“Provincetown at its finest”

Christopher's by the Bay
Ranked #27 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“Provincetown at its finest”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was my second visit to Christopher's and it was every bit as wonderful as the first, two years ago. Hosts Dave and Jim are consistently kind, good-natured and generous. Each went out of his way to make my stay very enjoyable. The location is ideal, close enough to the center of town to be convenient but far enough away that the neighborhood is always quiet. The spread at breakfast is delightful, with a nice variety of healthy treats.
I stayed in the Rembrandt Room on the main floor, which is every bit as comfortable and luxurious as any big-city 5-star hotel. It's spacious, it has all the amenities a visitor would want, the private bathroom isn't cramped and there's plenty of storage space.
I recommend Christopher's-by-the-Bay to any traveller looking for the authentic Provincetown experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BrockC514

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York, NY
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was recommended by a townie to stay at this B&B. I knew it would be good because my friend wouldn't steer me wrong, but I was amazed at how wonderful it was. Dave & Jim - the owners - were so generous, thoughtful and considerate. The place has so much character and has been restored and decorated beautfully. And the food, so good -- miss the bacon/egg cup thingy. Damn! I will definitely return, soon.

I really loved this place. A++++

Room Tip: I had the Rubens - perfect size for one or two. Big private bath, with dorm fridge, across the hall...
Green Features: They seemed super conscious of it and I saw signs in many places advising of the impact of my choices for using their resources. Gentle reminders - class acts.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at Christopher's by the Bay. We were made to feel very welcome by the hosts and staff and felt at home from day one. The guest house itself is beautifully furnished, clean and perfectly situated in a quiet location just off Commercial Street - very close to the action but equally set in peaceful surroundings. Everyone we met at Christopher's - staff and fellow guests - were all friendly and nice to talk to. The back garden being a great place to sit for breakfast on a morning or with a bottle of wine in the evening...or afternoon in our case! We'd definitely stay here on a return visit to P-town.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skiingarchie
Reviewed 18 August 2013

There's a reason why Christopher's is the only place we stay in P-Town if we have the choice! We've been coming down and staying there for over a decade now, in all 4 seasons. Dave and Jim are just the best, warm and friendly to everyone (my partner and I were the only gay ones out of our party of 11 this year).

• Stayed August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have stayed at Christopher's by the Bay many times over the past five years. It's always clean and nicely decorated, the prices are right and the location cannot be beat (you walk out the front door, look right, and you can see Commercial Street--only half a block away-- and the Atlantic Ocean beyond that). The things that sets this B&B apart, however, are the proprietors, Dave and Jim. They are extremely hospitable and friendly men. They put on a fabulous breakfast every morning (which you can enjoy in their beautiful garden) and are happy to make recommendations for things to do and see in P-Town and the surrounding area. They make your stay so comfortable. Everytime I stay there with friends, we encounter other guests that have been returning to Christopher's by the Bay for years, so Dave and Jim are clearly doing something right! I highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a place to stay in Provincetown.

Room Tip: Be aware that all five rooms on the third floor share a bathroom. If you don't mind that, these...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Had a great stay at this little gem in Provincetown. The room was comfortable and the morning breakfast was great. I looked forward to that great cup of coffee everyday. David and Jim were the perfect hosts and made me and my friends feel right at home. We're definitely coming back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EddieC64
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have stayed a number of times at Christopher's, in various rooms, and every time has been a great experience. This historic guesthouse is close to the center of town and just a few steps from the harbor, shops and galleries. Owners Jim and Dave are extraordinarily friendly and went way out of their way to make all of our stays great. Rooms with private or shared bath are very comfortable and perfect for resting after being out and about on the town. The guys provide you with a nice breakfast- also comfy living rooms and sunny backyard space to hang out. Highly recommended after staying in other attitude-y ptown hotels and guesthouse.

• Stayed June 2013