“Fabulous inn and great restaurant”
Review of Sage Inn & Lounge

Sage Inn & Lounge
Ranked #15 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 December 2013

What a lovely place...terrific ambience, great food, wonderful service. Coming in from a cold, damp day to be greeted with a warm fire, great cocktail and wonderful company...best place in ptown! Loved the clam chowder (with smoked oysters) and the lobster sliders.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Provincetown has one of the best film festivals I have been to in years. They are engaging and celebratory! The tickets sell out online and that day so staying at say the Sage is an advantage because they are open for the P town film fest workers and can get you tickets… another amazing stay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Me and my husband spent the Thanksgiving 2013 weekend at Sage Inn and Lounge. The renovations are nothing short of spectacular! For those of you who knew this Inn as the Pilgrim House, you will be absolutely amazed by the transformation. In addition to the beautiful, meticulously decorated first floor and second floor lounge area, the bar and restaurant were equally amazing. The small plates prepared by Chef Lucio were delicious and the cocktails prepared by Corey were fun and seasonal.

The Inn's Manager Tom was wonderful and made us feel welcome from the minute we checked in. We also had the good fortune to meet the Inn's owners Diane DiCarlo and Jeanne Leszczynski. Both were extremely gracious and welcoming.

We have found our new favorite spot in Ptown!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cathy N, General Manager at Sage Inn & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hi Stan,
We are so glad to hear you and your partner enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend stay at Sage. As you pointed out, we are fortunate to have some great staff here at Sage. The Lounge is open year round and is a nice amenity for our inn guests and the fireplace makes it cozy and warm too! We hope you will have the chance to stay with us again in the very near future.
Your friends at Sage

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed for a weekend. The location is right in the center of town. The room was spacious and clean. It was modern but still had a cozy beach feel. I ate in the Lounge and the food was excellent. Mostly small plates which is just right for a light meal or to go along with drinks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in was easy as was check out. A light breakfast was included. Only feedback would be to have more bath towels in the room. Also was hard to find a plug for the in room coffee pot as the cord was pretty short. Overall I was very pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at the Sage Inn for Halloween weekend. The location of Sage Inn is wonderful. It is right on Commercial St, by the Purple Feather. Even though there were not many people were around because of the time of year, the staff was very friendly. The room was small, but very clean. Small TV. Comfortable beds. We didn't get a chance to eat there, but the dining area looked wonderful. There was a very small continental breakfast in the morning which was nice.

Room Tip: The only difference between the cheapest room and the more expensive, is a small refrigerator.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently stay at the Sage Inn on the Veterans Day weekend, being an Event planner I look at Resorts, Inns, B and B's and Hotels in a different way, I try to look at them in a clients point of view after all it may or may not be a place that I would recommend. When I first got to the Inn I had the pleasure to meeting John who seem to take care of everything. I can't say enough good things about this man who was more then helpful and seem to do all the work. I was given keys to the building and to the room that I would be staying in. When arriving to the room I was a little surprised to see how small it was, however it had everything that I needed and there was a dog bowl in the room for my best friend D-og the only thing that was missing was a coffee pot as I am an early riser and no one was at the inn at this time to make coffee. This was not a good thing for me, and yes I am one of those people who needs her coffee first thing or I'm just not good. To make things worse I took D-og out for his walk and forgot my keys to the building so I was stuck in the rain with my dog until I was let in by another guest. I do believe someone should have been at the inn by at least 6:00 am for guest who are ready to start their day. There was a lot going on at the inn on Saturday night so getting to sleep was a no go, and I even thought of checking out the next day, however I did not. At this point I just wanted to make the best of it. I could hear the music and the doors that open or closed, and guest who had no consideration for other guest, there was no sleep that night at all. I was very disappointed in my first night at the inn. This would be my only vacation to relax for some time. Sunday night prove to be a better nights sleep even though the mattress was a little hard. Parking was a little tight but I did have parking. The inn itself was cozy and clean and after all was said and done I had a great time...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cathy N, General Manager at Sage Inn & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Linda,
Thank you for taking the time to use TripAdvisor as a tool for other travelers and write a review of your stay at Sage Inn and Lounge. I’m sorry I didn’t have the chance to meet you in person and give you a site tour upon your arrival. We are glad you chose to stay with us and it is fortunate we had one remaining room due to a cancellation when you booked on Friday for your Saturday arrival. John is a tremendous asset to Sage and he is experienced and helpful- we are lucky to have him. I wish you let us know your desire to have coffee early as we could have provided an in room coffee pot upon your request. On Saturday night of your stay we hosted a lovely dinner for 24 guests in our private event space on the first floor which ended promptly at 11pm. The renovation of the space which was complete in May 2012 included the installation of sound proof ceiling tiles and the removal of large club-quality speakers in favor of a much smaller sound system so I am surprised to hear you were disturbed by the event. We have received numerous comments about the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of our inn and this past May Yankee Magazine awarded Sage “Best Outer Cape Oasis”. We have a limited number of on site parking spots available for our guests which are reserved on a first come, first served basis at the time of reservation. We also have a Resident Innkeeper who lives on site and is available for lockouts and non-medical emergencies 24hrs a day. After reading your review, we have posted his contact information on 2 additional doors. I’m glad you decided not to depart early and I’m glad your stay ended on a good note. Again, I’m sorry I didn’t have the chance to meet you. I hope you have the opportunity to visit Provincetown again and I hope you consider Sage as a venue for your clients.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this charming and unique inn. The staff was friendly and warn. The place was fresh and clean. The location was fantastic in that it is right in the middle of town. We parked our car and never used it for our three day stay.

• Stayed: October 2013