“My home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shiremax Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Shiremax Inn
Ranked #38 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been staying at the ShireMax Inn for six years now and have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. The host Dennis and owner Bob both provide a welcoming and relaxing place to stay. Perfectly located in between the beachs and the center of Town, it is a short walking distance to where ever you want to go. Every morning a fine continental breakfast is prepared for the guests in the lovely kitchen. Enjoying your breakfast on the inviting side porch is a wonderful way to start your day. Dennis goes the extra mile every day to provide his guests with fresh towels and quickly making your bed. It is always enjoyable to sit on the front porch with friends and other guests, who are also annual regulars. If you are looking for an enjoyable and relaxing place to stay in Provincetown, I strongly recommend The Shire Max Inn.

Room Tip: All of the rooms offer a wonderful guest experience.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went to Ptown for the PMC. We booked last minute at ShireMax, 5 Tremont Street in Ptown. It was a real find! It's a cozy inn with clean, comfortable guest rooms. The host, Dennis, is delightful, helpful, and very welcoming. They advertise as "home away from home" and it is! Perfect location, two blocks from Commercial Street. Near restaurants, night life, and great for just strolling. We definitely will be back. And they serve a very good continental breakfast, too. You won't find a better deal. It was so good we hate to share it! The Thompsons

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gare T
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been vacationing in Provincetown annually for the past 8 years. I was fortunate enough to come across this little gem at the recommendation from some friends and have been staying here for the past 6 years. It is nestled in the West End past all the main businesses, but still close to the attractions of center of town and close enough for a hike to Herring Cove beach. The people that stay at the inn are very friendly, most of whom are annual regulars. There are a front porch and side porch lazily whisking the day away for doing a crossword puzzle, having a drink, and people watching (especially around that 4:00 time as they head to and from Tea Dance). The inn has a rustic and homely feel to it, so if you're looking for room out of "House and Garden", head to the pricier inns. The inn has ample parking for its guests and very pet friendly. It is great for the budget traveler like me who would prefer to spend more time out of my room exploring the town and hanging with friends. Finally, as someone who works customer service on a daily basis, I know exceptional service when I experience and duly note it. Dennis, the inn manager, is very friendly and runs a tight ship: every morning he has the continental breakfast set up, makes sure your bed is immediately made and provides clean towels while you dine. He has been spot on in suggesting activities to do and restaurant options. You never feel like you're being rushed out at check-out time and you leave with a feeling that you want to come back. So, if you're a budget minded, laid back traveler that enjoys great service, I highly suggest this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoeyD96
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just returned from vacation in Provincetown and stayed at the Shire Max Inn for 7 nights and 8 days and all I can say is...what a great spot!The Shire Max is in an ideal location, whether you want to have a crazy night out at the bars and clubs or a quiet day of reading and relaxing on one of the porches. It is also close to the beaches and other attractions. If you ever have the opportunity to meet Bob, the owner, you will be delighted. As the Shire Max is an older house, I believe it was built mid 1800's, Bob was happy to share the history of the home and the surrounds. I also enjoyed talking with him regarding the gardens on the property, which by the way, draw butterflies and hummingbirds. Dennis, the manager, always makes sure that everything is just so during your visit. I always had a wonderful breakfast and clean towels, Dennis also made some excellent suggestions for places for lunch and dinner. I also used the grill on the side of the house a couple of times to make food for lunch purchased from the Stop N Shop a short distance away and ate on the side porch on a sunny day. Nice feature if you don't want to go out for lunch. Other guests are nice, say good morning and hello to you and are friendly to chat with.

Room Tip: The rooms at the Inn at all different--the rooms downstairs have their own bathrooms, whereas the ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Just visited Provincetown for the first time ans stayed at the Shiremax Inn. What a great trip, and the stay at the Shiremax only made it better. Nice rooms, very quiet, even though it was located close to the action. Hotel manager Dennis was very nice and attentive, made the stay very comfortable. I will definatly be back to stay here, and I would recommend the Shiremax to eveyone I know.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed at Shiremax for several days and had a great experience. The location is close to everything, yet quiet and private. The rooms are very comfortable and the Inn has plenty of outdoor space for relaxing,, eating, reading or watching people pass by. Dennis, the Inn Manager is very personable, friendly, and accommodating. He made me feel like I had been there many times, though it was my first. Guests are friendly and it's easy to make new friends here. I definitely recommend to anyone and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We could not have asked for a better weekend to start off the summer! Denise and Bob were the sweetest hosts and made our stay perfect! The Inn was in a great location and is very well kept. We took our 3 month old puppy with us and Denise put us in a room in the front for easy access to outside. Breakfast was avaliable in the morning and we enjoyed this on the patio bright and early. Denise gave us great recommendations for beaches, dining and shopping. Honestly I cannot wait to come back and hope to do so before the end of the summer!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple