“Charming and Comfortable”

Ranked #44 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia
“Charming and Comfortable”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband I enjoyed our four nights at the Gifford House. The room was clean and comfortable. Great location near many of our favorite places in PTown. Some guests may be put off by the dated furnishings, but the Inn is a great value for the price. If you are seeking quiet, this may not be the best place as the piano bar is busy and loud until 1 am every single evening during the summer season. My husband was annoyed, but I thought it was a lot of fun and part of the PTown experience.

Room Tip: Request a room with AC...it can get warm in the Summer.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank dsm22203

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hyde Park, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our room was clean ,tastefully done and just perfect for two people. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome like family.At night there is a piano bar right downstairs, great live music. If you like to dance there is a dance club and porch bar on the premises as well. everything is over at 1 am and then it is perfectly quiet for a restful sleep.We had a great time and would highly recommend staying here if you want to be in town and have fun.

Room Tip: Our room was great ,it did not have TV and Air conditioning , but we didn't mind. Other rooms at...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Sluggo65 did an excellent job capturing this place. Have a look at his Oct 2013 review.
It was my first time to Ptown - so I don't have my own comparisons to this or other Ptown properties - but I'd call it cheap and cheerful. Terrific central location. Two buildings with 3 stories, no elevator.

Springs would occasionally 'boing' in my mattress. There were cigarette burns on my bedspread. Ironically, the room's bathroom was a pretty fair size.
Some rooms have no a/c or TV, but windows open... and there's a box fan.

They give you a front door key, since it's locked till perhaps 9am.
Breakfast is 9am-11am. On weekends it included warm muffins, although not from scratch.

When busy, you'll need to provide your car keys so cars can be juggled around. There is a small fenced grassy area on the back/side with tables/chairs - with big trees providing some shade.

Room Tip: If you sleep before 1am, you'll want earplugs or a room in the annex building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Rotterdam, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place. Clean comfortable, and best of all in middle of everywhere. Staff are amazing as we'll make u feel that you are staying at a home and not staying in hotel at all!! Would definitely recommend to others!!! And some of rooms have great views as we'll!!!

Stayed July 2014
Coalville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I spent one night at this hotel en route from Nantucket to Boston. The person on the desk was very helpful and advised me of some fun things to do in Ptown on a Monday. The room itself was old fashioned but in a nice way that worked. It was clean and the bed was firm and comfy. There was no TV but I was on holiday - I can watch TV at home. Also, I don't think there was any aircon but the room was OK without it. The hotel is also very centrally located in Ptown, and handy for the late night pizza shop.

There is a bar and a nightclub downstairs and I could hear the music in my room. I was still a bit jet lagged and was very tired around 9pm, but when the music started it meant that I only had to venture downstairs to find some night life - so this was actually a bonus for me. However, if for some reason you are hoping for a quiet early night in Ptown then this isn't the hotel for you. I ended up chatting in the bar until 1am when I learnt that everything in Ptown comes to a stop so I never got round to exploring the club part, but I can confirm the bar was great.

I the morning I couldn't figure out how to work the shower but someone came to help. Breakfast was toast, cereals and fruit etc.

I would definitely stay here again,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dallas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great economical get away in a perfect location. This hotel is one of the local lobby bars with piano sing alongs. I stayed on the in room 1 which is directly above the lobby so if you plan on sleeping before midnight...not the best room. Honestly it added a great twist to a very fun week. Rooms are very basic but the location is terrific. Rent a bike and cruise the town with ease.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times before BUT this will be my last time. The room is in a major need of a renovation, when I saw the room I was very disappointed in how disrepair it was in. The receptionist wasn't very accommodating, look else wear.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank RalstonJL

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels