“My girlfriend and I enjoyed it”

Surfside Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Boston, Massachusetts
“My girlfriend and I enjoyed it”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We went for 3 days during the off-season just to relax, and it was very quiet at the hotel. We got a waterfront view, first floor, and the view was amazing, especially our first day (and sadly, the only day that there was fair weather during our stay). The room was spacious and comfortable. It was also pretty clean. One thing that annoyed me was the rickety tub we had, which creaked really loudly as if it were going to crack every time I moved around in the shower; however, it didn't detract at all from the experience.

For someone who's a city person, this hotel is totally different from the modernized ones in metro areas. It's a nice getaway from fast-paced, tech-dependent life.

Some cons were: it wasn't the absolute cleanest of hotels I'd ever stayed at (there were old, dried up coffee grounds in our machine and the sheets had pen markings on them), but it was still very clean. Perhaps it was because it was off-season and slow, but the staff weren't too interactive, and they seemed fairly indifferent to us.

Regardless, I'd still recommend this place to others for its view and value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
We thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. If at all possible if you could email or call us with your room number so that we may address the tub issue, I was not aware of this and would like to fix the problem. I will certainly speak to my housekeeping staff about the problem you addressed and make sure this does not happen again.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be a guest again. Please call me direct if you are making a reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have been meaning to write an excellent review about our stay at surfside inn, my wife and I really loved it. The rooms were nice and spacious and the views were beautiful and to top it off the service was outstanding. I just want to express my gratitude for your wonderful help and for our wonderful experience there. We got married at your private beach and you all made it beautiful as we imagined no problems at all which was a blessing.
Thank you and we look forward to return again.
-Jasmin and Melissa

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Thank you for choosing the Surfside Hotel and Suites for your special day and letting us be part of it. We look forward to having you with us for your first of many anniversaries.
Arundel, Maine
Reviewed 22 April 2011

WE stayed 3 nights, checking in the afternoon of the 18th and checkout on the 21st. We were oceanside on the 3rd floor. The weather was crummy but we needed some R&R so no complaints. The room was clean and neat. THe heater/air conditioner was very noisy so we only used it intermittently. The drape/curtain that covered the sliding glass door had at least a dozen large moth holes in it and I did let the desk know on checkout and they were going to change it. The bath towels in our room must have been thru the laundry a hundred times and they were small. The rubber gasket in the sliding glass door needed to be reinstalled as about 3 ft of the glass was not installed and the wind blew into the room. The hinges on the bathroom door were really rusty and needed to be painted. The walls must be thin as noises from other rooms could be clearly heard. All that being said, the staff were 1st rate. Maria, our cleaning person was very helpful. and lastly, what I listed were not complaints, only observations of what was needed to make a stay at Surfside a really great experience. I give it a 4 out of 5 for the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lrp81
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2011
We thank you for your comments, just opening for the season and we are going through each room to address any issues, thank you for bringing these to our attention and rest assured they will be addressed. We have happy that you enjoyed your stay, our staff works very hard to make everyone welcomed and comfortable. We hope that you will visit us again.
pittsfield ma
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We usually camp on the Cape, but all camps were closed due to a hurricane that never happened. We stayed at the Surfside with our two labs because they were pet friendly. The front desk people were nice, they had a great free breakfast, the middle of P-Town was a 7 minute beautiful walk, and our bed was very comfortable. We would definetly stay again, it was hard to set up a tent for the next night!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our employees enjoy reading the many comments from our guests as they work very hard to make everyone's stay with us an enjoyable and comfortable. We'll see you in 2011.
Albany,NY
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We travel to P-Town every October for women's week and always stay at the Surfside.
The hotel location is at the first part of Commerical street and it is a comfortable walk to town. The hotel rooms are in the process of being updated, I hope the beds and the carpets are replaced.
Pets are welcome and there is a free continental breakfast each morning.
The owners want you to be happy. Elaine and her husband are there and care about the guests. I would recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 October 2010
Thank you for your comments, we are always happy to hear our guests have returned for another stay at the Surfside and are again pleased. We look forward to seeing you again next year for Women's Week.
Carmel, California
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago, and had a great experience, now it has really gone downhill, it needs major cleaning and renovating. The room was stale and dirty, there were stains on the chairs and carpet, the front desk person was rude and dismissive, I felt unwelcome and uncomfortable, the front desk seemed uninterested in my needs or concerns, simple things like cups for the coffe maker in the room were absent and when I asked the front desk person he seemed like it was a major problem for him to stop smoking outside the hotel to help me with my request, the water in the bath seems like it has a very high clorine content, and my skin felt very dry after my shower, several of the items in the room were in need of repair, I was saddened to see such a downhill path the hotels has taken, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank femalenomadtraveler
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
Thank you for bring this action regarding my desk clerk to my attention and I will address this immediately. Our carpets were just replaced this season in our waterfront building and our rooms courtside were just remodled two years ago. There are plans to remodel our waterfront rooms very soon. As for the town water I'm not sure what the problem was during your stay with us, we have never had a complaint about the water in Provincetown. I will call the town and address this concern with them, perhaps there was a problem where that had to treat the water at that time, however, I have not heard of any problems.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2010

This is a tough review to write because I haven't stayed anywhere else in P-town before, but, based on this stay, I would rate this place as average. What I liked: pet friendly, free parking, refrigerator in room, comfortable beds, clean linens, free HBO/movie channels on tv. What I didn't like: some mold in shower, so I wore my shower shoes, carpeted floors (not sure why hotels have carpeted floors), little too far from town (15 minute walk), too expensive for what it was. This was a comfortable place to stay, but I think we paid about $230/night, which is ridiculous. Maybe you pay more to have a pool? Next time, I would look for a less expensive apartment or B&B closer to the center of town. I'm choosing to not recommend this to a friend because I just think there's probably a much better choice out there when spending this kind of money. But if the pros I listed above are all you're looking for and the cost doesn't bother you, then this isn't a bad option.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chouette062
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
I want to thank you for your review of the Surfside Hotel and Suites. I will certainly look into the bathroom problem and address this with my housekeepers so they may keep on top of this problem. Although we are located 15 minutes from town, many of our guests enjoy the quite time at the hotel by the pool or on our private beach. In the evening they enjoy the nightlife Provincetown has to offer. Pedi Cabs and taxis are usually their choice of transportation when returning to the hotel late at night, also the Flex Bus does run until 2:00AM so there are many options for returning to the hotel from town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#14 of 15 in Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Surfside Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!