“A Beautiful Surprise”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I grew up on the Cape, so there are a lot of 'touristy' things that I never did. This year, a friend and I decided to take a sail on the Schooner Bay Lady II, and I'm very glad we did! This is a pretty small boat, and on the day we went, though the boat must hold more than 20-25 people, there were only seven of us sailing (not including the crew). It felt like a private cruise.
The crew is fun, experienced, and informal. When they get you out of the harbor, they shut off the engine and unfurl the sails, and then all you hear is the sound of the waves lapping against the boat. It's so peaceful and beautiful that it feels like a meditation.
A couple on the boat remarked that they were used to a little more 'action' on the cruises they've taken - they were surprised that there was no music, for example. We all agreed that the sound of the waves was better than any music; in fact, music would have taken away from the experience.
The cruise lasts two hours, and you can bring snacks and drinks. The couple I met had brought wine, and they happily shared it with me. Next time, I think I would bring some. We brought water, but we could have bought it on the boat (take it out of the cooler and leave a dollar! Cheapest water in town!)
We did the day cruise, and I would love to try the sunset cruise sometime. I didn't feel at all like a tourist; I felt like a sailor. I highly recommend this if you are looking to get out on the water and want to relax.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank stargreen

42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“The best experience on the Cape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family and friends have enjoyed this excursion many times over the last 20 years. It is without a doubt the most interesting and spiritual attraction near Truro. It's an amazing ride on the sunset sail. And so beautiful and peaceful listening to the rippling of the sails. The crew is amazing and it's so enjoyable watching them perform their routine to get the vessel under way and then pull the sails down at the end of the cruise. Captain Bob is a gentleman and very seaworthy man with an informative tour. Worthy every penny and then some. Kids were 10 and 12 when we first brought them and are now 30 and 32. We are going soon with them and the granchildren so that another generation can experience this adventure.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank vickietoria
West Hartford, Connecticut
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We sail on the Bay Lady II with Captain Bob every year. We have done all the different sail times, and they are all wonderful. Captain Bob is clearly very experienced, and we love hearing him call out directions to his crew in sailing lingo. Very peaceful and a lovely way to get close to Long Point, the tip of the Cape. You can walk around the boat and sit on the prow, etc. There are waters and snacks for purchase if you like. Go and enjoy!

Visited July 2012
Wareham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“sunset cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Romantic cruise around cape cod bay with my husband on our honeymoon. It was beautiful watching the sunset over the bay, will recommend this to everyone. Loved it

Visited June 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great sail on a beautiful day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I went sailing on a very beauftiful September afternoon. We loved every minute of it. It was a perfect day to be on the boat, and we are glad we chose the 2 hr sailing with Bay Lady. The crew was great. You can bring your own drinks on the boat if you want, which we did.
The day we purchased our tickets there must have had some technical difficulties with their credit card machine.It turned out later that we were charged twice for our tickets. My call to resolve this matter was returned within a couple of minutes and resolved on the spot, with a refund receipt in our mailbox 3 days later.
I would highly recommend Bay Lady II if you are looking to relax for a couple of hours on the water and sail around beautiful Provincetown!

Visited September 2011