“I LOVE The Moffett House!”
Review of Moffett House

Moffett House
Ranked #20 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I try to get away to Provincetown at least once a year with a group of my friends and we always stay at the Moffett House! The house is always clean and very well stocked, the staff always friendly and very knowledgeable about all the events going on in town and in the surrounding area! The rooms are very comfortable, not to mention affordable! As much as love visiting Ptown, it can be a bit expensive and if you are on a budget, like I am, the Moffett House's rates definitely make it an affordable trip! It's right in the center of town yet just off Commercial Street so you always seconds away from being in the center of everything! I also love that there are more than enough bicycles for everyone in the house and the fantastic view of the Monument while sitting in the garden. If you are planning a trip to Ptown, DEFINITELY check this place out!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 March 2014

After my first visit to Moffett house I selfishly decided to keep this delightful and reasonably priced hidden gem a secret.
But now after my second wonderful stay I feel I owe it to the wonderful folks at the Moffett house and visitors to Ptown to share my experience.
For a town that is becoming more and more expensive each year, the rates here are excellent. Additionally it is in a prime location and a short walk from all the action in town but yet secluded enough to give one the peace and quiet that one craves on vacation.
The owners and staff could not be warmer or more accommodating. The property, including the charming garden and living room is very tasteful and sweet as are the guest rooms, which remind me of my stays in the English country side.
Add to that the complementary breakfast and free use of a bicycle during ones stay and now you see why I was keeping this place all to myself.’

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My friends and I make it a point to visit Provincetown at least once a year, usually in June, and we always choose to stay at the Moffett House. It's casual and comfortable, and the staff is always friendly. And we always feel like we get a lot of bang for the buck. The rooms are cozy, and the place really does feel more like a home than an impersonal hotel. The best thing about Moffett House, though, is its ideal location. It's right smack in the middle of all the action, without being right on top of it. It's set back from the hustle and bustle (and noise) of Commercial Street, but you can literally be at the world-famous Portuguese bakery eating a malasada (a fried-dough piece of heavenly confection) in 30 seconds flat. In fact, everything is right nearby. It's even super convenient to the dock if you're coming in by ferry. And if you want to venture out a little farther, Moffett House provides bikes for all its guests---at no extra cost. We LOVE Moffett House, and we plan on returning for many years to come!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here in August. We had planned to stay for only one night, but we kept extending our stay because the staff was so friendly, the location was great (we were able to walk EVERYWHERE!), the price was RIGHT, and we fell in love with Provincetown. We loved the outdoor shower and the very eclectic collection of DVD's to watch. Also, there were free bikes that made exploring outside the center of town really easy. So fun! We will definitely come back to Moffett House the next time we go to P-town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My boyfriend and I searched far and wide for a good value in late summer specifically in P-town. TripAdvisor led me to this charming place. First if all, you cannot beat the location. Moffett is in the center if town, but set back from the main street down a walkway, so you aren't disturbed by foot traffic. You can walk everywhere so conveniently, and easily pop in and out to grab a sweatshirt, drop off taffy, or take a cat nap. I loved the free bike offer, but did not have time to use it, unfortunately. The managers/caretakers were just so warm, accommodating and doting, it was like an extended family. I was a bit nervous about the shared bathroom situation, as I have never done that before, but it just wasn't a problem at all. Everything was super clean, warm, well lit, and comfy. I would recommend them to anyone, and I hope to visit again soon. A true gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Moffett House for weekend last month. We loved it.
Our English is not that good, we made reservation over the phone with the owner of the Inn, twenty minutes later we got a phone call back from someone who was speaking French and wanted to make sure we got the right information, and to answer to more questions if we had any. He was Luciano, who works there and speaks fluently French.
The MH is located in the middle of town but on a very quite pathway off the busy Commercial Street.
The room was small but very clean, it had A/C and mini-refrigerator. They have beach towels, umbrella, and they were extremely helpful to make our stayed unforgettable: Luciano knew all about restaurants, we loved especially Ross's Grill, and Todd (another guy who works there) knew everything about where to go clubbing.
We had a great stay and a great vacation. The atmosphere of the house is very friendly and charming.
A' la prochaine fois !!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just came back from a five-night stay at the Moffett House, and both my traveling companion and I thoroughly enjoyed staying there. The staff is informal but completely responsive to requests (my companion was worried about whether the morning sun in our skylight room would make it hard to sleep in, and the owner responded by installing adjustable blinds in the skylight. Perhaps this was already on his agenda, but it still made us feel as if we were being very well taken care of. As other reviewers have noted, this is a terrific location that, through a quirk of land ownership or zoning, sits smack in the middle of town yet is quiet, shady and secluded. Among other features we especially appreciated were the good WiFi, a well-equipped outdoor shower, full access to the kitchen and outdoor grill, and the easy-going staff. Inflexible travelers would probably mark the house down for room size (small), the limited living-room area (partly compensated for by a sun-dappled courtyard in front and an outdoor dining area near the rear), and the shared baths (note that some rooms have private baths). We considered all of these characteristics part of the Moffett House's charm, and feel that we will return there in 2014.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends