“Great Gelato”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Purple Feather is a true Mom & Pop place. All of our chocolate confections are hand made in our own kitchens. We also make all our own gelato, desserts and fudge. Our Hot chocolate and Mocha Lattes are considered the best by many of our guests. We use only "George Howell" coffee & espresso, and "Mem" loose leaf teas Purple Feather now serves Breakfast till noon and the rest of our food menu till 8 PM. Try our Lobster Roll or Baked Mac & Cheese. We also serve panini, sandwiches & salads for very reasonable price. Our baked mac & cheese is an old family recipe. We now have a full bar! Try our Mermaids Orgasm before dinner or a new gelato cocktail after.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I went here twice in the span of a couple of days in Provincetown. Each time, I treated myself to the gelato. It is delicious. They give samples, so feel free to ask before you choose your flavor or flavors. The desserts and candies look delicious. Next time, I'll try some of those.

Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thanks for your review
For next time may I recommend the Black Forest Cake, served with a side of our Cherry gelato, of course.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

fabulous tasty desserts and chocolate specialties, all made on premises; homemade gelatos; great sandwiches; even a bar with specialty mixed drinks by Peter, the owner. All items are homemade by 4 pastry chefs working in back

I look forward to seeing again real soon. Maybe I can get you to try a 'Frozen Cherry" using Gray Goose Cherry Noir and our Amarena Cherry gelato!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We travel to Provincetown 4 times per year ,usually when the summer crowds and buses haven't arrived.
It's a given when we arrive ,a trip for ice cream at the Purple Feather will be part of the program.
Simply put ,there is no better ice cream any where. We are in our 60's from the 60's so our evaluation is time tested.
All the ice cream is homemade and outrageously good.
My wife loves the Sorbet and says there is none better.
I love the rest. The chocolate varieties they have are why ice cream was invented.
I have tried all the flavors and I can say all are in the same boat , great!...rich ,smooth ,colorful[yes colorful] and sure to please.
P-town offers so much in terms of culture, diversity ,culinary excellence and the very best ice cream on the planet.
If you don't go to the Purple Feather for ice cream then you will be short changing a truly great ice cream experience.

Thanks so much for your kind words and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Remember we are open year round, so if you feel like going for a drive in December for some great Hot Chocolate or lunch come on out.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pin always a bit suspicious of places that have staff outside with menus trying to persuade people to come in but we were hungry and everywhere else was full. One very expensive and greasy toasted sandwich later we know know why they have to stand outside. Will not be returning.

Dear Marina
I too am very disappointed when ever some one finds fault with our cafe. I am sorry that last July you had a sub par experience here.
It has been difficult for me to formulate a response since you were commenting on my Cafe from an experience nearly a year ago. In a cafe such as ours both staff and menu change dramatically from year to year.
I can tell you that we like many restaurants in Provincetown often have staff out front showing our menu so that passers by can see it and know what we serve. As for your sandwich being "greasy", all of our sandwiches are toasted on a panini grill. We use a very light spray of Pam (vegetable oil) to prevent the sandwiches from sticking to the grill otherwise they are usually dry to the touch. I do not know which sandwich you ordered but our 3 cheese panini is the only one that can be a bit messy as a result of all the cheese inside.
I am also sorry you found our prices to be high. We feel that, for a sit down cafe in Provincetown, our prices are very competitive.
In any event thank you for your criticism and we will hopefully use them to better our selves in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had their home made gelato and fresh cone! Loved it so much we came back to have dinner. Food atmosphere and staff are all great.