“Fantastic stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Like so many others have said before me, this is a special place to stay...... spectacular views, extremely comfortable rooms, great staff..... they know how to do it right. What I guess I enjoyed most is the ability to be close to everything, yet at the same time feel removed from all of the crowds- sitting on my balcony just gazing out at the expansive view, over the lushly landscaped grounds- it was the highlight of the trip. All of the rooms look great, but I loved the "Library" room that I was in- the 3-sided porch with killer views is fantastic. All in all, DEFINITELY an Inn I would recommend!

Room Tip: I would splurge on a room with a balcony view of the ocean- while all rooms are nice, the Library r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank OakSquareMayor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2012

What an amazing inn. It is our favorite place to stay during Halloween celebrations in PTown each year. Views are spectacular, rooms are fun and the service is excellent. Breakfast each morning. Wine, cheese and snacks each afternoon. Best views in town. And so many things to look at: Art, antiques, books, gardens, views. So quiet, relaxing and laid back. LOVE all the stained glass everywhere...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Todd L
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I just visited Provincetown, MA after not having been for 15 years. The trip was last minute and we selected Land's End based on the location and reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed! The only thing I can't understand is how this property doesn't receive the #1 spot for the area on Trip Advisor.

The property grounds weres spotless and breathtaking with sweeping views of the ocean from nearly every place on the property. The guest rooms were incredible! Luxury and attention to detail at every turn. I'm usually not this easy to please, but everything was perfect.

It's a short walk into town which we did every evening for dinner. Breakfast is included with your room as is a comlementary evening cocktail hour. We drove to the beach everday because we enjoy the National Seashore, but there is a beach in front of the property which you can walk to and is great for kids because it's very shallow.

We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Request a room in the tower - amazing views!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Val_in_Boston
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Lands End Inn in late May and it was our first time there....I had only booked us to stay for two nights and after we were there, I had wished I had booked for a longer stay. We enjoyed our room - the bathroom had been recently redone (Moroccan Tower room) and it was very clean. We really enjoyed the late afternoon wine/beer and cheese/fruit on the balcony. It was also very quite....which is always a good thing when a person wants to relax. The interior of the Inn was immaculate and very interesting. I wish I could've gone into all the rooms to see them....I'm sure all were equally wonderful as ours. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
We would be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DianeR22
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We have stayed at a number of places on Cape Cod, but none compare to Lands End Inn in Provincetown. As soon as we arrive and take a look at the spectacular view of Cape Cod Bay, all the pressures of everyday life seem to fade away. The greeting by the staff is always warm and friendly, the landscaping outside and the decor inside is impeccable, and each of the guest rooms has a charm all its own. We always look forward to breakfast out on the deck overlooking the bay and the friendly atmosphere of the wine and cheese hour in the evening. This is a bed and breakfast place like none other I have ever experienced, and it is worth coming back to again and again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms we have tried have been outstanding, but our personal favorite is the English Garde...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephenrobin
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The inn was flawless. Service, flawless. Cleanliness, flawless. Rooms, flawless. Decor, flawless. Views from the rooms, flawless. Views from the rooms, flawless. I have nothing negative to say. We actually stayed two nights in two different rooms because it was a somewhat last minute stay. We stayed in the library the first night and the Moroccan room the second night. We wanted to elope to a romantic location for our wedding and we actually got married at the inn while we were there. Within minutes of arriving we felt completely at home and taken care of by the staff. There are views of Cape Cod Bay everywhere you look. The entire inn is situated on one of the highest points at the end of Cape Cod and from anywhere in the inn or on the wrap around porch you look out above the roofs of the surrounding buildings toward the ocean. There is a wonderful view of the very tip of Cape Cod and the entire sand dune area beyond the water break. The breakfast was basic continental fare with excellent coffee and tea. There was a wine and cheese reception every evening where all the guests would mingle and talk. When we thanked one of the staff named Michael, he told us that he usually thanks all the guests, because a previous owner of the inn used to believe that a small part of everyone that stays in the INN is left behind to enhance the aura and feeling that the INN projects. I do believe that this is true, for the inn has a special feeling from the time you walk in that simply feels like home. We will return here very soon and for our anniversaries in the future. The only thing that could have been better was the length of the walk to Provincetown center which is about ten minutes, but then all of the views and ambiance of the inn would have been lost. My highest reccomendation for this place.

Room Tip: I suspect that there are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank docmjc
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My Husband and I visited a couple weekends ago and had a wonderful time.

The Room -- When we chose a place to stay for the weekend we thought it was probably going to be a cool spring weekend on the cape and we were looking for some where we could enjoy the landscape and the water for inside. We stayed in the Bay View room, which was stunning. There was a clear water view from every window. This room has a shared balcony. But since it wrapped around, there were chairs to sit at if you just wanted privacy. The bed was really comfortable with tons of pillows and great linens. The bathroom was on the small side and was equipped with a shower. I would have loved a tub, but the shower was great -- great fixture and water pressure.

The rest of the inn -- Even if you are not in the rooms on the upper floor Land's end still has many many places to enjoy this beautiful view. There is a lot of seating around on the porches. and a great sunroom where you can relax inside. There is a living room with very comfortable couches, beautiful music and a lot to look at.

The staff and service -- AMAZING! The staff here was friendly, welcoming, and warm! :-) We loved chatting with them about the inn and learned some interesting things. There was a contenintal breakfast each morning, that due to the unusually warm weekend, we enjoyed outside! In the afternoon, there were snacks and cold water and soda. I hope the staff understands was a wonderful treat it is to be able to get ice cold water after walking around all morning. :-) We've stayed at many hotels and inns, and we didn't know what a great treat it was until we had it! Thanks for that detail! In the evening there is cheese and wine.

This is a great place; I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple