“Relaxing break”

Benchmark Inn
Ranked #5 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at the benchmark inn for 2 nights, giving us ready access to everything Provincetown has to offer, and that's a lot. The Benchmark is really well set up, with wonderful compact rooms full of light and airy, and every room has an outside space for sitting or eating, accessible from each room. Don, our 'winter' manager, was really helpful, and gave us great tips on stuff that puzzled us Aussies. The breakfast is simple but fantastic, with fresh berries, yoghurt and really yummy muesli (just what we needed) it was a welcome change from the usual fatty American fare. We visited at the end of the season, but there was still lots to do in and around Provincetown. We especially liked the national park, being able to walk and ride bikes and experience some of the north American nature.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my first time staying in P-Town. My wife and I spent the past 3 days at the Benchmark Inn. Our stay was comfortable and pleasant. We missed the hosts, as they were not in town during our stay, but Don was friendly, and the inn is kept immaculate. Breakfast out on the porch was nice. The location was very convenient for strolling to dinner, shopping, and the wharf. It was a little bit disappointing that the hosts were not in town. We enjoy B&B lodging mostly because of the personal interaction of most innkeepers with their guests. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We couldn't have asked for more. My husband and I stayed at the Benchmark Inn for 2 nights in September. The room had everything you could want. Lighting was exceptional (funny thing to comment on, but there were lights everywhere you might need one). Breakfast was excellent. Dan and Daniel were such great hosts. One example of their thoughtfulness was when my husband came back from a morning jog in the rain, they met him with a towel. We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights at the Benchmark at the beginning of September. We have been enchanted by the place. I don't want to repeat everything that has already been said in other reviews, but everything is true: the place is spotless, bed so comfy, healthy europeen breakfast, nice ambiance (even their selection of background music is great: classic, jazz, lounge), etc. I have never been fond of B&B as there is always something bothering me, but this one has everything I am looking for when travelling. It shows that the owners have what we call the «practical common sense». They also radiate «Class» and good taste. I have not had the opportunity to meet Dan, but Daniel is such a lovely person, well informed, interesting, educated. I wish them the best in their enterprise for many years to come, as they deserve it.

Room Tip: We had room #1, first floor. We feared it would be noisy, but to my surprise it was absolutely quie...
1  Thank 981HeleneNa
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Excellent hosts, yummy breakfast, rooms were perfect. Area was pretty quiet (I'm sensitive to noise). I believe we stayed in a smaller room, as that was what was left, but it still managed to have a whirlpool tub, fireplace, mini fridge etc. Location was great for walking around. Their parking lot was full (I believe there are 5 spots and 7 rooms?), but they do offer to reimburse you in the lot down the street, if this is the case. My husband accidentally prepaid for 2 nights instead of 1 in the public lot, and we offered to then split the cost with our hosts, but they reimbursed us for both nights. It was a pleasant surprise and really left us with a good feeling about our stay. We would stay there again. I'm not sure a B&B could get much better.

1  Thank Tracy J
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Benchmark in Sept 2013 for the first time. I think the thing that stands out for me are the hosts. They are not just "on site" - they are present in every sense to make their customer's stay enjoyable and memorable. They bring a kindness and personality to the experience that's rare in this type of B&B/Inn/Guesthouse. As a result, the atmosphere is lovely and welcoming.
The value of Benchmark Inn is truly exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

A small, perfectly fitted out and well run B & B in P'town. Quiet convenient East End location not far from center. We encountered a convivial mix of gay and straight couples staying at the inn. The ambiance is civilized and considerate and reflects the personality and professional skill of the "innkeeper" Daniel. (Dan, the other innkeeper, was back in Switzerland when we were there.)

How nice to have a European breakfast that is not a parody version of the real thing.

Really the best B & B experience we have had.

Larry E and Paul H

Room Tip: We had a small room upstairs in which everything we needed was well organized for the space. This su...