“Overall great value”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Voluntown, Connecticut
“Overall great value”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Having stayed at many places in P-town over the years, I would have to say the Bradford Motel is my favorite. Although not perfect, the location, price and owner (Patricia) makes this a great place to stay. Very convenient to Commercial St without the noise and hassle of actually being on it. P-town is expensive anywhere you stay and the rates here are the best I've found. You have a choice of the motel, which is basic but serves its purpose or the main house, which is more upscale. I've read a few reviews on here criticizing Pat, the owner. From my perspective as a business owner myself, I think she is fantastic. She even sent me a Christmas card last year. :o)

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at the Bradford initially for 2 nights and loved ot so we stayed an extra night. We drove along and just saw it had vacancies. After enquiring we were shown a lovely wood paneled cabin effect room. The room was lovely, the usual basics TV Fridge, and a new bathroom suite. It was very clean and clearly the whole motel is cared for by the owners. The price was around $100 a night we felt good value. The couple who run this place are simply delightful and nothing is to much trouble. We used a little short cut between the rooms to access commercial street, the min road for all the shops and restaurants 2 minutes walk away.
They also have a beautiful house which is tastefully fitted out with period decor and high quality decor more money but well worth it.
The Bradford delivered slightly above it's Motel tag and I would thoroughly recommend it for lovely rooms great owners and easy access to all the main attractions

Room Tip: Always a good idea to get a room at the end there are two blocks so if it's busy only neighbours...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The nosy owner/proprietor sits on her porch all day and watches over the comings and going of the guests, I found it kinda creepy.
The main house has some historic charm, but the carriage house has bland decor and rooms are cramped (yet they charge more for it?)
The balcony doesn't have much of a view, it just overlooks the parking lot in the center of the property.
Soap dispensers in bathroom were empty.
No breakfast.
Very disappointing, not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Odysseus67
Stoneham ma
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at the Bradford during memorial day weekend. First glance it appeared to be a good accomodation for the money. Room was tidy, bed semi comfy. Room did smell musty but it is Provincetown it happens. The motel is a little dated and for $800+ I expected at least to be given shampoo. I arrived seperate from my roomate and the woman greated me was very nice and allowed me to park in the lot overnight. I was thankful as I didnt want to have to move my car late night to another lot. I called on Saturday to ask her when I needed to leave it and left my cell number. She never returned my call. I saw her numerous times during my stay and she never mentioned anything. It was to my surprise when she was extremely rude upon check out stating that I owed money for leaving my car. In addition, she mentioned we had people coming and going from the room. I had 2 friends stop by the entire weekend. I would say for location to Commercial street this property is an B+, room a C+ and customer service a huge F!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank freckles1257
New York, NY
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We've been going to the Bradford House and Motel for years, and owner Pat continues to give excellent value for money. There's a main house, and a motel section, and we've stayed in the motel section. A rustic, pine paneled room, with excellent king size bed, nice comforter and sheets, TV, ceiling fan, air conditioner, and small but clean bathroom with shower/tub combination. The location is the thing here, right in the center of town, but on calmer Bradford Street, just one block from busy Commercial Street. Compared to the ultra expensive options, this offers a comfortable, bare minimum at a great price. Our overnight stay was just $105. Pat keeps the place up by adding new curtains and bedding, as well as good bed and pillows. The motel section is preferred by us as you can come and go as you please without the social pressure you feel at a guest house. Pat is the real McCoy and gives you what is true New England hospitality. It's not for luxury, but just
good value. Much recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dmkinnnyc
Florida
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Room was extremely comfortable and beautifully appointed. The entire property was immaculately maintained. The location was perfect, allowing for a quiet and peaceful residence but only one block away from all the excitement of Provincetown. Pat was a joy, very accommodating and informative. VERY pleased in every way.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ken654321
Cairo, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Excellent place to stay. Very convenient location. Far enough away from the nightlife to be quite and relaxing but only a short walk to the center of everything. Take the path leading out the back way and you are only steps away from Commercial St. Wonderful views from the upper sun deck. Bike shop directly across the street and a fitness center a half a block away. There is hot coffee and homemade goodies every morning to help get the day started. The grounds are impeccably clean and well kept. Patricia (owner) is there to answer any questions you might have about the area and to make helpful recommendations.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple