All reviewsoutdoor showerfree bikesshared bathroomin towncommercial streetmy partnerrooms are smallprivate bathquiet oasisportuguese bakerymini fridgeother guestsopportunity to meetsummer seasonceiling fana great place to staynational seashore
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

It was a beautiful old house. The manager, Craig, was very friendly. It was a beautiful old house and excellently located. Highly recommend anyone to stay there. They have their own parking and even bikes! Can't go wrong.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I recenty stayed at the Moffett House Inn and it was a pleasure. It is close to Commercial Street (the main drag) but off it enough to be quiet. They offer a bike for free. Book early if you want to get a room with bath, but I had a lovely room and the bathroom was just across the hall. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Delightful, Cozy, Historic, and overall Relaxing Inn along the Cape. Add to it colonial charm but with updated amenities, a welcoming front escape under the trees or night sky with views of Pilgrim Monument, and an onsite manager that is attentive, informative, welcoming, and who seems to know when you need him, and combined the Moffett House is a true pleasure just off the main drag. We had the opportunity to meet and chat with so many interesting travelers and that really just gave us the feel of a European escape. And the location couldn't be more convenient to the ferry, restaurants, bars, shops, and all within 100 feet. One of my favorite amenities was the outdoor shower under the trees which is big enough for two as well (if desired). You won't need to want for much as this B&B has everything you need and more! And if you're into freshly baked pastries and lively morning conversation then you'll be in for a surprise.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and look closely at each description to find the one that's right for you.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Stop your search because this is it! You've found it. Here's why I loved it:
1. Rooms are super clean and tastefully done (yes, they're small, but welcome to p-town)
2. Communal kitchen (so you can cook and get to know other guests)
3. Unpretentious vibe
4. Craig, the host is super friendly and gave us great suggestions on what to do and where to eat
5. Free bikes (really the best way to explore p-town is on bike and this place lends them out for free)
6. Very affordable rates (their rates vary by day of the week and season but we got great value for p-town)
7. Guesthouse is smack downtown, you can't get more central than this unless you slept on the curb ... But bc it's behind other Guesthouses on the inside of the block it feels like a quiet oasis, with beautiful gardens, and birds singing.
8. It's eclectic and whimsical (love the outdoor shower, but don't worry, there's also regular indoor bathrooms too).
I will admit, I love whimsical and homey over princess-y, pretentious places, so if you're more the latter this place might not be for you. For ex, we had to share a common bathroom but it was immaculate and at under $100/night in p-town that was still a bargain. I read the prior 1-star review from the guests who, by their own admission, never even stayed here, complaining abt nonsense like "the owner has a 3 night minimum and I wanted to stay 2" or "the owner never replied if there were other Guesthouses who rent for 2 days," ....Sorry kid, not everyone signed up to be your unpaid personal assistant. I guess mommmy never taught you how to be a big boy now. But if you're gonna revenge rate this awesome, friendly spot 1star when you never even stayed here (and you make no secret of that fact) then that says more about you than abt the guesthouse.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaG4650
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I just got back from my 4-night stay at the Moffett House Inn at Provincetown. What a relaxing time my partner and I had. Our room was charming, clean and well appointed. I felt like I stepped back in time with the slanted, exposed-beam ceiling and window and skylight overlooking the garden and Pilgrim Monument respectively.

The manager Craig was fun and easy to talk with, giving us local stories and folklore that only a Townie could know (or was he “Washed Ashore,” no matter). Like talking to a friend, he was also ready with personalized dining, shopping and nightlife recommendations, just as good if not better than from a concierge at a posh resort Every morning he had prepared a continental breakfast with coffee, orange juice, bagels and pastries (often fresh-baked).

The inn also provided free bikes which we used to explore the picturesque bike trails and side streets of the quaint Cape Cod town. The free Wi-Fi, daily maid service (Agnes you rock), use of the kitchen and BBQ and an extensive library of movies on DVD made our stay even more exceptional. But the favorite part of my visit: using the inn’s awesome outdoor shower beneath the maple tree after my morning run, yeah!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms (1 - 4) are quaint and well-appointed. I felt like I was staying at Grandma's house.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple