“Wonderful Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Ashland, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I can never say enough about Pilgrim Sands, Their staff is A+ and no other hotel/motel comes close to them. What a wonderful group of people upon walking into the front door you see the familiar faces on each visit. This is a positive thing which reinforces how great a place this is. No matter who you encounter on your visit the staff is more than accommodating. Then the view..only hotel in Plymouth on the water. Next, the rooms, always clean. I have been going to Pilgrim Sands for the last 18 years and each time I go I love it even more. Always a positive experience and they never disappoint you.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room and I have been in a lot of them.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Polish first
Hastings, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family stayed at Pilgrims Sands Hotel for four days. Our initial travel plans were for three days in the area but we decided to extend our stay an extra day to fit all the activities in.

This hotel is right on the beach. Sea shells available for the kids to collect during low tide. Conveniently located to area attractions. Including a day trip in to Boston using public transportation. During the week public transportation is available from Plymouth. We were there on the weekend so we took a 30 minute drive to Brackston Station and took a train in to Boston from there.

In the Plymouth area we were able to visit Plimouth Plantation, take a whale watching trip, tour the Mayflower 2, collect sea shells which was important to our children, learn how the tide comes in and out from the ocean, visit an area park that had a playground and splash pad area the kids enjoyed. So much to do in the area we were not able to see all the sites.

The staff was helpful with our questions regarding a day trip to Boston. Our daughters birthday took place while in Plymouth and we were directed to Cupcake Charlies for great cup cakes by the staff. When we returned with the cupcakes at the end of the day one of the waitress found us a candle. The waitress then proceeded to sign happy birthday to our daughter celebrating her fourth birthday.

The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pools and both looked nice. Our children preferred to wade in the ocean waters so we did not try out the pool area. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, danish and bagels as well as coffee and juice.

The hotel is clean and well cared for by the owners. The rooms were large for hotel rooms. Since we extended our stay we stayed in two different rooms. The transition was easy as the staff moved our luggage while we were out touring the town. For those that are concerned about towels and decor. The towels were average size. I like towels that are huge so for me they could have been bigger but my family would say they were fine. As far as the decor of the hotel cute funny saying around the hotel regarding traveling to the beach. We loved them. Rooms were fine as well nothing fancy just nice. I did laugh in our second room as the bathroom sink and tub were green. One does not see that very often any more.

We ate at the restaurant one night we were there. The food was fine. On the weekends the lounge area had people from the area signing on the non smoking patio. I believe the hotel is non-smoking except in designated areas. That worked great for our family as well.

Our family loved this hotel and it would be our only choice if in the area again. From the time we made the reservation to the point we checked out each and every staff member was helpful and friendly. The location was great for so many activities. If you are looking for a great family hotel this would be a great choice. Both parents and kids loved the stay we had at Pilgrams Sands

Room Tip: Book early so you can get a beach front room.
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Took our daughters and two young grand kids for an overnight beach get away. The place is very well kept, the room was large enough to accommodate a crib as well as rollaway cot, and the staff is exceptional! We stayed an additional night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 August 2014

once again I want to take this time to say thank you to all the staff at pilgrim sands and dave one the managers there who took good care of me and my family while we vacationed there.we were there from august 1st till august 6th.and I have to say it is very hard to leave there after your time is over at pilgrim sands,cause the staff makes hard for you to go cause they are so curtious and wonderful.my family and I have been going there for the past 4 years in the summer,and there is no other place we would want to go.you have a wonderful beach view,an outside pool as well as an indoor pool and Jacuzzi.awesome rooms,a great lounge with good food and drinks,and again the staff is wonderful.i wish that everywhere you would go visit would be as customer service friendly as they are at pilgrim sands.even on a dreary day when it's raining,they still take the time to care to your every need.they are a cut above the rest.i hate the fact that now my family and I have to now wait another 12 months before we go back and that stinks!! but I have my pictures at home to remind me and just want to say again,if you are looking to get away and go somewhere nice a highly suggest pilgrim sands trust me,you will no be disappointed.thank you again pilgrim sands for taking such good care of my family and I and hope to see you again very soon,hopefully the winter will go by really quick.thanks once again!! Jason and Wendy LaBranche,Nathaniel and Nicholas.

Room Tip: when visiting,see if you can get a room with a view of the ocean,it is quite breath taking.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

this is the second time we've been here and cant say enough abbout the place. excellent prompt service. delicious food. tight on the beach. family owned. wonderful. definitely coming back. met people from many countries here who agree

Room Tip: we always choose beachftont
1 Thank Rebecca L
Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Found the hotel via a AAA tour book and we picked the right one. Comfortable and clean rooms, restaurant and lounge with easy walk out access to the back deck. Back deck had more than plenty available tables, chairs and lounge chairs looking out over the hotel bay beach. Indoor pool with hot tub was great fun for the kids. The staff was super helpful for not only hotel related questions but also any questions about Plymouth. The guests are also friendly and we quickly found the hotel has returning guests more than willing to chat and offer tips about the town. Because of the layout and amenities (beach, deck, pools) the kids quickly made friends with other guests' kids.

We stayed on the lower level of the plantation side and my friend and her son stayed on the second floor above us. Although no water view, we had easy access to parking and had no problems parking close to, if not right in front of, our rooms. Another reviewer mentioned the rooms having some "dated" elements...the motel takes you back in a very positive way to a good old fashioned hotel without the boring ugly modern furniture found in many business class hotels. Room was freshly painted with clean new wallpaper and drapes. The beds were comfortable and sheets super soft. FOUR pillows (nice not mushy) on each bed! The bathroom was roomy (perfect for wet beach goers) with plenty of towel racks and hooks (again perfect for hanging beach towels). My daughter and I loved the retro cool mint green bathtub and toilet. The entire bathroom was spotless...tile, grout, new sink, shower curtain everything absolutely clean. In my years of business travel I've been in plenty of hotels with newer tubs where the fiberglass is stained beyond cleaning. Give me a hotel willing to offer a super clean bathroom where the retro has not been torn out and added to the trash heap. (Tub is also very easy to get in and out of - I have bad knees).

We can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marjie C
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review with a heavy heart. Overall we thought the hotel was fine. It's ON the beach, has an indoor and outdoor pool, short beach dining menu (pizzas, sandwiches), and is very close to Plymouth town and Plimoth Plantation.

Unfortunately for us our "plantation view" was really a roof view because we were above the lobby. The toilet made a loud noise for about 10 minutes after you flushed. We went for a walk around the property and there were spiders & webs outside on the balconies. Obviously we were outside, but there are chairs for guests to look at the ocean. We asked one guest who was outside if he enjoyed the spiders (which were making a beautiful web in front if him) and he exclaimed and went back inside. Oops!

In the end we would probably try this place again. There are just a few things they can work on.

Stayed August 2014