“Eh”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
MA
“Eh”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Rez was made last-minute, best we could do. Expensive for what you get. Rooms ok, property a touch run down. Great location--a pleasant walk to the action and busy enough but quiet. Perfect mix. We had some issues with our stay; front-desk staff seemed a little put out with helping us but the GM was terrific in getting them resolved.

Lat-minute in July in P'town. I think you get what you get. In the end they did right by me--that means something.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank PepperC
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry to hear the front desk was not helpful, sometimes when we have seasonal help they are not as familiar as we would like them to be with issues, I was happy to step and resolve your issue, as I always try to do. We are still training our part time help to make them familiar with the town and the property so that they will be helpful to future guests. There are plans at the end of the season to update our waterfront rooms, the rooms on the courtside were updated just two years ago and are beautiful. I hope that if you are in the area next season you will stop by to see our new updates to the waterfront rooms.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The hotel met all of my needs. Surfside had a great pool and offered breakfast each morning of my stay. The hotel was clean and responsive to any request I and my friends had on our stay. I also, left my car key and a credit card in my room which I didn't discover until I was home. The hotel mailed both to me at no cost to myself. They were terrific and I wil consider staingy there again when I travel to Provincetown.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I will post your comments for my staff to review, they are always happy to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. It was our pleasure to return your items to you. We hope to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Surfside Hotel in P'Town provided us with a warm, friendly and extremely comfortable stay. Did you hire all the wonderful guests too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess they to know the best when they find it.
I'm a comin' back

Room Tip: Serta pillow top mattresses need I say more
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments, we do have the best guests and employees. Our employees take pride in their work, we will be sure to post your comment for them. Year after year guests return to the Surfside and we are so happy to have such loyal guests who also make our new guests welcomed.
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Great place to stay in Ptown. Large beach, pool,and bar. Bring your dog and hang out. Very pet friendly place with a dog shower by the beach. Plenty of parking and a place to store your bike for rides through town or the dune trails a mile away. Breakfast every morning and a nice restaurant right next door giving a 10% discount for hotel guests. Quiet at night for good sleeping and relaxation. Ptown exciting night life, caberet shows, and galleries very close by.

Room Tip: Go for beachfront, great breezes off the water.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
We will pass this review on to our employees they love to hear their hard work has paid off and our guests were happy. We look forward to having you with us again. Thank you for your review.
Toronto
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We very much enjoyed our time at the Surfside Hotel. Clean, comfortable and perfectly located.
I recommend spending a bit more for the oceanfront rooms; the easy access to the beach was perfect for the kids.
The large parking lot behind the hotel is invaluable, as driving and parking in Provincetown can be a real challenge. The walk to McMillan Pier takes about 20 minutes, but we enjoyed the lovely gardens and interesting galleries along the way every time.
We just had a few quibbles ( the 'deluxe' breakfast is in fact very basic and limited, wireless internet is expensive and very slow, and the staff could stand to smile a bit more) but would definitely stay here again and recommend it to just about anyone.

Room Tip: splurge on the oceanfront room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
We thank you for your review. You will be happy to hear that we have upgraded our wireless and increased the speed. You can connect to the wireless free of charge in our lobby/loung and courtyard. I will post this review for our employees and hope that the next time you see them they will have their smiles on. We look forward to seeing again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My partner and I stayed for bear week, the hotel was very nice but didnt really stand out in any way. The pool was great, the staff friendly and helpful, the bed was super comfortable, the rooms cleaned daily and the AC worked well. You could access free Wi Fi in the lobby (and in your room if you were close enough)
The breakfast was minimal (typical of any continental breakfast), and the walls were a bit thin (you could hear the rooms being cleaned next door) but they are the only criticisims I have.
TIP. hire a bike for your stay as it is a bit of a walk up Commercial Street from the centre of town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
We thank you for your review. Remember we do have discounts available for that bike rental should you return to ptown. It was great having the Ptown Bears staying here, we look forward to seeing you all again for Spooky Bear Weekend and hopefully Bear Week next year.
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Staff was great. Room was comfortable. Great view! Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#14 of 15 in Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Surfside Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!