“Central, Comfortable, Friendly, Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chicago House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
The Chicago House
Ranked #46 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Central, Comfortable, Friendly, Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I am a very frequent visitor to Provincetown and always stay at the Chicago House. It's a simple, old, cozy guesthouse with a small number of rooms and a nice central common area that makes it easy to meet other guests, share experiences and of course use Chris and Dennis as a resource for information. Chris and Dennis are friendly, kind and more than accommodating, but remember, this is their home as well. They both live there along with their pets and I consider myself a guest in their home. This is not a Hilton (thankfully), and is not nearly as high-end and costly as other accommodations in Provincetown (again, thankfully). If you are looking for that kind of experience, this is probably not the house for you. The repeat guests that I have met over the years are like me, they're looking for a no-frills, clean, friendly, and central place to stay, and they return over and over again, because it's meets or exceeds our expectations. My thanks to Chris and Dennis for always making me feel at home.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Chicago house for a getaway with friends. Chris and Dennis were fabulous and so helpful. It's close to town and everything you need is convenient. They gave us suggestions for dinner as well as great directions to the best beaches ever. The rooms were cozy and comfortable. This was a great choice for a few days away with friends and we'll definitely be back!. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I just returned from a week stay at the Chicago House in Provincetown MA. If anyone is planning a trip to Provincetown you have to check this place out.
It is centrally located near the center of town but in a very quiet and peaceful location.
The acommodations are very nice and the prices for the rooms are very affordable, especially for Provincetown which can get expensive during the summer season.
Chris and Dennis, the owners, are very friendly and do everything possible to make your very comfortable and memorable.
The breakfast that they put out every morning is very good and you have the choice of two porches to relax on and a hot tub to unwind in.
When it was time to check out I booked my next week's vacation there.
I highly recommend the Chicago House.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I just loved my stay at the Chicago House. Chris and Dennis were delightful hosts. The house is just charming. The rooms were exceptionally clean and proved to be a very relaxing and fun filled stay. Just a short walk to Commercial Street and the beach. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had made a reservation to stay here for 2 nights during my Bear week vacation. I was told they provided parking as well as air condition. When I arrived I discovered they had to move their vehicle so I could park, afterwhich my car was blocked in. I was then informed I would have to "find" them if I needed to get the car out....when I asked Chris about getting my car out in the evenings he informed me I could not. "We go to bed at 9" he barked. "If this is a problem let me know now". I figured I could deal with this so I said no problem..he then said "ok just as long as we understand each other". After I checked in he pointed to my room at the top of the stairs and said "it's that room..there is a fan I would put it on"...not only was I not shown to my room, I was now informed there was no a/c. After checking out the room which was dirty and hot, I deceided I could not stay here. I went to look for Chris but found Dennis instead, I informed him I could not stay. I will say Dennis was nice and helpful..I feel for him having to deal with Chris, who is a rude and nasty and has no business running an inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank boxofjones1031
dezul, Owner at The Chicago House, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Unfortunately, we are not able to meet everyone's needs. Shortly after his check in, this gentleman decided that The Chicago House was not the place for him. It was our greatest pleasure to give him a full refund and have him go on his way. Hopefully he found suitable accommodation elsewhere.

Dennis Scales-Sullivan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Highly recommended!!!! HAd a great time and i will return!! beds super comfy and very great location for where we needed to be. staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I recently stayed at the Chicago House in Provincetown and I loved it. Chris and Dennis are what makes the Chicago House so wonderful. They are super friendly and nice. I love the fact that they had two dogs and two birds. The Chicago House is a place where you can feel comfortable and it feels like home. They have a very comfortable living room with television, sofas and a fireplace. The breakfast is one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had. The location is ideal - close to everything. The Chicago House is also a great value. It might not be the fanciest place but it was just right for a weekend away. I would definitely be back again at the Chicago House for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo