“a bit sketchy...”

John Carver Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2014

recent stay with 2 friends for a girls getaway. Unfortunately I didn't realize how many families are take their kids for weekend trips . the pool was bedlam! not what we had in mind to unwind. The room was decent but bathroom fan not working and long dark hair in tub. We are all blonds! Also the window at ground level overlooked an old pillow, beer cans and cigarette butts which was disturbing. My real complaint is the $35.00 charge I discovered on my bank account site which was not authorized or mentioned to me! When I called the clerk was very nonchalant and just said it was charged to my card for incidentals and would be reimbursed to my card since we did not accrue charges in the room. this is just wrong ! I should not have had to call for to have this explained to me !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
jstreeter, Manager at John Carver Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Kelly B,
I am sorry to hear about the confusion regarding your credit card. It is our hotel’s policy to place a small authorization on the card at the time of check in for potential incidental charges. This authorization may show up on your account but will disappear if no charges were used. I apologize that this was not explained to you at check in. Also, I apologize for the cleanliness issues in the tub and outside. I have addressed these issues with our housekeeping staff. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have the need for lodging in Plymouth in the future. I will make sure you are taken care of.
Jeff Streeter
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My daughter's and I travel here for school break for the past three years! The people are amazingly accommodating and the Inn is always comfy and clean. It is our home away from home! We have frown to love the staff from familiar faces to new ones that we have met of the years!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had an amazing stay. The rooms were clean and the beds were sooooooo comfortable. We went during our February vacation. The pool was so much fun for my kids. The value was great for what we received.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed just one night during February vacation and wished it was more. We picked the John Carver Inn for the pool but were amazed and all the other activities they had for the kids to do during our stay. There was bingo, arts & crafts, cookie decorating, special guests and movie nights. So much to do! We did spend most of our time at the pool but enjoyed some other activities as well.
The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. My kids are already planning their next trip back.

1  Thank Amy P
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I took my son for an overnight trip as a quick getaway and we had a great time. Check in was quick and painless. The room was comfortable and the staff very friendly and attentive. The big attraction at the John Carver is the really nice pool complete with water slide and water falls. There's also a hot tub for older kids and adults. During our visit they had some great activities for kids including cookie decorating, a balloon artist and bingo (have to call out Bethany for doing great job with the kids!). The Hearth and Kettle restaurant is family-oriented which was perfect for our visit. However, they do have a nice lounge for the adults that had live music. Parking was a bit of a challenge because of all the snow, but that was the only downside. Plymouth is a great place to visit even in the winter - lots of shops and restaurants. We topped off the visit with a trip to the Plimoth Candy Co - my son's favorite Plymouth shop and within walking distance of the hotel.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I found the John Carver Inn after searching online for hotels with indoor water parks in MA. There were several listed in MA but none that could compete with location and price. I've stayed at another popular indoor water park but found it to be over priced and did not get any sleep due to the lack of sound proofing. The John Carver Inn exceeded all my expectations! It was easy to get to, the staff was friendly and helpful, our room was clean, and the beds were so amazingly comfortable. The pillows were also really comfortable. We loved the fact that we never had to go outside because the pool, and restaurant are all connected. Unfortunately we did not try out the spa on this trip but hopefully next year. The pool was perfect, it was clean, good sized, and the water slide was tons of fun. The best part we had the entire pool to ourselves for 2 hours! I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and plan to return next year.

Room Tip: If you stay on the 2nd floor you will be on the same floor as the pool and the spa.
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've been coming to this hotel for years and years with my girls. They are now 12 & 16 and still like coming for many reasons including the pool, location in Plymouth (we don't drive anywhere- we walk to the shops, eateries, parks, and ocean).
Plymouth offers many fun attractions (not to mention the history), and it never gets old or boring.
The JC Inn is an excellent choice.
And- we live 40 min away yet it feels like an amazing off-the-grid getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#9 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to John Carver Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!