“Coming back again”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
South Abington Township
“Coming back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place has everything!!! It's close to the heart of Plymouth but away from the noise. It's a quick ride to the Cape and Boston. The VIEW is worth the stay alone and the food and service are excellent. The price is right along with the rest but so much more is offered. Try it. You'll be back again and again. Just like we do. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Joamethyst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Polish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We found Pilgrim Sands through a web search, and decided to try it due to all the wonderful reviews. Our room was on the second floor facing the ocean. It was immaculate and very comfortable, the only improvements I can possibly come up with are the bed, which was a bit hard for my liking, but still suitable, and I would have loved more comfortable chairs on the balcony. The view is so incredible, I would have loved to spend more time out there, but the bench was really not comfortable for lounging and really enjoying the balcony. I made my reservation through their online system and it was absolutely seamless. Upon arriving we were greeted by a friendly gentleman, our room was ready, and absolutely everyone we came in contact with over our 3 day stay was just as pleasant and friendly. There is a nice sandy beachfront at low tide which does disappear when the tide comes in, but that really isn't an issue as there is an indoor and outdoor pool, as well as a spacious sundeck with lounge chairs overlooking the water. There is also a lounge/snack bar with a nice little menu and both indoor and outdoor seating, there was even outdoor entertainment on Friday night! It is also very conveniently located to Water Street where most of the restaurants and shops of Plymouth were located.The property, the atmosphere, the wonderful staff, all made for a perfect beach trip for us, we can't wait to return next year with more family and to make this a yearly tradition! Thanks for the hospitality!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the way to go, some of the rooms on the first floor that are oceanfront also open onto...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Good place for families with children. 2 pools, with beach access. Very good to visit plymouth and area.

A particularly nice ocean view... And on the main road into Plymouth for shopping, viewing attractions and entertainment.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Rooms themselves a bit dated.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Stephen A
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Pilgrim Sands many times over a 30 year period. After her death I could not go there alone. Five years ago I went with my niece and this year I went with my niece and sister. We found the area and motel very relaxing. All of the staff were very polite and friendly.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the second floor of the South building because they face Cape Cod Bay.
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

WOW!!! My family and I have been staying at Pilgrim Sands each summer for at least 25 years. The hotel is very comfortable and clean. We always feel at home there. The staff is very friendly and always accommodating. My grandson loves the indoor and outdoor pools as well as the beach which is right outside your door! There is also a very nice lounge inside the hotel where there is food available. Best lobster roll I've ever had! I would highly recommend a stay here!

Room Tip: We like to stay on the first floor in the patio rooms (115-120) because it has great access to the b...
2 Thank Ken L
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is our first time at the Pilgrim Sands and it was wonderful. The ocean views are spectacular and can be viewed from the spacious sun deck area where there are tables and chairs as well as lounge chairs. The flowers gracing the property were gorgeous. As if the ocean wasn't enough , they have two pools. I love to do my lap swimming and the management allowed me to swim earlier than they officially open which I so much appreciated. The staff was great from check in to check out. The location is perfect for taking walks if you are a walker. I also loved that they had stairs going down to the beach and when the tide was high you walked right into the water. We had a room street side on the second floor and it was quiet and we all got a great night sleep. We will definitely stop in again!

Room Tip: Plantation side is the street side. If you want to view the ocean, the ocean side second floor was...
2 Thank Lisawoodart
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Pilgrim Sands is a great hotel. You have to understand what you are going in for before booking a room at the Sands. If you are looking for a super modern luxury hotel with all of the amenities, this isn't the place for you. If you are looking for a hotel on the beach that is clean, comfortable, and family run, this is the perfect place.

The hotel has live entertainment on the weekends, but other than that, it is pretty quiet during the week. The rooms are good sized and comfortable (even if a little out of date). Breakfast is lackluster, but kids love it since they have pastries and cereal. Everyone on the staff is very friendly, and the owner is usually always on site and willing to speak with you if you have any problems. Their cafe has good food, but pretty slow service, since everything is made to order.

We look forward to coming again.

1 Thank GregK1239