“Outstanding ambience and five star service”
Review of Salt House Inn

Salt House Inn
Ranked #12 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
“Outstanding ambience and five star service”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

A restful retreat that manages to be both homey and glamorous at the same time. The Loft Room is chic, beautifully designed and luxurious while embodying the Cape Cod experience. The breakfast is as good as you'd get anywhere in the world. The owners are full of personality and local knowledge and clearly care deeply about giving their guests a top class stay. Book with confidence.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DFDubz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Kevin and David were such great hosts. The room was very small, but had lovely character. The only downfall which will deter us from going back was the noise. You could literally hear conversations going on in the room next door along with other sounds. I am a very light sleeper, so didn't get much sleep either night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sarah J
Vaduz
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Best place to be in Provincetown. A beautiful oasis with wonderful hosts.....nice rooms, great homemade breakfast.......
Right in the heart of Provincetown, close to all attractions.

We`ll be back.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helmut_w
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My mother and I were visiting from England and stopped in Provincetown for 2 days and 2 nights. I found Salt House Inn on blogs but nothing could prepare me for how beautiful and put together this little B&B would be!
Gorgeous rooms, AMAZING breakfasts (seriously, I still dream about that peach french toast!) and lovely owners. You cannot get better than this.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ceribebop
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I love to travel and be surprised by places we visit and stay!
We had the pleasure of staying at the Salt House Inn, which has recently been redone. Not one detail has been overlooked! The upper deck was a wonderful place to relax...before heading out, or to have a glass of wine at the end of an interesting day. The deck was complete with comfortable seating, a very comfortable antique bed, and beautiful flowers and plants, in falls finest colors. Our room was very well appointed...and interestingly designed; the bathroom was very precise, with a wonderful shower, and the best hand soap...Further. The bedding was crisp and so fresh, and the bed more than comfortable. The "icing on the cake" was the gourmet breakfast that Kevin prepared! Excellent coffee, wonderful breakfast tacos, fruits, pastries...more than one could imagine. One whole wall in the breakfast room displayed the menu, the date, the tides and other useful information. I can't say enough about our wonderful stay here, and I will definitely stay here again! Thank you Kevin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ronnie700
Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was our first trip to Provincetown, and luckily we picked a GREAT place to stay.

As others have said, the breakfast was AMAZING. We always started off our days really full, because of course we had to try everything they offered, since it was always amazing. Lots of fancy torts and cupcakes, to go along with really good coffee.

The room we had was rather small, but very comfortable. The sheets looked clean and the pillows were fluffy. Also the air conditioning was set low and we slept really well. The bathroom was really nice also with a big shower and nice soaps.

One day I got EXTREMELY sunburned, and all I had to do was walk down to the front office and the nice lady who cleans the room gave me aloe and a lidocaine based spray to help me recover! I really appreciated this.

In conclusion, when we come back to Provincetown, we'll definitely stay at Salt House Inn. Good job Kevin and David!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan K
Oakland, California
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I had to attend a wedding in Ptown in September. Having been to Ptown several times prior, and loving its quaintness and quirkiness, we were looking forward to our return.

We researched available accommodations for our dates and, based on photos, rates and reviews, booked at Salt House Inn in early summer. Luckily we had planned ahead because this inn is amazing!

First, the owners of Salt House Inn, Kevin and David, were (are) the best. They're attentive, friendly and funny. They gave us recommendations for restaurants (which were great) and suggested other activities too. When we left they drove us to the ferry to see us off!

Second, the breakfast each morning is like what one would expect when staying at a really nice hotel or at a good grandma's house. Kevin prepared a large spread of freshly baked goods, juices, GOOD coffee (not brown water like so many other places) and other deliciousness every day. He must get up really early to accomplish this breakfast feat! I asked if he has help and he just laughed and said no. I guess David sleeps in.

Third, the room was fabulous. It was large, very clean, and well designed and decorated with flea market or antique finds. We selected SHI in part because of the images online and it didn't disappoint. The bed was very comfortable, the linens were white and like new, the pillows fluffy and excellent! We slept like babies! The bathrooms were great, with a walk in shower, white tiles and cool fixtures. The soaps and shampoos were notably good quality Bigelow (sp ?) products. When we commented to them about how much we liked the inn and the rooms they told us that both have backgrounds in the hotel industry (it shows) and that Kevin did all of the design of the inn (I guess he did this after preparing those amazing breakfasts? I wondered, just how long does David need to sleep in? Just joking David, please let me stay here again!) Also, the air conditioning worked perfectly; cool and quiet, just how we like it!

Fourth, the lobby / dining / sitting room was comfortable and fun. It just felt good to be in there. There is a very large painting they have hanging that looks sort of like Cary Grant on a horse (Kevin called him Sir Gregory, I believe, and said he was "a find") that I especially liked. It would probably be quite an experience to go shopping / hunting with Kevin to find all his decor.

Fifth, the "other things" just topped it all off. There are nice tables and chairs to sit outside for breakfast or to lounge in the afternoon. There was free parking for guests (we didn't need it, but will for our future booking!). Commercial street is just a couple blocks away, making it convenient yet quiet. The lady who cleaned our room each day was very nice and did a great job of making the room look like we were just checking in every day. Lastly, the price was more than reasonable for Ptown. In fact, considering what you get for your money its a steal. On prior visits to Ptown we've stayed in musty, tattered rooms the size of a walk in closet that were more expensive than SHI.

So, in summary we loved this place. I hope they have availability next time we want go to Ptown. Actually, I don't think we would stay anywhere else.

Thank you David and Kevin!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple