“We have been coming back here every year for the past 25 years!”

Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The Pilgrim Sands is a family place. The staff treat you as family and care about your stay with them. It is close to the Cape, Boston, and has a ton of stuff to do right in Plymouth. Just the beach is enough to keep you coming back! We have the Crow's Nest suite, with two balconies, and it is heaven to sit with a drink and watch the ocean. The waves lull you to sleep at night, too. They provide coffee and goodies in the morning, and at night you can go down to hear the music provided in the Cafe. The rooms are immaculate and well tended to. Just call down and ask about a tour, etc. and they will do their utmost to accomodate your wishes. We feel as if it is our home away from home! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Of course, the ocean view rooms are fantastic, but those that face the Plantation have a great view...

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Pilgrim Sands is the only place to stay when you visit Plymouth. It's clean, quiet, the staff is wonderful, the view is to die for, and the beach is gorgeous! I will not stay anywhere else when I visit this area. I have been coming back to this same hotel for many, many years and I will be back for many more to come. If you are looking for a great place to take your family then you need to stay here!

Room Tip: Try to book room 206! The view is amazing!
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My husband and 5 year old son stayed at this famiy-run hotel early August, booked for 3 nights. We had an ocean front king, 2nd floor, north building. The room was quite spacious with a sitting area and couch. The property is well-maintained, beach is beautiful, rooms very clean, and staff more than accommodating. We had a few quiet early evening drinks in the lounge and got some nice local food recommendations from the great bartender. We didn't try the food in the lounge area so can't comment, but they do put out a nice spread at breakfast, including toast/bagels, pastry and cereal (we only had coffee). Despite rain for 2 days, we had a great mini-vacation - the indoor pool/hot tub were a plus! Due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to check out a day early, just as the sun returned... The staff were wonderfully accommodating and understanding and did not charge us for the 3rd night, which is very rare these days. Fortunately we were able to enjoy the beautiful sandy beach the morning of check-out. We look forward to returning next summer - Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Splurge for oceanside. North Building lower levels do not have walk out to deck area. *South - or...
1  Thank Tracyaej
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This Motel is "one stop inclusive." This is a single girls dream place. I love to go away, but always feel unsafe by myself in a motel. Usually I would have to go out and find a place to eat, park in the dark, walk a long distance by myself. If I wanted to go to the beach I would have to pay for parking, be far from my car, lug my beach chair etc and worry about leaving my stuff unattended while I waded in the water or went for a walk on the beach. I would have to worry about finding someplace to go and have a glass of wine and listen to music and feel uncomfortable being by myself. At the Pilgrim Sands I had no worries at all. The parking lot is well lit, very close to the motel, my room had a balcony where I could sit out and enjoy the view and sound of the ocean while reading my book. If I wanted to be a bit social, I had the advantage of going down to the patio and ordering a glass of wine and a snack and enjoy it while listening to live entertainment. If I wanted to go for a walk on the beach I walked down a flight of stairs and there I was. The beach is private and was not congested and if I wanted to bring a beach chair close to the water, I could, all the while having a view of my things. At high tide I could enjoy the view on the large patio on one of the comfortable chaise lounges provided for guests. I could enjoy swimming in an indoor or outdoor pool and if I wanted a dip in the jacuzzi, I usually had it to myself. This is a very family oriented place. My stay was shared with couples with children or just young couples having a romantic get-away. I met women that were there for a mother/daughter weekend. The staff was awesome. Pat was the sweetest and Dave was very interested in making sure my stay was enjoyable and relaxing. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had a shared balcony but only saw my neighbors once. I could even leave my balcony sliding door open and enjoy the sounds of the ocean as each balcony also had a screen door that could lock. I was lulled to sleep listening to the sounds of the ocean. Each balcony has chairs so you can enjoy your time out there sitting and reading or just taking in the beautiful views. I recommend paying the extra for a room with the balcony. If you stayed at another hotel, you would have to pay for beach parking etc. so it all evens out at the end. I could literally stay there and not leave and have all I needed without getting in my car once. There are two places to dine within walking distance. This is seriously, "One Stop Inclusive". If I ever want to just go away and can't find someone to accompany me, I would feel completely safe by myself at the Pilgrim Sands.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Veronica C
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The amenities at Pilgrim Sands are excellent. We arrived at 8:30 a.m. and were welcomed and told to help ourselves to coffee and enjoy the patio and either of the pools or the beach. There is a restroom/changing room for guest use if you arrive before check-in or want to spend the day after check-out. There is coffee all day; breakfast was oranges, bannanas, 3 kinds of juice, several cereals, pastries, muffins, bagels and toast --- butter, peanut butter, cream cheese and jelly, coffee and tea --- all of these can be enjoyed in the in-house restaurant or the comfortable lounge or outside at a table on the patio. My only suggestion would be that they add Splenda to the choices for people who don't prefer sugar. After a full day at Plimouth Plantation, we were glad to enjoy excellent lobster salad at a very reasonable price in the restaurant -- soft-drink refill was free and the salad was served with fresh veggies. Free live entertainment (family friendly) on the patio -- ice cream sandwiches and both soft-drinks and cocktails available; tables, chairs and lounge chairs available. The room was somewhat smaller than I expected from the picture, but it was clean and the bathroom was immaculate, with soap and toothpaste provided. We didn't use the pools but they were beautiful and towels were provided. These easily compensate for the fact that the beach disappears at high tide. Every room was booked, but there was nosense of over-crowding and everyone was friendly. I give this motel 4 stars and definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bay side, but if none are available you can sit in the lounge or on the patio.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My best friends and I spent our annual girls weekend here and it was great. We stayed in a room that looked right out onto the water and got to wake up and go to sleep to the sound of the waves. The view at any time of the day is beautiful. Everything was clean and cared for. We got to enjoy the outdoor pool during the morning and then the indoor pool and hot tub at night. It was so nice to hang out in the hot tub after a day of shopping. The center of Plymouth is only two and ahalf miles away with great shopping. I would recomend the Pilgrim Sands if you would like to relax and enjoy your time off.

Room Tip: Get a room on the water side otherwise you are on the side facing the road. Only half of the rooms f...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

i have stayed here 6 times over the last several years and though i've tried several national hotels in the past, i will not do so again. as long as you stay on the ocean side of the hotel (though the plantation side is definitely pleasant) you can lay in bed and listen to the ocean; sit on the balcony and watch the ocean, all for a VERY modest price. they have free breakfast, lots of coffee, and a little bistro that is accessed from inside as well as on the veranda, beach access and close proximity to historic downtown and the wonderful harbor, as well as tons of restaurants and attractions.