“Great Stay!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Poughquag, New York
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

So nice to stay at a hotel that wasn't a chain (seen one, seen them all) We were lucky enough to have an ocean front room and the view is just beautiful from sunrise to sunset. Staff was very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions we had about the area. It was a first time visit for my husband and I and each and every person was more than happy to put up with our "what's the best...?" and "how do I get to...?" In addition the room was very comfortable and clean. We will most definitely stay here on our next visit!

Room Tip: oceanfront was beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 52Kath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My mother and I booked 8 nights here because of the view we saw on the internet. We had an ocean front room and the view was exceptional. Most of all the staff were all extremely friendly and accommodating, the room was comfortable and very clean. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Must get ocean view room. Second floor would be preferable as on first floor you can hear those abov...
Herkimer, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As a long time guest (over 20 years) The Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach keeps me, my family , and my friends coming back for more year after year. This is a family run motel and you can definitely tell! They make you feel like your part of there family ! The Sand Castle lounge is perfect for a cold one after a long day and the food is out of this world !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jimmer1984
Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter, her friend and I arrived early afternoon and found that the room we booked over the internet was infact oceanview, with no access to the outside. The owner was very rude when I asked for an oceanfront room on the balcony. He told me I shoudnt have used the online reservation system. The room was very clean and well appointed. There was no internet access at all for my laptop, again I was told it wasn't the hotel it was my computer. Again they are hoteliers and not computer geeks, so I checked it out down the street and it worked fine. Our cellphone wifi worked at the hotel. Other than an unacomodating owner, I love staying at this motel. I have family in the area and spent many summers here. Do what the desk clerk says and call to reserve your room and ask question, when you get there they will not move you to a room that suits your needs. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Be clear when asking for oceanfront, don't get a room without balcony access. Stay in the newer...
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We just came back from a one night stay with my family to explore Plymouth and see some sights. Pilgrim Sands was a great location- EXCELLENT service from check in to checking out. Very clean, right on the beach, what amazing views! Really relaxing location, and easily accessible to all sights. Pool was clean, too. Will definitely stay again! They even had a crib set up and ready for my son when we checked in- didn't even have to remind them!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The location is nice if you want to be oceanfront and are on a budget but be sure to ask for an oceanfront room as the plantation rooms overlook the parking lot. No pets and no smoking is allowed but the room smells like the last guests were four legged and smoked cigars perhaps while playing poker.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank w0nderlustqueen
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Pilgrim Sands and it was perfect get away. Waterfront views, happy helpful staff, great for the kids ...beach and pool...deck to eat outside and minutes from the center.
Extremely afforadable...can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront view!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple