“Friendly!”

Ranked #26 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Friendly!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Bob, Dan and Brody provide a comfortable and welcoming environment in which to relax. Breakfast is hardly Continental as Bob serves the most delectable entrees this side of Manhattan. Complimentary wines are provided to jump start your evening activities. The staff is also friendly and efficient. I'm never disappointed with my stay and am anxiously awaiting my return to the Somerset House Inn!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Eric S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
HARTFORD
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have a summer place in Ptown so enjoy this lovely Inn as a home away from home in "off season" -- when the weather cools down, Somerset House -- open all year -- is warm and cozy. Always have a super comfortable stay, quite and peaceful, excellent home-made breakfasts prepared with care, spacious eating area with garden view, variety of room choices (internet photos would be very helpful for new visitors), diverse and international clientele, and the host/owners are kind, generous and most attentive. Always grateful for Somerset House!

Room Tip: For return guests, it's fun to try the different rooms as each has a special touch (not a collec...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ptowngal06
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Love staying here every time we go to PTown. Nice comfy rooms, some with view of water, some with gas fireplaces. Fridge supplied with water and Coke. Friendly hosts, good breakfasts. Right in the middle of town with parking. Who could ask for anything more?

Room Tip: The one first floor room - not sure of its number - is gigantic, though the bathroom is small. Numbe...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trufflecat
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We arrived in Ptown on a Friday afternoon and checked into our room. We were shown to our room by a gentleman at the counter, up a flight of carpeted steep steps, down very brightly colored hallways, around a few corners finally to our small room. We knew it was going to be tight but that was fine. Our bathroom was separate from the room, which was also fine except there was a lack of house keeping in the bathroom. The previous guests hair and other "unmentionables" in the toilet which immediately turned me off. We finally met Bob that evening and he was nice enough. I had forgotten my key in the morning when I went across the street for coffee and had to knock on the patio window at 730(not overly early) and he let me in and said he was glad I didn't cause the dog to bark and stir other guests. I felt bad.
The breakfasts were good. We had an egg sandwich one morning and it was amazing. The second morning we had the PB&J french toast, which was also good. I appreciated the attention to detail on breakfast being that I am a chef.
There were a few things that were great, like the free soda and water in the refrigerator. The movie rentals were also nice in the evening. The bed was comfortable enough. The place seemed clean, but tattered. The location was pretty much perfect though, right in the middle of the busy strip with plenty of places to eat, shop and play.

I am not sure I would recommend this place or stay again. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, so it was okay. Honestly, had the bathroom been clean when we checked in it may have changed my perspective on the whole stay. That is kind of a big detail to overlook.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
SHI, Owner at Somerset House Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
I want to first apologize to our guest if her stay was less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves on having a very clean house so her comments about the bathroom are very disconcerting. I researched when the last guest was in that room and noticed the room had been vacant for nearly 4 weeks prior to her arrival which leads me to believe that any "unmentionables" were most likely sediment. If at the time the guest would have brought the matter to my attention she would have seen how very quickly I would have rectified the situation.

When I saw the guest standing at the patio door with two cups of coffee I immediately went to see if I could help her. I joked with her about our dog, but apparently it was too early for my sense of humor. I apologize if my attempt at humor was taken the wrong way.

When the guests checked out I thanked them for their stay and told them I had hoped they had enjoyed their stay to which they replied yes. I hope in the future if any of our guests have a problem that they immediately bring it to my attention. We strive to make everyone's stay perfect and if anything is less than perfect we will do everything within our power to correct it.

Respectfully,

Bob Klytta
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed at the Somerset House in April. I loved this place from the beginning, Bob was so friendly and helpful. I was in room 4 which I loved. It had a fireplace, views of the water, a mini fridge with complimentary water and soda and the green glass tiles in the bathroom were beautiful. Breakfasts (cooked by Bob) were a highlight with blueberry pancakes one day and a stuffed French toast the other day. The location is perfect, right on Commercial St, you can walk to everything. If you want a clean comfortable place to stay with wonderful hosts in a perfect location the Somerset House is your place ! We're coming back again in the fall.

Room Tip: Loved room 4, but they all looked great.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Terry B
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My partner and I have stayed here five times and have always had a great experience. We have not stayed anywhere else in Provincetown since our first stay at Somerset. We usually stay in October during Womens Week, but our most recent stay was Easter Weekend 2012. As usual, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The hosts, Bob and Dan are always very friendly and make you feel right at home. Breakfast and Happy Hour are always something to look forward to and the location is great, right on Commercial Street. We always leave here looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TLa33
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Each year my partner and I take a weekend to get away from the house and children and celebrate us. For the last 2 years (and more to come) we have stayed at Somerset House Inn. It is a relaxing, welcoming, and fantastically located B&B. Rooms are clean, unique, and quiet. Anything we needed, Dan and Bob had for us. We look forward to a return in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple