“Hidden Gem in the middle of Ptown”
Review of Moffett House

Moffett House
Ranked #20 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Rhode Island
“Hidden Gem in the middle of Ptown”
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I almost hate to share how much I love the Moffett House because I don't want to have to compete for a reservation at this gem of a guest house. I stayed there during July 4th and most recently during Ptown's Carnival Week. I can't say enough good things about the hospitality and atmosphere that Russ, Luciano and Kymberly provide. During both of my stays they hosted a BBQ for guests and our friends, which was a great opportunity to get to know others. Of course, second to the staff at the Moffett House is its great location -- center of town but on a quiet sequestered path, tucked between Commercial and Bradford Streets. I'll add, as much as I love the Moffett House, the quaint accommodations might not be for everyone. In other words, those looking for "princess" amenities might do better looking elsewhere.

• Liked — 75 % staff; 25% location
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
los angeles, ca
Reviewed 13 August 2008

The Moffett house is a semi-hidden sanctuary and gem ensconced off a small and beautiful alley near the heart of town. With a beautiful front yard and garden, a wonderful view of the pilgrims tower and the charms and history of colonial architecture, this bed and breakfast won me over the minute I stepped foot in it. On top of the continental breakfast, free wireless internet and incredible location, I was most impressed with the diverse mix of guests that populated the inn. It reminded me of the communal funkiness of San Francisco mixed with a European flavor of internationalism. During my stay, we had families, European backpackers, single gay men and Lesbian couples all mixing it up over coffee and breakfast, lounging in the garden and showering out in the back yard cedar shower. How great is that! The Moffett House feels like my hidden secret in P-town but in all fairness I want to share it with all like-minded travelers!

• Liked — the charming atmosphere and communal nature of the inn
  • Disliked — the shared bathrooms
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Boston
Reviewed 30 July 2008

-We booked the room over the phone and Russ, the owner, was very helpful and charming. We arrived at the Moffet House by boat from Boston. The rooms are small but very clean, with AC (very important!!!!) am mini-refrigerator and TV. The house has a lot of charm and it is very quuite. It is right in teh middle of town, but in a pathway... so very quite. We loved our stay and the staff (Kimberly and Luciano) was very helpful and fun. They organized agreat BBQ where we were able to invite some of our friends. Luciano makes a fantastic watermelon-vodka-frozen drink !!!!!!!!!
Did I say we had free use of bikes?
We will be back soon.

• Liked — friendly, clean
Miami,FL 33130
Reviewed 22 July 2008

If you want a really friendly stafff, peace and quiet and above all comfort...then please stay at the Moffett House! It is located, right next to Commercial and is in the heart of where all the fun is!!!

Nice clean rooms, lots of space to move about, free bike rentals...this place has it all!!!

• Liked — It felt like we were part of the family there! It wasnt at all a snobby place, it was like visiting old friends!!!
  • Disliked — I could not say, everything was perfect!
Miami
Reviewed 21 July 2008

This is my second time staying at the Moffett House and I can't wait to return. My partner and I had a great week and really miss our time there. Russ and Luciano really went out of their way for all of us and this contributed greatly to our experience.

They hosts bar-b-q's for the guests. The free bikes really are a blessing as they are expensive and many people trying to rent makes things more complicated. The TV with movies and the wireless internet are all things that not many other guestshouses on the island offer. It's centrally located which makes exploring easier and funner when you are in the thick of it.

All in all...we can't wait to get back to the Moffett House.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — The shared bathrooms
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 19 April 2008

We booked this reservation > a month in advance and visited during the "off-season" to get the most competitive rate. I was skeptical about staying here at first because it was right in the middle of town where there has been alot of activity and noise, traditionally, but after I got here all my fears were allayed. Managers Brian and Russ are friendly and helpful and unpretenious. The parking (for a small fee) is convenient. There's are couple of cozy quiet sitting areas outside the house. One has a table and chairs. The one in the back has plenty of seating and flowers and a shade tree where I spent time talking to other travelers. The most recent improvement is a roomy enclosed (but not the from the top) fully functioning outdoor shower to wash off if you're coming from the beach (or if you just like taking a shower outside).

We had everything we needed. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable with cable tv. Access to furnished kitchen. Internet Access. Free bicycles.

It might be true that in "peak-season" you'll be trying to sleep right in the middle of party town but that wasn't our experience.

If you're a person that is pretenisou and has 5 Star expectations and looking for alot of privacy and non-interpersonal communication this place may not be for you. But I had a great time, I found it relaxing and cathartic and met many nice people.

• Liked — Price, Location
  • Disliked — People coming in at different hours. Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple