“A true gem”

Ranked #31 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“A true gem”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Beautiful space in great location with hospitable hosts who can offer you vast DVD collection while making you an amazing made-from-scratch breakfast. What's not to love? My friend and I booked a room here after an AirBNB reservation fell through and would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Having stayed here for 9 years in a row, I can say that it is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and Bob is an awesome cook. The breakfasts are always yummy. The house is in a great location and we look forward to coming every summer. We always meet nice people from all over the world here. Looking forward to year number 10!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I've been visiting P-town for over 20 years and I've found my home away from home at The Somerset House Inn. I love the vibe of this house. I visit a couple of times a year and really enjoy meeting fellow travelers over breakfast and at the nightly happy hour. The common area is comfortable for relaxing and watching the world parade by from the deck or patio is a highlight. I love the location of the Somerset. It's close enough to everything without being in the middle of town. With Ptown Scoops ice cream and Wired Puppy across the street, what else do you need? The staff is super attentive and owner/chef Bob makes everyone feel like you're visiting family. The breakfasts are amazing, from the signature Bobuffins to Blueberry pancakes, the Somerset breakfast can't be beat!

Room Tip: I've stayed in many rooms and all have been great but I'm partial to Room 2. I like the larg...
2 Thank ChiMotoman
chicago, IL
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My partner and I have been visiting P-town for many years and have stayed in many B&B's. The Somerset House Inn is at the top of the list! We have stayed in several of their rooms and they are all clean, modern, nicely appointed and with high-end l'occitane bath products. Our host, Bob, is extremely personable and a little sassy which we loved. His breakfasts are sumptuous feasts compared to other B&B's in town. Lots of selection and always hot and fresh. The late afternoon cocktail hour is, I believe, unique to Somerset House and is a terrific way to mingle with other guests and compare notes on our vacations. Location is fantastic, on the busy east end, close to restaurants and shops, but not too close to the noisier late night clubs. As soon as we leave Somerset House, we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There are a range of rooms from budget-friendly to more expensive but all come with the Somerset tou...
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Three years in a row for bear week at this great place to rest my weary body. What a great place, location, very comfortable bed with great hosts. I will be back in 2014. If you are looking for a place to stay in Provincetown I highly recommend The Somerset House Inn with two of the best hosts you will ever have.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hawkeyefan721
East Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Another fabulous stay at my favorite place in Provincetown.

Yes, it's a little expensive to stay here, but it's well worth the money in my opinion. Besides, any decent guest house in Provincetown is going to be pricey during high-season. I've stayed at several other places in town... the cheaper places were horrible and the more expensive ones had nice rooms, but you don't get the same level of service.

Bob and the rest of the staff are fantastic. The rooms are always clean, they provide a fantastic breakfast every morning and happy hour every evening. I just love the vibe here; laid-back, cozy, comfortable. They are also far enough away from the nightlife craziness, if you enjoy peace & quiet, but close enough if you want to participate in the craziness.

Can't wait to see you guys again. Hopefully sometime this fall or during Holly Folly.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a great value, but the bathroom is across the hall, not in the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank johnnym911
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of July.
At $345/night it was really pricey. The breakfasts were copious and very good. The room was spacious with view of harbour. Bob created some delicious offerings every morning and was quite helpful with any information request we had. And the location was great. However, given the price of the room, Somerset fell short of our expectations especially in regards to maintenance and upkeep: spotty room cleaning (sand remained on carpet), towel racks easily came off the wall, peeling paint could be found on toilet seat and bathtub, blinds in the bathroom were rusty and garden on the front porch somewhat looked a bit neglected. Although we did enjoy our stay at the Somerset, we would probably try another place for our next visit to Ptown.

1 Thank Ottawaguys8