“Never Go There! They'll Charge Your Card Over And Over”

The Outermost Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
The Outermost Hostel
uptomontreal
“Never Go There! They'll Charge Your Card Over And Over”
Reviewed 26 August 2008

NEVER GO TO THIS HOSTEL.
They have charged my card a year after I stay there. I remember they hhave first forgot our reservation and wanted us to pay again. And now I just see that they tried to charge my card over again after a year !!!

Plus it was really a terrible hostel : not clean, nasty landlady (really bad and weird). Actually I'm not very suprised that thing about my card happened.
Hopefully my card was overdated so my bank saw this very quickly.

AGAIN PLEASE NEVER GO TO THIS HOSTEL. IT SHOULD REALLY BE CLOSED !!!!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank uptomontreal

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 7 October 2007

This little hostel is just MINUTES away from the center of PTown up a little hill that is perfect for great nightlife and the street seperating it from the center keeps bedtime quiet and just right. A little biased about the stay - as we were able to stay alone (just the two of us... no other people stayed) so with other people the room would have been a tab too small and awkard.. BUT the owner is AMAZING both in person and on the phone. The price is right for a college student's budget... and for it you get what you pay - a cute small dorm with the chance of staying with strangers under or above you. But if your young.. or young at heart and want a place to stay for $25 instead of $350.... it is GREAT!!

*also, please note: if you are a lesbian... there are hot girls 24-7 a street away. that is all.

• Liked — The location and owner
  • Disliked — No heat, cleanliness (was not dirt.. more like a few bugs and rust.. nothing we can't handle right?)
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank jdoherty
LYNEMOTEL
Reviewed 4 July 2007

I'll keep this one short and simple! The owner is GREAT super sweet and a great cook. She offered us a BBQ and we had a great time! The rooms were quint and clean like a lil cottage!
so close to the main attractions of P town but yet quiet, keep in mind this is a hostel and you may have to share a room with others, so if your not cool with that bring a few friends!
Have fun!

• Liked — owner location
  • Disliked — nothing no AC
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
3 Thank LYNEMOTEL
San Jose
Reviewed 24 June 2007

The cabins are adorable filled with interesting people from far and wide. The owner, Sheila, is fabulous and has a green thumb which is apparent wtih all the flowerbeds surrounding the adorable little cabins. Everything was clean and well maintained and you cannot beat the location! Far enough from the main street to have a nice quiet nights sleep but near enough that you are in the heart of it within 3 minutes! You can´t beat the price in Ptown either! Ill never stay anywhere else!

Stayed July 2005
4 Thank missjo4
Reviewed 25 May 2006

I was here twice a few years ago and had good experiences here... it seemed quiet and confy, a simple place to rest at night after the clubs closed (1 am in Mass.)... the first time, a group of college students came to stay while doing marine biology research and they had so much food they shared it with all the guests... we all went on the whale watch and got a discount coupon at the hostel... it seemed quiet enough at night... of course i went in September and October, so that is quieter than in the summer... it is a bit less private than a hotel, but also much less expensive... There is no curfew, but guests should be quiet at night... I enjoyed being close to the Pilgrim Monument and it is only three blocks from the harbor and has a parking lot.. I will stay here again when in town.

• Stayed October 2002
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 April 2004

Quiet, kindest manager, Sheila, always helpful, great place to escape the frenetic scene in town, close to markets and beaches, very affordable, I won't stay anywhere else!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2003

I have stayed at many hostels, on the Cape and around europe.....but this was truly a bad experience! The price was right, but as a woman, I fely very very uncomfortable and unsafe. There are people who aren't even staying there coming in and out all night....a man came into my room at 2am...I will not stay there again, and would never recommend that anyone stays there unless you like the party scene all night long.
The owner was very nice upon checking in, but shrugged off my complaints in the morning. There are much nicer, cleaner, safer hostels on the cape, worth the extra $3 .

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#7 of 7 in Eastham
8 Dyer Hotel
8 Dyer Hotel
#2 of 62 in Provincetown

Been to The Outermost Hostel? Share your experiences!