“Perfectly situated and recently updated, this guest house is very nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lotus Guest House

Lotus Guest House
Ranked #29 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Greenport, New York
“Perfectly situated and recently updated, this guest house is very nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

We booked this at the last minute, and were very happy. It offers everything you could want, and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northern NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

My partner and I stayed at Lotus for a few days in March 2009. We went off season to get away from real life for a little while and just relax a bit. The Guest House was very nice, and the woman proprietor was extremely welcoming, friendly and informative - plus she had a great Irish accent! The best part is that we were basically left alone by the staff, who checked in about once a day. Our room was very nice and roomy with a comfortable bed, large screen TV and a gas fireplace. Our room had a nice balcony that overlooked Commercial Street. We would definitely stay here again, and might try to do so during the season. The only issues about that is that I could see it being potentially noisy, since the room is right over the main drag, which would not be great when you're trying to sleep. Also, our room never got very dark at night; a lot of ambient light which probably had a lot to do with the shades on the windows...but that was not a huge issue. Finally, they had a great off season deal that drew us therein the first place; 4 days for about $200! Great value for our money; would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Plymouth,MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

I use to own a Guest House so I am pretty particular about where I stay, and I have to say, the Lotus House passed all my criteria, it's Clean, Comfortable, Efficient, Centrally Located, and has great amenities!

I loved my room, fireplace, flat screen tv (gotta have a tv when I travel) and overall comfort. It had a great bathroom too.

Jeff and Gurli Lovinger (the owners) and Rich (Houseman) could not have been more attentive and informative. Did I mention Friendly! The'yre great.

Jeff and Gurli are also artists/photogaphers and the Lotus House features a lot of Great Photography. A must see is their gallery, The Lovinger Gallery on Commercial Street. Great images!

I had a great cup of coffee and a dynamite Blueberry Muffin to start my day. A few tips from Rich about what to do and I was on my way.

If you're going to Provincetown then do yourself a favor and give the Lotus House a try, I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I. "I'm going to be a regular!"

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank Shoreroad
Reading, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

The B&B is located smack bang in middle of the Provincetown and really convenient for restaurants, bars, shops etc. November - when we stayed - is off-season, so quite quiet. Not sure if it gets 'too' noisy during the peak season.

The renovation is successful. We stayed in a room with 2 beds and it still didn't feel too cramped. Tastefully decorated, the room enjoyed a fireplace, aircon, microwave, sink, fridge, and a nice roomy bathroom. The manager was a really helpful guy and forthcoming with suggestions on what to do and where to go.

Would recommend.

• Liked — High quality of the rooms
  • Disliked — Lack of a communal area where you can chill out outside of your room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends