“Unique and Special: Hitting the right note”
Review of 9 Ryder

9 Ryder
Ranked #67 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have recently discovered 9 Ryder Seaside Dining on the Cabral Pier in Provincetown and we are smitten.

First, you must explore the libations that Sarah Jane concocts with home made tinctures and distillations. The cocktails she has invented are the work of a magician. She is very talented and the perfect bartender: funny and a good listener who can put anyone at ease. The servers and hostess round out a great, friendly and engaged staff.

The food (which is at least half the reason you came) is good to very good. No, it isn't the best Italian food you ever had or the most inventive menu, but it is solid, like Sunday dinner at your grandma's solid. The red sauce is good, the pasta always al dente and the entrees are well prepared and seasoned.

This is the easter egg of Provincetown restaurants; few people know about it. If you only make time for Sarah's cocktails, you will have spent your time well.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am Susie R's daughter. I was with her the night regarding her post of 9 Ryder. I can not and will not just read their response to her (my mother) and ignore it.
Yes, we arrived withOUT having had a reservation. We were very aware we may not have been able to dine there that night due to not having made a reservation. BUT, when we showed up at your door at opening (5:30) we were welcomed with open arms withOUT having being told about ANY reservations you may have had following. There was absolutely NO mentioning of a 'Bday reservation'. We NEVER agreed to a so-called 'swift' dinner! And 5 minutes before the reserved party was to arrive is probably when we were being offered dessert; not reminding us to 'hurry up'! There was NO reminder! And how/why would you offer us dessert just to turn around and ask us to leave?! Now to add insult to injury; you have the nerve to offer us free coffee and dessert?! You should have taken the two coffees off our bill that night since you didn't even allow us to finish them! And that's the least....You offering free coffee and dessert NOW, after the fact, will NOT get me to step foot in your door again. SmH.

2  Thank Jamie M
9RyderSeasideDining, Owner at 9 Ryder, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Yikes!
Perhaps I have mistaken your party for another, but either way it's probably best you find another place to dine.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

When we couldn't get a reservation at the time we wanted for another restaurant, we decided to park on the wharf and walk along Commercial Street to find somewhere to eat. Walking along the wharf we passed 9 Ryder, looked at the menu and interior and decided to give it a try. We were glad we did - the food was very good (stuffed flounder/spaghetti with clams, followed by an excellent coconut sorbet) and the service friendly and attentive. We also had a great view of a beautiful sunset over the water. It was an unexpected and delightful find.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

My daughter and I went to 9 Ryder on a Sunday night. We were the first ones there right when they opened. Order drinks appetizer and dinner. By the time we finished dinner 3 or 4 other parties had arrived.Food was ok, service from waitress was great. When we finished dinner we each order coffee. About 5 minutes after coffee was served we were asked to leave because someone was waiting for our table and they were upset because they had to wait. I was shocked that they would even ask and we paid the bill and left. We even paid for the coffee that we didn't get to drink. We will not return!

3  Thank Susie R
9RyderSeasideDining, Owner at 9 Ryder, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

I remember you well, and there are some important facts that have been overted in this review!
When you arrived, without a reservation, I told you that the only table I had was only available for an hour and five minutes and that I was concerned that you would not have adaquate time to enjoy dinner. I told you that the table was being used for a birthday party, and being joined with some other tables.
You agreed to a "swift" dinner.
Five minutes before the other party was to arrive, I did remind you that he table was reserved.
In hindsite, I should have offered to move you to out lounge area.
Im sorry you feel "pushed out", and if you would consider giving ua another try, coffee and desert is on the house!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is one of the best little secrets Provincetown has to offer. Not sure why there are still people out there that don't know the existence of the jewel. It is a very quaint and very well put together little restaurant with amazing views of the town. If you plan to go with friends first have a drink with Sarah at the bar, if you are going to have dinner with your loved one, first have a drink at the bar with Sarah and if you are going solo, have dinner at the bar with Sarah. You will have a great experience, you will love your meal, you will love Sarah's secret drink creations and finally you will leave the restaurant loving Sarah. I did! And keep coming back and always have the best time. So please, if you haven't yet, make sure you plan on at least having one dinner at this restaurant while visiting Provincetown. You will remember it for ever!