“The Best Place to Stay in P'town”
Review of Boatslip Resort

and 1 more site!
Boatslip Resort
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Dallas, Texas
“The Best Place to Stay in P'town”
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Was in Provincetown for the first time 1st week of June for 4 nights, excellent hotel for the money, staff was helpful & accommodating, last day I was feeling under the weather due to throat problems & fever as well, management allowed me to sleep in & check out at 2PM (since my flight out wasn't until 4PM) without charging me anything extra, they just wanted to make sure I was feeling better. In addition, when checking in I discovered in all my rush to travel I had left my credit card at home, they allowed me to call home & retrieve my credit card info, etc. without any hassle at all! Will definitely stay here again & recommend Boatslip to all who travel to P'town!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank gg0905

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
White Plains, NY
Reviewed 16 September 2009

The rooms were recently renovated last winter. This summer a heater was put in the pool. If you get a room oceanside you get to watch all the goodlooking folks at the pool and watch the crowds that gather for tea dance daily from 4-7pm. I found the staff to be extremely friendly-I arrived early and hung out by the pool and they came down and told me when my room was ready. There is both a ceiling fan and floor fan which I though was fine leaving my door open to my balcony to catch the cool breeze. I didn't think A/C was needed like others have said. I've heard they may be putting them in for next summer but I'm not sure. Love the bartenders, always friendly and alot of fun too.

Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Sicilian40
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I have stayed at the Boatslip 4 times during the summer of 2009. They have done a really nice job updating the rooms. The beds, linens, rugs, furniture and flat screen TV's are all very nice. Each room has a mini refrigerator, which is convenient for storing water for the gym or drinks for guests. The bathrooms are a bit dated but clean. Every one of the 4 rooms I have stayed in on both floors was clean and in good condition. Lack of air conditioning was not much of an issue in the summer of 2009, but I would not expect to be spending many hours in the room anyway, so the fans they provide or the ceiling fans in some rooms kept it sufficiently comfortable. The Boatslip location is great. Free parking is provided so you can leave your car for the duration of your stay and not have to worry about navigating down Commercial St in your vehicle and finding parking in town. The Boatslip is a short walk to the clubs. restaurants and theaters, and an easy walk to both the Provincetown Gym and the Mussel Beach Gym. It's a short walk or bike ride to Herring Cove Beach. Guests of the hotel get free admission to the afternoon Tea Dance, which saves you the $10 cover charge. Lounge chairs on the deck are free to guests. The pool is good-sized and clean. I found everyone who worked at the Boatslip (front desk staff, room attendants, bartenders, wait staff) all to be very friendly, helpful, and good-humored. They all seemed to be enjoying their jobs. Other reviews mention a noise problem. I have stayed in rooms on both the Commercial St and harbor sides and was never bothered by noise. The floors creak a little and you can sometimes hear conversations in adjacent rooms, but I never found this a major problem. If you want a luxury resort with a spa, tuxedoed butler service and a 5 star restaurant, that is not the Boatslip. if you want to stay at a clean, convenient, comfortable place where the staff and guests all seem to be having a really good time, you will enjoy the Boatslip.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank bluchip508
Philadelphia
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This place is definitely not a family resort and probably no a great place for straight couples unless you are pretty into tea dance and hanging with the boyz. My partner and I stayed here and really did enjoy ourselves but admit we would likely not stay again unless they add air conditioning. The rooms cool off at night but we are early to bed kind of guys and the rooms were still warm until about 11:00 PM. The view from the our room was to die for. We participated in the free afternoon tea dance but if we had chosen not too it would have been hard to stay in the room because you have to have the windows open and the dance and loud music are right outside your room. All in All the service was excellent and we had a great time. The room was clean but a bit dated. We'll be back when they get air conditioning and update the rooms a bit.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PHLtravaler
aejii
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed at the Boatslip this past weekend for a friend's 40th bday. I knew what to expect, having stayed here once before. The no AC didn't bother me as much as others since I love having the patio door open at night feeling the ocean breeze. The rooms have been updated since our last trip, but they are nothing to write about. The new TVs and additional cable channels are a plus. The room was clean and adequate for the price. The front desk staff were very helpful. For the price and the location, I don't think you can beat it. We stayed here specifically for the location , the parking, to be able to have a pool overlooking the water, and to be close to the tea dance since we were only in town three days. The place is old, a bit dark, and can be loud at times (I did complain twice to the front desk re our neighbors), and definitely shows it age. However, for us at least, this only added some charm to the mix (now everyone's idea of charm is a bit different, I fully realize).

Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2009

However, I'm no longer in my 20s. The reason people book at the Boatslip is to be where the proverbial action is because for the money, you can find many more places that are both more comfortable and nicer to stay. If you want to be in the middle of the party (the Tea Party that is), then stay here. The rooms are not the cleanest but they are not filthy either as others have indicated. The rooms are also more modern than many of the B&Bs in town, but having said all that - I'm in no rush to go back.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Albiani
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Stayed at the Boatslip during Bearweek 2008. The Boatslip has a perfect location right on the bay and is convenient to restaurants and bars in Provincetown. But unfortunately the property is poorly managed. The bathroom was filthy and had not been properly cleaned for some time. The sheets and blankets smelled, probably since there is no airconditioning in the room.
Every morning at 6:45 a.m. a recycling truck pulled up to the property and loaded empty glass bottles in bulk from the teadance party the night before; so much for sleeping in.
I paid $225 per night for the room which is way too much for the quality of service. Thanks though to the property management for the free can of Lysol; I really needed it.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The filthy bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank TX1969

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels