“FABULOUS!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Provincetown
New Haven, Connecticut
“FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We traveled with our 2 boys, ages 11 & 12, and we all had a wonderful time. The sea view rooms are right on the beach and they had plenty of loungers and chairs to use on the beach. There is a fire pit in front of the hotel lobby and we had pizza delivered there on our second night and we got to meet to nice people and enjoy the evening. We did not find it too loud and there was a wedding taking place right on the beach in front of our room. Overall, it was a truly enjoyable experience and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are worth the extra money!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MaryWestRock
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and services. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that we met with you needs and expectations. We hope to see you again in the future. Our fire pit has been a hit with everyone, what a great place to make new friends. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Dover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Hotel overall was great. Clean Rooms, Good Atmosphere, and the location was fantastic. A short walk from downtown Provincetown where great shops, food, and theatre awaits. We had a room right on the ocean. The view was fantastic, and we shared a back porch with everyone on the floor (probably about 12 Rooms or so). The service was great, always answered our questions and knew where all the good restaurants and landmarks are. The beach was not crowded at all, and they had beach chairs all set up for us once we got down there. The breakfast in the morning was the worst part of the hotel. They had Bagels and Waffles, as well as scrambled eggs and sausages (which weren't that good). We went on a whale watch one day which was fantastic. Our boat was surrounded by whales and they were swimming right up to the boat.--Highly recommend spending one day to go on a whale watch (lasts about 4 Hours or so). The shops were nice (but expensive as well as the restaurants). The trip probably wouldn't have been as enjoyable if our room was facing the parking lot or street. Lots of dogs, as the hotel is Dog-Friendly.

Room Tip: Get an Ocean View Room
1 Thank Christopher D
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm going to look into the breakfast problem as most guests enjoy our many choices at breakfast. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.
Woonsocket
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in Provincetown for the weekend and chose the Surfside because it was oceanfront as well as slightly away from the hustle, bustle and noise of Commercial Street in downtown Provincetown. It was an excellent choice. We brought our bikes and the mile into town was quick and easy. The rooms had A/C, a shared balcony overlooking the ocean with lovely seating, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker! We enjoyed the free breakfast one of the mornings we stayed and there is a good selection of food (hash browns, scrambles eggs - yes they are powdered, so they were just so-so, freshly made waffles from do-it-yourself irons, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bread items, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juices, milk, fruit). The pool is VERY nice and they have a lovely outdoor gas fire pit with all sorts of seating around it. We stayed in the rear building which sits ON the beach. I would HIGHLY recommend staying in this building. The other building was NOT oceanfront really and while the hotel is nice, I would not choose to stay there in the pool-side building. The manager was right on top of things. When a group of rowdy, young adults were making noise outside at 3am on the Saturday night of our stay, she was out there within 30 seconds of my phone call dealing with the issue. Hotel is pet-friendly, as is ALL of Provincetown!!! Staff was very nice and very welcoming. Free parking for one vehicle.

Room Tip: Oceanfront building on the beach only!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I want to thank you for your review, I appreciate your letting others know how much you enjoyed our hotel and service. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Canmore, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I didn't mind this hotel but it was quite the walk from the action of P'Town- normally I'm not bothered by this but dragging luggage along the rough main road that distance in the July heat wasn't ideal- a cab would have been a wiser option had we realized ahead of time. We had a room on an upper floor overlooking the beach which was absolutely wonderful. We could sleep with the patio door open and listen to the sigh of the waves coming in all night. The room itself was quite basic and drab, but being on the beach made up for this. It is an older hotel but the price reflected this. It has a nice pool and margaritas delivered to you on deck if you want. Fairly decent continental breakfast (with warm options available) which was a nice little addition and included in the hotel price. Would be a nice family location.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the beach!!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we are 3/4 of a mile from the center of town, many of our guests enjoy this for the quite we offer them after being in the hustle and bustle in the center of town. Many of our guests also choose to rent bicycles during their stay so that they can go to the center of town as well as our National Park bicycle routes.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Elaine & her staff could not have been more accommodating! I was traveling with my 4 year old granddaughter & 5 month old grandson...Elaine saw that we got a room close to the pool, which my granddaughter loved! I cannot say enough about this place! The room was extremely clean & well appointed with a small microwave & refrigerator, which was nice traveling with two small children. The pool was great..just renovated this season & heated! The ocean was just steps across the street! They offered a complimentary breakfast each morning with a nice variety of hot & cold items….Beyond the beautiful room & pool…the staff went above & beyond to accommodate us! From the front desk to housekeeping, all had a warm & friendly smile…even a fire in the evening, where you could unwind and mingle with other guests!! Definitely the spot to be while visiting P-town..only 10-15 minute walk to the center. Elaine was great in recommending a tour of the Pilgrim Monument, the highlight of my granddaughter's stay! We will be back!!

Room Tip: When available…the ocean front rooms are great! You literally step off your deck to the ocean!
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review we appreciate your wonderful review and I will certainly pass this on to our staff they will be pleased that your expectations were met during your stay. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great location and perfect place to relax after riding our bikes from Boston. The staff were terrific and made us feel right at home after two long days of riding. Drinks on the patio around the fire pit in the evening was a great way to end the day. Beautiful ocean views from the room. If you are in Provincetown this is the place to stay.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we appreciate your letting other know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next season during the MS ride.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at Surfside Hotel & Suites in Provincetown on July 4-6 2014 and was very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel was clean, reasonably priced, the staff very friendly and accommodating and it is conveniently located on Commercial Street. They also have a large parking lot behind the hotel which was very convenient. I think they normally have a 3 night minimum stay but allowed me to book 2 nights and they also allowed me to check in earlier than their posted time (I don't think my room was ready but they sent someone to clean it when I arrived). Best of all, I forgot some items when I left and didn't realize it for a couple of days. I've had this happen at other hotels and called within an hour or two after checking out only to be told "no, we didn't see your item in the room". I emailed Elaine Quigley two days after leaving and received a response within a couple of hours telling me they found my items and will be mailing them to me. The hotel offers several amenities that I didn't have time to enjoy like a pool, light breakfast, coffee (coffee maker in the rooms also) and a bar.
I will definitely stay here again and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Commercial street have a small view of the beach and good sunlight.
Green Features: This hotel provided an option for declining towels and linens if they are not needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your taking the time to let others know you enjoyed the hotel as well as the service. We try hard to accommodate early check ins when possible. Our lost and found is kept for 60 days so we were happy to return the items to you.
I hope that we will see you again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Cape Colony Inn
Cape Colony Inn
#2 of 14 in Provincetown

Been to Surfside Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!