“Very Good standard at a reasonable price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Very Good standard at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A large clean well appointed room with everything you need, plenty of power points and free wifi. Comfy beds with a good sized and clean bathroom and shower area. We had a very comfortable two night stay. Breakfast was provided and was also substantial. The rest of the hotel and leisure area was bright and clean, a very pleasant atmosphere. The hotel is situated within walking distance of a number of restaurants for evening meals. Plymouth Rock and the Plimoth Plantation are within 30 minutes drive and the Cape Cod area is also not too far. The staff without exception were helpful and friendly. The only downside was the occasional whiff of smoke which came and went. We mentioned this when we left and the staff explained we were in a non smoking room but on a smoking floor. It came and went but we would have prefered a complete smoke free atmosphere.

Room Tip: make sure you on a no smoking floor, if you wish to be smoke free
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear eonaLondon, We appreciate your staying with us and taking a few minutes to share your experience. Glad you found the beds comfy and the breakfast substantial. We do have just a handful of smoking rooms clustered at one end of one floor which typically keeps smoke smells to a minimum. I apologize that you were bothered by it. Safe travels this fall and thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Washingtonville, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel. Its always clean. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. I was staying by myself and was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. I already have another stay booked as it is close to Gilette Stadium.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Sherri H, So nice for you to take the time to comment about our hotel. Good to hear that you would recommend us and have already planned to come back. Looking forward to seeing you!
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Staff very friendly at checkin. Rooms were very well setup, We carry alot of electronics and this room had more than enough outlets to handle them. the bath was very clean as was the room. The breakfast was also very good with just about anything you would expect at a hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear TecRep, It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. It is good to hear that our room set up was able to handle your electronics and gadgets. We appreciate your recommending us to others! Enjoy the fall season.
Belfair WA
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Great staff, great room, place is spotless. The pool was clean and an overall enjoyable environment. The manager, Sue made the difference. we called late in the evening looking for a place to stay under a good budget and found you. We will stay at a Hampton again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear BelfairRandy, Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is great to hear you will stay with Hampton Inns again. Glad you found us and that our staff and facility were to your liking. Thanks again!
beach
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have stayed here the last 5 years each year and will continue as you will always receive the same exenplorary service. We have a pet which makes it perfect for us as does the location of all the nice restuarants close by.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear dolphinBeach, So happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you for continuing to choose this hotel over the past 5 years. We love seeing familiar faces and knowing that we are providing great service to all; 2 legged or 4 legged! Enjoy the winter season and see you again soon!
Stratham, NH
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here two nights on business. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The swimming pool and pool area were spotless. Free extensive continental breakfast offered hot items such as eggs, oatmeal and waffles. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. I came in on the P & B bus from Boston and the hotel provided a free shuttle from the bus stop to the hotel. As mentioned, this hotel is not in the center of Plymouth but is an easy 10 minute drive at the most. It is adjacent to the Colony Village Mall (on the same side of the street, too) so you can even walk to several close by restaurants, even more choices is you don't mind getting into your car and driving a minute or two.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank druid
Dear druid, I thank you for staying with us and am glad you found the room and pool to your liking, enjoyed the breakfast and benefited from our shuttle. Thanks for the compliment about the staff! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and trust we will see you again in the future.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed here recently for work. As a government traveler, I was happy that they accommodated the government rate and tax exemption without any hassle. Every Hampton Inn always seems to have very friendly staff, but the folks here seemed exceptionally nice.

My GPS (Google Navigation) had trouble figuring out how to get me to the hotel , but it got me close enough so that I was able to see the building and direct myself to it without any problems.

The hotel is a short drive to downtown Plymouth, and I believe they even offered a shuttle to town. I didn't use the shuttle, however, since I already had a rental car.

Random note: At first, I thought that my room didn't have a closet, but then I discovered that the closet door is a full length mirror. Look for the hinge, and then pull on the side opposite the hinge to open it.

Breakfast is complimentary! However, I recently started eating "paleo" so now I look through everything with a grain-free, no-added-sugar, minimally-processed lens... offerings here are slim, but good compared to continental breakfast offerings at other places. I had hard-boiled eggs and fruit. The eggs were edible, but the fruit seemed a little soggy or off.

Everything was clean, but I did find a false eyelash (?) in the bathroom on the sink counter. It remained there even after the room had been cleaned. I don't worry about such things as long as the bed and towels are clean, but I thought others might want to know about something like that.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear maotenglin, Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback on your stay. I would be interested in discussing a couple of things with you directly so please call me at the hotel. We indeed have a complimentary shuttle which provides service 8am-10pm to restaurants, shops or busienesses with in 5 miles of the hotel. I am glad you found some selections from our Complimentary Hot Breakfast. It is great to hear that you would definitely be back again. We look forward to it!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth? Share your experiences!