Moffett House
  • Free Internet
Masthead Resort(Provincetown)
Cape Colony Inn(Provincetown)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor showerfree bikesshared bathroomin towncommercial streetmy partnerrooms are smallprivate baththe main streetquiet oasisportuguese bakerymini fridgeother guestsopportunity to meetsummer seasonceiling fana great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at the Moffett House because of good reviews in tripadvisor. We are not picky. We have stayed in many places around the world and I usually like to stay in non-commercialized B&Bs or hotels.We stayed in a room with a private bath and that is exactly what we got. The room was tight with barely any room to move around. The closet will only hold luggage for one. I found myself tripping over my luggage and my partner. They don't believe in fabric softener because their towels are like sandpaper. Their kitchen is not the cleanest, I found that out when I I went hunting for a cup of coffee. The staff is friendly and that helps. This house looks like they sectioned it off one two many times. The wooden floors need to be repaired, you can see the light on in the basement, and if you are a light sleeper you can easily hear people walking in the hallway. I hope this review helps. I tried to be as subjective as possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank prqween
RussAO, Owner at Moffett House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

To be honest I found your mean spirited review to be unfair.

When your girlfriend contacted me about booking a room we had a 5 minute conversation. Twice during the conversation she said to me that she was looking for “the least expensive option” as she would not be spending much time in the room.

I explained to her that our least expensive option was a rather small room with one full size bed and that a full size bed does sleep two people however it is the smallest size bed that sleeps two people – it is smaller than a queen size bed. Further that our rooms vary a fair amount in the house and that we have pictures of all of our rooms with room detail in the ROOMS & RATES section of our website. And to make sure that she takes a look at that section of our website.

After speaking with our house manager about your review he said that the two of you should have booked one of our rooms with, at the very least a queen size bed.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here in the month of January. We really enjoyed this small guest house and the staff, Todd and James, couldn't have been nicer. It is located right in the center of town and everything is within walking distance.
Although we went in the off-season, there was still a lot to see given the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Great viewings of wild life and bautiful beach scenery.
The guest house itself was very clean and cozy. The room had great heat and given the cold temperatures we encountered, it was very nice sleeping here and just hanging out in the room.
Check their off-season rates, I don't think you can beat these prices.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed at Moffett House in May 2012. It was my first trip to the US, first trip OS on my own. My friends introduced me to Provincetown on a day trip, but i decided to go back for a week on my own.
Moffett House was as comfortable, clean and welcoming as I could wish for.
It became my base for exploring the tip of Cape Cod and the delights of Provincetown.
As a woman, I was concerned with how I would cope sharing a bathroom, with not only other women but men as well!?? No probs at Moffett House, not only was the bathroom always free when i needed it (well done guys!) it was always clean!
My room was bright, clean....home for 5 days!
There was also a nice mix of m & f guests. At some stage of the day/night we would sit in the garden and chat! For an Aussie that insight into life in the US, with a focus on lesbian/gay was great!
Definietely a highlight in an Aussie's visit to Cape Code!

Room Tip: Ask the guys
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Pamela Dawn W
RussAO, Owner at Moffett House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your nice review. Just to clarify we also have rooms at the Inn available with private bathrooms. And most of our rooms that don't have their own bathroom do have a sink in the room. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Let me start by saying that this place is in a PRIME location if you want to walk around the main part of town. The house itself is set off the hustle and bustle, so you can enjoy being in the middle of it all without losing sleep because of it.

I LOVE the fact that bikes are available for free, because you would otherwise pay an arm and a leg just to bike around all day. Also, Todd, who was taking care of the house during our stay, is super friendly, and will give you great recommendations on what to do around town.

The room itself, though small, was very cozy and clean (and warm - we went during the winter), and honestly, just what we needed - who goes to Provincetown to hang out in their room all day?

All in all, love the place, love the location, love the staff, and love the rates!!!! :O)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My boyfriend and I had such a nice time here. We were just looking at pictures from this summer. The Moffett House was such a big part of it. The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. We initially had reservations about a shared bathroom. We ended up meeting the nicest people and partying with them around town. Luciano is the BEST! What a sweet attenitive guy. Really made us feel welcome. Fresh baked goods... yum. House Bikes were such a bonus. Outside shower :) Can't wait to come back! Jim and Hernan. Orange, CA

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimbvandy
RussAO, Owner at Moffett House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your nice review. Just to clarify we also have rooms at the Inn available with private bathrooms. We look forward to your return visit.