Gifford House Inn
Harbor Hotel Provincetown(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$99
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$251
Hotels.com
Cape Colony Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$88
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$195
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Surfside Hotel & Suites(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$133
Brass Key Guesthouse(Provincetown)
US$151
US$146
Travelocity
Land's End Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$229
Awol(Provincetown)
Hotels.com
All reviewspiano barnon smoking roomnight lifehard boiled eggsupon checkcontinental breakfaststay there againoff seasonfresh fruitpurgatorylobbycerealmattresslodginglinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very nice and centrally located in Provicentown. Everything is close by. Nice clean room, please note that some rooms don't have AC service, but a cool big fan is provided. Good service, besides the hotel, they have 2 bars to enjoy. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in the third floor, did not heard any noise from the nights they do a piano singing downstairs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Victor H S
Reviewed 18 August 2013

There! I hope I got the owner(s)/management's attention with this title. I've stayed at the Gifford House many times over the years and although the place is clean and the staff is very friendly and accommodating I feel the owners of the Gifford House should pay more attention to the condition of the beds at the Inn. I've always rented one of the two bedroom suites each time I stayed and enjoyed it except when it was time for bed. The last time I stayed I had to leave the bed made and put additional blankets on top just buffer the springs from poking my backside. Yes, I know the Inn is famous for some of the cheapest rates in town, but when it's all said and done people do need a comfortable bed to sleep, The last time I stayed was fall of 2012. I went to P-Town this past June, but didn't stay at the Inn due to the bed situation. I know if the owners replaced all the mattresses, they would improve business at the Inn especially during the fall and spring season. I've read some of the other reviews before posting mine so I know this is a common complaint. It's up to the owners and management to pay attention to the condition of the beds otherwise they will lose a lot more guests. Being one of the cheapest accommodations in town only goes so far.

Currently I have a close friend staying at the Gifford House and he emailed me today to let me know the condition of his mattress is pretty bad. I can't vouch for all the rooms, but I can make a pretty good guess that most of the mattresses at the inn need replacing. It's too bad because I enjoyed my years staying at the Gifford House and would still be staying there if it weren't for the bed situation.

Room Tip: If you have back problems this is not the place for you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank paul g
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is our second year in a row staying at the Gifford House. We stay in the most basic room, and the value is unbelievable compared to the rest of P-town. Like the other reviews say, the decor in the rooms is dated, but who cares when the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean. Personally, I'm travelling to see the P-Town and the coast, not to hang out in my room. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating, and the other guests are always friendly as well. We stayed in the Annex this time, and there was some noise at night, but we didn't find that it disrupted our sleep or that it took away from our enjoyment. The location is perfect, with a very short walk to Commercial Street, and if you are using the buses to get back and forth to the beach, the drivers will drop you off right at the top of the street if you ask them in advance! The breakfast is a perfect way to start the day, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, muffins and coffee...and the coffee is there to grab a quick refill all day. Once again, I would recommend the Gifford House. Thanks for a second great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mtbrchic
Reviewed 31 May 2013

If you're not fussy about the room decor, The Gifford House, offers a good value for Provincetown, MA. This is one of the oldest hotels in town. I recently stayed in the Annex. The Annex is quieter than the main hotel. The main part of the hotel has a club and piano bar in it. It's not completely quiet in the Annex, but not bad, certainly quieter than the main part. The room I had was very large with two queens size beds. The large room was nice since I shared the room with a friend. Plenty of room to spread out. This top floor room in the front of the Annex (looking out on Carver St.) also had a nice view of the harbor. Old furnishings, however comfortable beds, refrigerator, sofa and chairs. The room and bathroom were clean. Continental breakfast not bad, the mini-muffins were good, also, hard boiled eggs, toast, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea and juice.

Room Tip: It's an old hotel so you will hear some noise, or music from other rooms. For quieter rooms ask for the Annex.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dfonyc
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The Gifford house is all in one it has a great bar with excellent drinks made by Greg, Roy and Gina David and Harvey at the front desk are welcoming and would do anything to help your stay more pleasant The rooms are spotless with friendly staff it is in the center of things so you don't have to walk to far also there are theme nights in the club downstairs

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo