“Wheelchair users will find this great!”

Comfort Inn Plymouth
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Wheelchair users will find this great!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We needed a wheelchair accessible room with two beds and that is very hard to find. This hotel has a great wheelchair accessible room with lots of space in the room and bathroom. There was a lovely place to walk the service dog. These things make vacation travel much easier and enjoyable. The hotel employees were very pleasant and helpful.
We were booked in Plymouth at another motel which turned out not to have what we needed -I won't book online again. The owner of that place called Comfort Inn and they had exactly what we needed. Thank you to them!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Charles59s, Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am happy to hear that the handicap room was to your satisfaction which made it a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you during your future travels to Plymouth, MA.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 August 2014

When we travel, we usually stay at a Hilton hotel so I was a little reluctant to stay at the Comfort Inn.
Well, we were pleasantly surprised.
We visited Plymouth for a wedding and made a mini vacation out of it.
the Plymouth comfort inn was very accommodating and very helpful during our stay. We checked in the day of the wedding, which could be very stressful. The associated behind the desk did everything she could to get us in our room as early as possible. Which was a nice start of our stay.
We found the hotel to be VERY CLEAN. Even the stairwells were clean!! Which
says a lot for the cleaning staff.
A+ for the maid service too! Our room was VERY CLEAN.
The breakfast that came with the room was pretty basic but enough choices to
start your day. Breakfast area was VERY CLEAN and food supply was kept up
during the time breakfast was served. Coffee was offered through out the day
also.
On our departure I found out the associated at the front desk was the manager, Keelas.. Her warm, friendly and helpful nature was very apparent why this hotel
is A++.
We will be back next year!

Room Tip: our room was facing the back parking lot. The complex behind the hotel is VERY NOISEY at night. I...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank teresa p
Charles59s, Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Your kind words are greatly appreciated by my entire staff and to be compared to the Hilton is a great honor, thank you for that. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family soon. Have a wonderful day.

Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here during our visit to Plymouth attractions. Family friendly. Pool inviting. Breakfasts were wonderful. Service spectacular. It's the kind of hotel I wish I could bring with me on my travels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Charles59s, Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon. Have a wonderful day.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My family enjoyed a comfortable night’s stay in a clean, quiet room. I needed to do laundry that evening, and Eloise (at the front desk) printed directions to the closest laundromat for me. It was nice not having to find a place on my own.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy to hear that my staff was accommodating to you and your family. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Woodhaven, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2014

the hotel was clean and the rates were good. it was a 5 min. drive to all the attractions. the breakfast was okay yogurt, fruit, 3 cereals,instant oatmeal, a waffles machine for fresh hot waffles, hard boiled eggs,and sausage patties and scrambled eggs.If the eggs were stirred half way through during the nuking they wouldn't be as plastic. overall the staff was friendly

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I have shared your kind words with my staff. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon. Have a wonderful day.

Redford, MI
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I arrived late at night. We were greeted by a very nice lady at the front desk. She was very courteous and we felt very positive about our stay here. We pretty much went right to bed. We woke up in the morning and went down for breakfast. The breakfast area was nice, but the woman working the breakfast area was about the rudest person I've ever met in my life. Her name was Danielle and when I let her know that the waffle batter was out, she rolled her eyes, went back to get more. When she returned, with a very nasty look on her face, she slammed the batter into the dispenser. I said thank you (though I shouldn't have with the attitude she gave us), and got no response as she stormed away. You'd think we arrived at the end of breakfast! We were there right in the middle of breakfast hours. Very very rude.

We took our breakfast back to our room and were eating and we kept hearing doors slam. I thought it was awfully rude of guests to be slamming their doors. At one point, my husband went to see if we could find out which room was slamming their door so we could ask them to keep it down, or contact the front desk. When he went out, he discovered that the room directly next to our room was a maintenance room, where the housekeeping staff keeps their things, and THEY were the ones slamming the door.

My advice: If you're going to continue to charge the rate you charge, have the front desk staff train the rest of the staff in customer service. The hotel was nice enough, but after being treated so rudely by Danielle in the morning, and the continuous slamming of the doors by hotel staff, we won't be returning. It was not worth the price that we paid.

Room Tip: Request a room that is NOT near the housekeeping closet, as apparently they do not know how to NOT s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leetlestar
Charles59s, Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you encountered during your stay at the hotel recently. I have shared your comments with all of my staff. We take pride in treating our guests with respect at all times. As a manager I am always available to assist the guests with any issues that arise and to correct them immediately. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and give us the opportunity to make your stay a pleasant experience.

Henrietta, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent two days in Plymouth, and decided to stay a few miles away from the waterfront at The Comfort Inn. Rates were reasonable and the hotel was clean. The decor was a bit outdated (with the exception of the bed duvets). The pool was tiny and a little cloudy, but the kids enjoyed it. The free breakfast was basic. Staff was present, but not overly friendly.

It was what I expected from a Comfort Inn for the price. But then we stayed in the Comfort Inn in Sturbridge for the second part of out trip. THAT Comfort Inn was just so outstanding that I became a little disappointed in the one in Plymouth.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you during your future travels.

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!