“Wonderful desserts”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Purple Feather is a true Mom & Pop place. All of our chocolate confections are hand made in our own kitchens. We also make all our own gelato, desserts and fudge. Our Hot chocolate and Mocha Lattes are considered the best by many of our guests. We use only "George Howell" coffee & espresso, and "Mem" loose leaf teas Purple Feather now serves Breakfast till noon and the rest of our food menu till 8 PM. Try our Lobster Roll or Baked Mac & Cheese. We also serve panini, sandwiches & salads for very reasonable price. Our baked mac & cheese is an old family recipe. We now have a full bar! Try our Mermaids Orgasm before dinner or a new gelato cocktail after.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I truly loved the desserts here and the ladies that were working the day we were there were very nice. They let us sample different desserts before we finally settled on the ones we wanted. I would have given them an excellent except for the price. Even with that said, at least go in and take a look around. A chocolate lovers dream!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Roasted Hazelnut Gelato on a freshly homemade waffle cone (made right in front of you) was to die for. I cannot wait to be back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stopped here for a cup of coffee one afternoon and sat on the patio outside. It was a cool day of 55 degrees but the sun was warm. I sat for almost an hour with no pressure from the staff to leave. The sell pastries and I think sandwiches but I only had coffee.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had lunch recently here. Ugh. Never again. Lobster mac for 15 dollars? It was dry n bland. My partner couldnt eat it. I forced it down at that price. Lobster rough n chewy like overcooked steak. And the clam chowder was watery and not cooked-potatoes in chowder shouldn't crunch. By the time lunch was over I didnt even want to check out the pretty desserts. Its a shame cuz I was really looking forward to checking this place out.

Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Bellafin
I am sorry you did not like Purple Feather
It is always our aim and intention to satisfy all of our customers when ever possible. We work very hard to provide quality homemade products at a fair price.
In fact we responded to customer comments regarding our baked lobster mac & cheese last year by increasing the amount of lobster we use by 50%. Unfortunately this change did require us to increase the price to $14.99, but after doing a comparison study up and down Cape Cod and Provincetown, we feel this is a very competitive price. I can honestly say that nearly all, you being the exception, of our customers are very satisfied with our new baked lobster mac & cheese.
Our soups and chowders are made from scratch and we do not typically add as much thickening agents and fillers as many restaurants in an effort to minimize the gluten content as possible. We understand that this may not meet with everyone's approval all the time.
I hope you do return to Purple Feather sometime in the future and try some of our hand made chocolates, desserts or gelato. I am sure you will find something here to like
Wishing you a sweet day

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Went on opening day 3/15/2014 - ordered 3 different chocolates that the group shared. Very tasty. Service on the other hand was terrible. We were ignored at the counter and not acknowledged or thanked when we left. Hopefully service improves for the summer and tourists.

Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I am very sorry you had a difficult experience when you visited our Cafe on 03/15/14.
As you noted it was our first day back from vacation and it was only my wife and I to handle the cafe operation. In addition we were much busier than we had anticipated which kept us both running all day.
Having said that, it is a poor excuse to your having had a bad experience with us and for that I apologize. I hope you will come back again and try us again some time, please let me know you are here. I will treat you to one of our hand made truffles to try to make it up to you
Peter Okun - Owner / Manager