“Fit for a King or Queen or BOTH!”
Review of The Chicago House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
The Chicago House
Ranked #49 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed over the weekend at Chicago House and from start to finish it was awesome!

I traveled with one other couple and we had a freaking blast. Chris and Dennis were super flexible with letting us check-in a little early. While Chris took care of our paperwork Dennis gave us the tour. Plenty of bedrooms and space where you wouldn't be bumping into other guests if you didn't want to. I've stayed in Inn's before where you couldn't help but see other guests this place has it set up where that doesn't happen.

Hot tub in the back, that offers privacy - a fridge for storage - a delicious light breakfast in the morning that has a great mix of healthy options, muffins, cereals, juices, and other drinks.

The Chicago House is literally a 2 minute walk to the center of town - only ONE block away is Big Vin's Liquors and a pharmacy.

Wave Bar, A House are a THREE minute from Chicago House which offers a very safe way of getting back to The Inn. There are plenty of taxi cabs if needed, or Pedi cabs. There are so many awesome shops - the HRC Store, Melt (awesome face, feet products and amazing soaps and lotions) there are a ton of art galleries, clothing, and jewelry stores. The pier which docks from Boston to PTown is literally four minutes away walking distance. There is a lot that is large enough to accommodate all guests’ cars of the Inn.
If you are looking for shows there is a great placed called Post Office Cabaret that has a ton of shows that appeal to many different tastes.

If you are looking for a great place to stay at a great price with great Innkeepers book The Chicago House – I’ll be booking soon for next year!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJackkand

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I am a very frequent visitor to Provincetown and always stay at the Chicago House. It's a simple, old, cozy guesthouse with a small number of rooms and a nice central common area that makes it easy to meet other guests, share experiences and of course use Chris and Dennis as a resource for information. Chris and Dennis are friendly, kind and more than accommodating, but remember, this is their home as well. They both live there along with their pets and I consider myself a guest in their home. This is not a Hilton (thankfully), and is not nearly as high-end and costly as other accommodations in Provincetown (again, thankfully). If you are looking for that kind of experience, this is probably not the house for you. The repeat guests that I have met over the years are like me, they're looking for a no-frills, clean, friendly, and central place to stay, and they return over and over again, because it's meets or exceeds our expectations. My thanks to Chris and Dennis for always making me feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Chicago house for a getaway with friends. Chris and Dennis were fabulous and so helpful. It's close to town and everything you need is convenient. They gave us suggestions for dinner as well as great directions to the best beaches ever. The rooms were cozy and comfortable. This was a great choice for a few days away with friends and we'll definitely be back!. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I just returned from a week stay at the Chicago House in Provincetown MA. If anyone is planning a trip to Provincetown you have to check this place out.
It is centrally located near the center of town but in a very quiet and peaceful location.
The acommodations are very nice and the prices for the rooms are very affordable, especially for Provincetown which can get expensive during the summer season.
Chris and Dennis, the owners, are very friendly and do everything possible to make your very comfortable and memorable.
The breakfast that they put out every morning is very good and you have the choice of two porches to relax on and a hot tub to unwind in.
When it was time to check out I booked my next week's vacation there.
I highly recommend the Chicago House.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I just loved my stay at the Chicago House. Chris and Dennis were delightful hosts. The house is just charming. The rooms were exceptionally clean and proved to be a very relaxing and fun filled stay. Just a short walk to Commercial Street and the beach. I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had made a reservation to stay here for 2 nights during my Bear week vacation. I was told they provided parking as well as air condition. When I arrived I discovered they had to move their vehicle so I could park, afterwhich my car was blocked in. I was then informed I would have to "find" them if I needed to get the car out....when I asked Chris about getting my car out in the evenings he informed me I could not. "We go to bed at 9" he barked. "If this is a problem let me know now". I figured I could deal with this so I said no problem..he then said "ok just as long as we understand each other". After I checked in he pointed to my room at the top of the stairs and said "it's that room..there is a fan I would put it on"...not only was I not shown to my room, I was now informed there was no a/c. After checking out the room which was dirty and hot, I deceided I could not stay here. I went to look for Chris but found Dennis instead, I informed him I could not stay. I will say Dennis was nice and helpful..I feel for him having to deal with Chris, who is a rude and nasty and has no business running an inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank boxofjones1031
dezul, Owner at The Chicago House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

Unfortunately, we are not able to meet everyone's needs. Shortly after his check in, this gentleman decided that The Chicago House was not the place for him. It was our greatest pleasure to give him a full refund and have him go on his way. Hopefully he found suitable accommodation elsewhere.

Dennis Scales-Sullivan

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Highly recommended!!!! HAd a great time and i will return!! beds super comfy and very great location for where we needed to be. staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple