“A great place to de-stress.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Somerset House Inn
Ranked #24 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Portland, Michigan, USA
“A great place to de-stress.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I highly recommend the Somerset Inn as a place to unwind and enjoy life. My brother Dan and Bob are great hosts; the food is great, the venue is outstanding. Our family went there for a Christmas get away several years ago and loved the restaurants, stores, and wonderful hospitality.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dhoort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Westbrook, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Somerset house again this past weekend. This was our second time staying here and it again did not disappoint. Last year we stayed in room 5 which is our favorite room. This year we stayed in room 11 due to being on a little tighter budget. The room was very nice facing the p town monument. You cant ask for a better host then Bob. He is beyond friendly and is helpful in anything you may need, not to mention his breakfast is AWESOME and is a great way to start your day. My wife and I say every time when we leave that when visiting P town we wont stay anywhere else. See you again soon!!

Room Tip: Room 5 is my favorite but you really cant go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Queens NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

After committing to each other for 35 years, my partner, Mark and I got married in NYC on 10/9/13, on our "35th anniversary" and wanted to do something special for our "marriage". We booked the Somerset House Inn for 3 nights. Neither of us had ever been to Provincetown. When we arrived, Bob, our gracious host showed us to our room. Our room was #8 on the ground floor with a king sized bed, sunroom, and TV in both the sunroom and the bedroom. The room was GORGEOUS and the refrigerator was stocked with complementary soda and water. During my stay I met the new Golden puppy who Bob called Bud but who another staff member introduced to me as "Bijou". "B" was friendly but a little shy. As for the Inn.... Location, Location, Location! Somerset House is on the corner of Pearl Street and Commercial Ave, near the border between the Central and East sections of P- Town. Our room was spacious with an extremely comfortable King Coil King Sized Mattress. Bob was a first rate host making an incredible hot breakfast item to accompany the other breakfast choices each morning. We were too busy to enjoy the afternoon happy hour on the deck between 5 and 6. However, I can't imagine us having a better time anywhere else. The only issue was the bathroom door that had "settled" and didn't close fully. We mentioned it to "Bob" upon leaving and we are sure he will correct the issue in the upcoming months. We loved Provincetown and loved Somerset House Inn. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Room Tip: Speak with "Bob" the inkeeper about your particular needs
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bubsywub
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Bob and Dan, the owner of Somerset House in, run a great place! The staff are very welcoming and professional, the location cannot be better! I stay there for a week the last two summer and already have my reservation for 2014 summer! I was so well surprise in how good the breakfast is!! They taken a good care of their guests!! I should know! I work in an hotel in Manhattan, NYC!!!

Room Tip: I stayed at room #11, very quiet a cozy!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I've stayed at Somerset House Inn countless times, and each time I do, I'm reminded why I return. The innkeepers, Bob & Dan, are friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic, and the house itself is welcoming. Breakfast is truly outstanding, and I know I will always start the day with some great coffee, fresh fruit and some wonderful, home-made tasty treat that has been made that day. In fact, the blueberry pancakes are made upon request - with plump, fresh, juicy blueberries!

Come & stay here. Come back. Find a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We managed to get a room even though we could only spend Saturday night. The owners were friendly, our room had everything (stocked mini fridge, TV with DVD player, gas fireplace, AC and ceiling fan) and the breakfast was better than expected (I was expecting baked goods and coffee - we had a wonderful baked egg dish and irresistible coffee cake, and there was also fruit, cereal and yogurt). The public spaces were friendly and welcoming, the decor was cheerful and relaxing. We were glad to be right across from the Wired Puppy, and the rest of town, but in a quieter area. Thanks to Somerset House and to the reviewers who sent me there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine1953
dmordini
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I come to the Somerset House every year. It's always been a wonderful time. Tasty breakfast, accommodating owners and almost invisible house staff. This is on the quieter side of town and it's never really that loud at night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends