All reviews outdoor shower free bikes shared bathroom in town commercial street my partner rooms are small private bath quiet oasis mini fridge portuguese bakery other guests opportunity to meet summer season ceiling fan a great place to stay national seashore
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Stop your search because this is it! You've found it. Here's why I loved it:
1. Rooms are super clean and tastefully done (yes, they're small, but welcome to p-town)
2. Communal kitchen (so you can cook and get to know other guests)
3. Unpretentious vibe
4. Craig, the host is super friendly and gave us great suggestions on what to do and where to eat
5. Free bikes (really the best way to explore p-town is on bike and this place lends them out for free)
6. Very affordable rates (their rates vary by day of the week and season but we got great value for p-town)
7. Guesthouse is smack downtown, you can't get more central than this unless you slept on the curb ... But bc it's behind other Guesthouses on the inside of the block it feels like a quiet oasis, with beautiful gardens, and birds singing.
8. It's eclectic and whimsical (love the outdoor shower, but don't worry, there's also regular indoor bathrooms too).
I will admit, I love whimsical and homey over princess-y, pretentious places, so if you're more the latter this place might not be for you. For ex, we had to share a common bathroom but it was immaculate and at under $100/night in p-town that was still a bargain. I read the prior 1-star review from the guests who, by their own admission, never even stayed here, complaining abt nonsense like "the owner has a 3 night minimum and I wanted to stay 2" or "the owner never replied if there were other Guesthouses who rent for 2 days," ....Sorry kid, not everyone signed up to be your unpaid personal assistant. I guess mommmy never taught you how to be a big boy now. But if you're gonna revenge rate this awesome, friendly spot 1star when you never even stayed here (and you make no secret of that fact) then that says more about you than abt the guesthouse.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaG4650
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I just got back from my 4-night stay at the Moffett House Inn at Provincetown. What a relaxing time my partner and I had. Our room was charming, clean and well appointed. I felt like I stepped back in time with the slanted, exposed-beam ceiling and window and skylight overlooking the garden and Pilgrim Monument respectively.

The manager Craig was fun and easy to talk with, giving us local stories and folklore that only a Townie could know (or was he “Washed Ashore,” no matter). Like talking to a friend, he was also ready with personalized dining, shopping and nightlife recommendations, just as good if not better than from a concierge at a posh resort Every morning he had prepared a continental breakfast with coffee, orange juice, bagels and pastries (often fresh-baked).

The inn also provided free bikes which we used to explore the picturesque bike trails and side streets of the quaint Cape Cod town. The free Wi-Fi, daily maid service (Agnes you rock), use of the kitchen and BBQ and an extensive library of movies on DVD made our stay even more exceptional. But the favorite part of my visit: using the inn’s awesome outdoor shower beneath the maple tree after my morning run, yeah!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms (1 - 4) are quaint and well-appointed. I felt like I was staying at Grandma's house.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed 25 April 2017

It is hard to write about Provincetown accommodations where old houses serve as guest houses and you'll be hard pressed to find 5 star or hotel level accommodations.

That said, this place is a hidden gem and like staying at a relatives house. I chose it for it's price (modest by Provincetown standards), location, and the people.

It's off the main drag tucked between Commercial and Bradford Streets, it is surprisingly quiet considering you are steps from everything.

It is clean though not pristine -- I would say rustic -- and the crew is always ready with a smile and some advice on the happenings in town.

The rooms are small. This is typical in the area. I've been in rooms where I shared and had a private bath. The bathrooms are clean. The water sometimes takes a while to warm but that's to be expected. Probably not a great place to stay for a family as you'll be cramped. That said, it's P-town and usually you're only in the room to crash.

I like that they have bikes you can use, that is an amazing perk in itself.

Overall, I didn't give it a five because I didn't want to have people expect a 5-star hotel experience. It is far from that, but it is old-time, laid-back, Cape Cod accommodations at it's best.

Room Tip: Room 11 used to be a artist loft, has great light but need to climb a ladder to the bed. Room 10 is under room 11's loft bed.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We have just left Provincetown after a delightful one night stay. We booked Moffett House after getting a great deal at very short notice. Russ. Handled the booking and we were able to bring our doggy, Gypsy.

It was a beautiful stay in a spotlessly clean room.

Thank you so much guys!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2016

This cozy little home is about as Cape Cod as it gets - the room was not very big, but the bed was quite comfortable, the shower was hot, and the lullaby of the October winds singing around the outside of our windows was flat-out mesmerizing. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. This place is very laid-back and informal, decorated in local style - artsy seaside kitsch - and the coffee set out in the morning was strong and delicious. A very nice, relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs has a steep staircase - stay downstairs if your knees are bad.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple