“AWESOME Place to stay!”
Review of The Chicago House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
The Chicago House
Ranked #48 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“AWESOME Place to stay!”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I just loved my stay at the Chicago House. Chris and Dennis were delightful hosts. The house is just charming. The rooms were exceptionally clean and proved to be a very relaxing and fun filled stay. Just a short walk to Commercial Street and the beach. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had made a reservation to stay here for 2 nights during my Bear week vacation. I was told they provided parking as well as air condition. When I arrived I discovered they had to move their vehicle so I could park, afterwhich my car was blocked in. I was then informed I would have to "find" them if I needed to get the car out....when I asked Chris about getting my car out in the evenings he informed me I could not. "We go to bed at 9" he barked. "If this is a problem let me know now". I figured I could deal with this so I said no problem..he then said "ok just as long as we understand each other". After I checked in he pointed to my room at the top of the stairs and said "it's that room..there is a fan I would put it on"...not only was I not shown to my room, I was now informed there was no a/c. After checking out the room which was dirty and hot, I deceided I could not stay here. I went to look for Chris but found Dennis instead, I informed him I could not stay. I will say Dennis was nice and helpful..I feel for him having to deal with Chris, who is a rude and nasty and has no business running an inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank boxofjones1031
dezul, Owner at The Chicago House, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Unfortunately, we are not able to meet everyone's needs. Shortly after his check in, this gentleman decided that The Chicago House was not the place for him. It was our greatest pleasure to give him a full refund and have him go on his way. Hopefully he found suitable accommodation elsewhere.

Dennis Scales-Sullivan
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Highly recommended!!!! HAd a great time and i will return!! beds super comfy and very great location for where we needed to be. staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I recently stayed at the Chicago House in Provincetown and I loved it. Chris and Dennis are what makes the Chicago House so wonderful. They are super friendly and nice. I love the fact that they had two dogs and two birds. The Chicago House is a place where you can feel comfortable and it feels like home. They have a very comfortable living room with television, sofas and a fireplace. The breakfast is one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had. The location is ideal - close to everything. The Chicago House is also a great value. It might not be the fanciest place but it was just right for a weekend away. I would definitely be back again at the Chicago House for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Was a wonderful place to get away. My bed was so comfortable i did not want to get up in the morning. wonderful hosts and guests.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank besav
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Chicago House. The Inn-keepers 2 dogs are friendly and adorable. The rooms and bathrooms are kept neat and clean and the continental breakfast is very nice. This guest house is truly a bargain and I will stay here on my next trip to P-town.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank VAbear41
Cortland, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I have stayed in Chicago House since my first visit to Provincetown in the late 1990s when it was run by different owners and again when it was a second owner. I was always happy and went into my bookmarks to find the info and book a room for Memorial Day weekend 2010. I stayed 4 nights and I was again happy. There is so much nature and activity in Provincetown that I need a low-cost room for simply a place to sleep. I think you can read between the lines in the negative review of the Chicago House that these people somehow thought they had booked a $250 per night room in the Marriot. There are uneven plank floors, yes, but that is part of being in a 200 year old home! There are no safety hazards. Tripping needs to be in a review? Come on, watch where you are going! Chris immediately answered my calls when I was booking and was chatty and full of information for me. The biggest help is the available bicycles. On the phone I asked where I could keep my bike locked up and Chris said to not even bother dragging it on the 7 hour drive from NY; he has 4 there I can surely use. I was all over the bike paths along the ocean and the dunes and around town at night- perfect! There is a comfortable large side porch with people-watching possibilities, as well as a small back porch overlooking the parking lot, including a fridge and a hot tub. Chris welcomed me to finish up the 5 or so bottles of beer left by one of the last guests. I helped myself to silverware and plates from the kitchen and ate on the back porch. There is a large supermarket nearby if you need to avoid the expensive restaurants in P'town. Very different from the b and b I often use in Toronto is the fact that Chris and Dennis live right there in the home and are available all the time to help you. As a guy travelling alone, it was also nice to have conversation at breakfast and having coffee or a drink on the porch.Yes, there are animals in the house, but my room upstairs had *NO* odour of a dog or cat. Downstairs they keep two tropical birds in large cages, but they are quiet at night and have regular beddy-by hours in the hosts' bedroom. I also suffer from allergies to dogs and cats but had no problems in the home. The dog also has his "quiet time" and is in his cage in their office off the living room for an afternoon nap. If you were to have a problem with the dog's presence, I am sure Chris and Dennis would work something out during your stay; they are very easy-going and aim to please. When I stay there I always take either of the two smaller rooms upstairs which don't have an attached bath. On arrival my small room had been given to a different guest and i had a larger more comfortable room with attached bathroom for no extra cost. Who would have a problem with that?! I read the hosts' response to the bad review and would like to comment on its accuracy. My shower stall, for example, was quite old and had been painted on the inside. Yet, not being the prettiest shower stall I have ever seen, it was cleaned every day and perfectly in order for a nice clean shower. Fresh coffee, yoghurts, bananas and other fruits, muffins, cereals....the breakfast offered has something for everyone. I was using the wifi in my room, on the porch, and in the living room- no problems.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo