“Oh my god, clean, comfortable, friendly, safe place!”
Review of Crew's Quarters

Crew's Quarters
Ranked #42 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Oh my god, clean, comfortable, friendly, safe place!”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I heard stories about the ranch, but none of them were true.
When we checked in, we were greeted by the manager, Mark and the ranch hands, Biscuit & Bagel. They gave us a drink while we checked in. We were then led to our room and found the room to be clean and cozy.
The whole house was very warm and friendly. All the guests treated us as family. We had the best time.
We booked for Halloween and new years already.
You should give the Ranch a try, you will be calling it home also.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank capetravelor

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Stamford CT
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My experience here was good, and I think it has to do with expectations.

The location: 5 out of 5, cant beat it. In the middle of everything
Cleanliness 3 out of 5 not bad, this is no white glove place, however, but instead a modest and comfortable mens Band B. I have traveled the world, and though this place is modest, it is no horrror show. I found my room tidy.
Rooms: 3 out of 5. Yes they are small, the tv is old, but clean and practical. Also, bear in mind, on holiday I look for a comfortable place to sleep but spend most of my day out.
Service : 5 out of 5. The staff and other guests are friendly and inclusive. This stay can be as communal, drinks on the patio, etc or as private as you wish. Continental breakfast and coffee most hospitable.
Value: I would say 6 out of 5...if possible. Heres why. Stroll up the street and its easy to spend $350+ per night...I was happy to pay a third of that here
Sleep quality; perfectly fine. This reminds me of one of those 1950's youth hostel places in Europe where the owners runit and its like living at someones house. Put a gay spin on it and you get the picture.
I have read some of the reviews and am surprised by the negativity...I can only think that the reviwers are unaccustomed to rates in summer resort areas and needed to be taken over the coals by a higher end place. I dont. Tsk, tsk, boys...I found this unfair and rude. I will gladly stay again. Perhaps you are french...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank RogerButler
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I have no problem with the sleaze factor at the Ranch but $160 a night for hot, stuffy, uncomfortable room invested with bed bugs! Stay away. I came back with bites all over and now have to purchase new luggage

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Braunn
Berlin
Reviewed 3 February 2010

The hotel is dirty, it smells very bad, the rooms are extremely small. The staff was friendly and the location very good but I don´t like to stay here again, never !!

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — All !!!
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank arkkoo
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 September 2008

The Ranch is The Ranch, plain and simple. I've been staying here for well over 5 years. It has its drawbacks and it has a lot more postives than negatives. The difference between here and other places: you have fun, people talk to you and you make friends. What goes on in other bed and breakfasts in Ptown is exactly what happens at The Ranch, only people talk about it!

It is bare bones accomodations and they are up front about it. The comment about the "menu" then ask to have your name taken off that is all. The board is really an introduction to others in the house and an ice breaker to talk to people. It is a lot more open and honest than other places I've stayed (i.e. Brass Key, Christopher's By The Bay, and others).

The guys here talk to each other, they go out together. If you don't have an open mind, don't stay.

The manager this year, Mark, is terrific, fun, professional and goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome. If you are really lucky you'll be there when Fancy FaBreeze appears. All I can say is you gotta see her to believe it! She is a hoot and a lot of fun and gets a whole group together to go to tea dance or dinner.

Me, I'll stay at The Ranch anytime.

• Liked — Right on the main street and social
  • Disliked — no cable television
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Paul R
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Any description of the Ranch can not begin to explain how horrible this place is. Even if you are just looking for a raunchy place to stay in Ptown, this place is a dump. The "rooms" are nothing more than a tired, old, worn out bed with little else. The bathrooms are across the hall and are absolutely horrible.

After looking at the Ranch website, my partner and I made the decision to stay knowing that it wasnt the normal Ptown B and B. When we arrived however, I was shocked to see our names on the "menu" of guest. We were told that if you wanted action to leave your door open and were given an update on the upstairs clothing optional procedures as well as the sling info for the basement.

Ptown has many, many options to lodging. This should not be on your list.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple