“Last Resort”

Ranked #16 of 18 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Last Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We attend a tournament benefitting Autism and Children's cancer every July and usually end up in a different locale. Unfortunately, weddings reigned supreme and the other venue was booked. This was a last resort and I would leave it as such. Proximity to downtown is very good, but that is where it ends. Bedding, TV and cleanliness were oKay. The bathroom looked like my autistic son did the caulking and the shower curtain quite simply - sucked ( in on you). They did have a small fridge which was nice. However, beware should any items not be accounted for upon your departure - they have an itemized list of items and the corresponding charges associated with the replacement of said item(s) in each room.

Room Tip: As above...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Don R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Oswego, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Horrible conditions-Entrance door severely damaged as if kicked in (more than once) no bedding on second bed , no towels , broken small trash can over full , blanket with three corner tear , wall switch inoperative , lamp shade damaged , wall paper peeling , paper stuffed in bathtub drain , no soap , shampoo or other amenities , corners of bathroom floor filthy , bathroom door top filthy with cigarette smoke film running down door from heat and humidity of bath steam , no smoking sign on mirror installed upside down , noisy AC , and general vague odor of cigarette smoke in spite of room "made over" since smoking ban .

Room Tip: Don't expect too much for your money
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Kentfield, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

The night person when we checked in was very nice and told us that next year the inn is going to go through a complete renovation which might have been a excuse for the condition of the place. The rooms were nice but there was mold in the shower. The breakfast is very basic and I suggest going else where.

• Stayed July 2013
Storrs, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed in the hotel for one night. The harbor view was very beautiful. The hotel is not new but kept clean. The staff members were very friendly. They responded to our request quickly. Our kids loved the pool, very nice. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast with hot cocoa.

Room Tip: There is a greater view at the harbor side
Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Iv stayed here twice, The first time was Horrible! My son couldnt sleep because the room was so dingy smelling and no fresh air was able to circulate the room unless we left the door wide open. I heard that they did renovations So I figured id give it another shot! This time my dogs would be coming :) so I was super excited. I made sure 3 times that they KNEW I was bringing my 2 dogs and they said everytimes YES your booked for a pet friendly room. We show up. the room location was great ( ground level ) but entering the room that I just paid $220.00 for I could hardly breathe! Didnt look like it was vacuumed ( pet hair everywhere ) the smell was so bad i had to breathe out of my mouth. Mildewy dingy and just honestly unhealthy to stay. I asked nicely if we could have a room change because I wouldnt of been able to sleep there. They agreed and gave me a room to check out before deciding. I checked the room which was MUCH cleaner so I took it. Besides the fact of the ac hardly working and the best being leveled out by some books its was better than the first room. A few days later I got an extra charge of $77.00 to my account and when I called to ask why hey said it was a "pet damage" charge. I told the woman my pets didnt make any damages other wise I wouldnt be calling. She told me it was for having my pets in a NO PET room. But they switched me knowing I had 2 dogs with me. They are horrible, room need to be inspected by the board of health because they are really just that bad. I will officially never stay there again. Not worth the aggravation and definitely NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

Room Tip: Book a room somewhere else.
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The website makes this hotel look very nice. It was a horrifying experience. It smelled like smoke and mold. The white and brown comforters that you see online do not exist. We had red 1970s looking thin coverlet on the bed which had burn holes in it. The shower did not maintain a temperature and went from hot to cold. The toilet would not flush. I even heard the people upstairs had a bird (dead or alive I don't know) in the sink upstairs. We asked for a new room because of the toilet/shower situation but were told none were available. They told us they were at 50% occupancy when we checked in. Very sketchy. Would not recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

For the amount of money you spend and the location and services you get this is a good deal. Lap of luxury? No. Clean, comfortable? Yes. A pool, couple things to eat in the morning, AC TV... We stayed 4th of July for a couple days and had a blast watching the fireworks and people. If it wasn't 4th of July there is still plenty to do but a few days is plenty. The 4th is probably their busiest time and there was a bit of stress on the staff but they p[performed admirably. Check in was a little slow but fine, the maintenance guy was phenomenal. Pulled in a dozen directions but was accommodating and courteous...even when dealing with our large beer crowd! Nice job folks, see you next year

Room Tip: spend the extra couple bucks and get the bay view. The others are over a parking lot.