“Rest your weary sea legs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Crew's Quarters

Crew's Quarters
Ranked #42 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
New York
“Rest your weary sea legs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

After researching accommodations in Provincetown for Sept 4th-6th my friends recommended I stay with them at the Brass Key one of the nicest hotels in ptown. Realizing I would be very active and harly spending any time in the room I decided on Crew's Quarters. It turned out the be the best decision. The location is excellent, price point is reasonable and the common spaces allow for more interaction and casual conversation. The rooms are all clean and the shared baths have been recently updated with new tile and counter tops. I would highly recommend this property and look forward to seeing Thomas and the rest of the crew very soon!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nsalem

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Normally I do not rate hotels I stay at, but they really deserve it!
I stayed here in July '13 for 4 days with a friend of mine and had a really great time!
I can only fully recommend Crew's Quarters to anyone who is planning to visit Provincetown.

LOCATION:
The location couldn't be any better, you are right in the middle of everything, only 1-2 minutes away from all the bars/clubs with lots of nice restaurants around you. If you rent a bike or take a taxi, you are also only a few minutes away from the beaches.

ROOM:
We had booked the spacious Twin Room which also had a fridge, a very convenient closet and a chest of drawers. So we had enough space to store all our clothes and suitcases. We even had a very nice view on Commercial Street from our room.
I also had a look at some of the other rooms, and they also looked very neat and tidy and comfortable.

BATHROOM:
Just across from our room was one of the three shared bathrooms. The bathroom was really huge and as well as our room absolutely clean. In fact much cleaner and cozier than in a lot of hotels I have stayed so far.

STUFF:
Thomas and Eric were very nice and friendly, and definitely made you feel at home and welcome.

So in total I fully recommend Crew's Quarters to anyone and I am happy that I picked it out of the various hotels and B&Bs you find in PTown.
The only thing I regret is that I did not stay longer :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gernot_Posh
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Those who regularly summer in Provincetown are aware of the notoriety of the property's previous incarnation. Under new ownership and management, it has undergone quite the transformation. Today, Crew's Quarters (CQ) is a guesthouse adorned by details comfortably modern and, as the name suggests, alluding to a rustic bunk for strapping scullers and coxswains (pun shamelessly intended). True, there are far better appointed accommodations to be had in town, but CQ's cozy, inexpensive charms embody a more authentic Cape Cod experience. Ably overseen by a friendly and competent staff, CQ fosters a convivial and easy-going atmosphere and provides an ideal setting for a raucous or relaxing vacation stay in this once-upon-a-time Portuguese fishing village turned art colony turned summer destination.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe P
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had a great stay at Crew's Quarters last week. My room was spotlessly clean, as were the shared bathrooms. My bed was comfortable and location was spot-on perfect. But above all of this, was the staff, who were without exception, kind and considerate, wanting to make my stay at Crew's Quarters and in Ptwon, one I would never forget. It is with pleasure I give five stars to Crew's Quarters. I only wish I could give six!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for anything you might need. The staff is more than eager to accommodate...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank spotontruth
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

This has to be one of my favorite places to stay in Ptown. After having staying at may Inns in Ptown over the last 20 years, Crews Quarters does an amazing job! The rooms are a great size, bathrooms are clean and the outside porch is fantastic! Rather than walk up and down commercial st, I find it much more intimate to sit out on the porch with a cocktail and meet/talk with other guests. Your host, Thomas and his team (Eric, Dane and Daniel) are absolutely amazing and make you feel right at home. If you havent stayed here before, I highly recomend it!

Cheers guys! Keep up the great work and I'll see you next month!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tmatthews76
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

What a great place, staff amazing and friendly. helpful caring, funny did i mention helpful.

After losing my accommodation at a previous place i managed to get five nights here. It was just soo lovely.

The staff had time for all the residents adn guests adn would take time out to check you were having a nice time. I got tea made for me and the staff were always on hand day and night to answer questions or advise where to go and what to do.

one of the guys even let me borrow their bike so i could go to the beach.

I am telling you i would love to come here and visit again next year.

Thanks Thomas and Patrick, you really made my stay.

Room Tip: Depends on your budget, but the staff are on hand to advise you.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank johnetroberts
Somerset NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

The rooms are tiny but the shared baths are sparkling clean. The biggest problem is the owners run this place like a frat house, not a business. When I checked in the owner handed me the key pointed me to the room and did not offer to carry my bag. When I asked about fun things to do, the owner said "there's lots to do in town". There were some tourist brochures but they were inaccessible behind the bar. The coffee and water for tea in the morning is tepid, not hot. By the second day I discovered most of the guests were friends of the owners. The owners make no effort to treat you as a guest, they are too busy hanging with their friends. When I asked for directions to the beach the owner said. "if you go up the hill I think there is a bus.". I asked for a beach towel the owner said "there might be some around.". Bottom line if you know PTown and just want a bed to sleep in, this place is cheap and clean. If you expect to be accommodated in anyway do not stay here. One employee is very nice, Patrick tries to help guests and answer questions.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the house are noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank broadwaybrian
CQowner, Owner at Crew's Quarters, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
We do appreciate your feedback and regret the few things that fell short of your expectations.

Even though it’s our first season, we have had many repeat customers. It’s true that our new guests tend to be younger, friendly and ‘fraternal.’ The house’s setup with shared baths and smaller rooms supports that feel as well.

After looking into your post here, it’s also true that the guests you spoke of are both repeat patrons with us as well as personal friends of the staff. Generally speaking, that is not true. There was no intent to leave you feeling excluded or treated differently.

We try to assist our guests that aren’t familiar with Provincetown’s ways as best we can. Sometimes things like directions to the beach can’t be more specific than we were with you, it’s just how it is here in Ptown.

We wish we’d known your coffee wasn’t sufficiently hot, we’d have been happy to warm it more for you but are glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary beach towel, water and tote bag provided to you for your beach trip. Also, the bar is accessible by everyone guest and staff alike who regularly gather round to catch up on the day’s events.

We would be happy to have you stay with us again. Please reach out to Thomas when you’d like to visit with us again.