My partner got into the afternoon T Dance at around 5pm (it's from 4-7), it was packed, big lines at every bar, so we decided to split up and go to separate lines on different sides of the pool area to try to get drinks. I waited in line 45 MINUTES for a drink!!!! In all the years I've been going to parties like this, this was HANDS DOWN the worst, most ill-run party I've ever been to. The Boat Slip has been doing this party for years - I can't imagine how they could be so COMPLETELY unprepared for the crowd. Everyone I was with in the line was FURIOUS. I've never seen anything like it. They should have had 30 bartenders to handle that large a crowd. My partner said his lines were just as bad at the large bar where he was and people all around him were incensed. Unless you don't plan to drink ANYTHING or go to the bathroom (the lines to the bathrooms were equally insane), stay FAR AWAY from this party. It's really too bad because the music sounded great - I just never got to the dance floor. As I was leaving, they weren't even honoring the $35 passes that we we bought which were supposed to give us a separate line for entrance into the party! They were making the pass holders get in line with the hundreds of other people trying to get in!!! A TOTAL rip-off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boatslip, the legendary waterfront landmark and home of the World Famous Tea Dance is located on Commercial Street steps away from historic Provincetown's retail shops, galleries, restaurants and nightlife. Situated in the West End on Provincetown Harbor, the Boatslip offers guests air-conditioned waterfront rooms with private remodeled baths, some with private balconies, limited on-site parking, continental breakfast, a heated pool and sundeck and of course, complimentary admission to Tea Dance! With more than 10 different bars on site, we are an over 21 years of age destination resort. Our wonderfully diverse clientele enjoy an open and inclusive atmosphere making the Boatslip Resort the number one Provincetown destination for the GLBT community and their friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Boatslip Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boatslip Resort Provincetown
- Boatslip Hotel Provincetown