you back soon.
Plano, Texas USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in late February. It looked to be new and was very clean. Our room was spacious and well appointed, and there was nice pool and some fitness equipmentin the hotel. The free breakfast was quite good, with a selection of cereals, scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, muffins,and juices.

My only complaint was the loud TV in the breakfast room - a pet peeve of mine. Since everyone has a TV in their room, do hotels even need a TV in the breakfast room? Wouldn't it be better if guests could enjoy their breakfast without all the noise? Maybe it's just me that gets annoyed......

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AdvisorFan000
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear AdvisroFan, We are sorry that the TV in the breakfast area was not to your liking, but most guests prefer a TV in the breakfast area so they can catch the news while they eat breakfast. Thank you so much for the trip advisor comment. We appreciate it very much! We are glad to see that you enjoyed everything else besides the loud TV.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth? Share your experiences!