“Some great shows! Watch for big names!”

Central House at the Crown
Ranked #58 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Central House at the Crown We believe good farming is worthwhile, and that it makes better food. We buy from small farmers who raise their animals outdoors, in grass and trees - not on corn and hormones. We buy heritage breeds that Americans have conserved for generations. Our seafood comes directly from New England waters. Our vegetables are as local as the season permits and we buy organic whenever possible. We seek out food that supports our values, and we think you will notice the difference. Please join us, and enjoy some truly good food.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Some great shows! Watch for big names!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have seen many comics and a Drag Queen show that was soooo good! Lots of things happening there during the summer. Small rooms mean up close and in your face, no place to hide.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank slappythesecond

New York City, New York
“A Gem of a Find”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Looking for somewhere to have dinner on our last night in Provincetown, we stumbled across this place after we found Front Street closed for the season. We were seated quite quickly by one of the staff and then handed over to our waiter, Christophe, who is worth a very big mention because he was just lovely. He was friendly, engaging and funny and made dining there an absolute pleasure.

Both my partner and I ordered the sirloin (mine well done) and we each had two cocktails. The cocktails were out of this world divine. I tried the PTown Sunset first (I HAD TO! I was in PTown) and it was delicious, but then, I adore grapefruit so that helps. I had a sip of my partner's Malibu Spice (or thereabouts named) and got extremely jealous so ordered that as my next cocktail. Make no mistake. It was delicious. Make sure you like ginger, though. YUM!

The sirloin steaks came out and mine was a little too pink for my liking so they took it back and gave it a flame on the old grill and it came back perfect. The food was delicious - the steak came with creamy polenta (delish) and watercress salad (equally delish) and the ambience was so very pleasant.

Finding this place was a real treat. The only downfall was that they could not accept Visa Debit Gift Cards but apart from that, a divine experience. I would recommend this place and, if I were you, I would hope the stars send Christophe your way because he is honestly one of the best waiters I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Would most definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Krinkles28
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Lobster salad”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First time in this restaurant with family for great foes of fresh air from the ocean and stop for lunch
Great food,atmosphere,nice bar,good appetizers.their fish dishes are very fresh.
I had a lobster salad very good and seasoned perfect.
Also their lobster Mac and cheese is good and rich.
We had a full table so we had a variety of entrees all very good and tasty.
The serves were nice and accommodating,we were seven people and the restaurant was full.
The place neat and close to the ocean so was good to go for a walk in the sand in fresh nice breeze
I recommend this place for good fresh seafood and more.

• Visited March 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“So disappointed in the service here!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Crown and Anchor seems to be focused on their local clients only and seems to have no interest in serving out of towners. I understand it's the off season but we were completely snubbed! We headed here after an amazing dinner on NYE to take part in the sing along piano bar with Bobby but the management seemed quite annoyed when we requested a table and told us that "most of them were reserved." We were a little baffled as they made no effort to accommodate our table of 4 and instead found a high-top in the bar area and settled in. We chatted with some of the other clients and passed out NYE party favors but after 20 minutes realized no one was interested in taking our drink order so we left and headed to the Squealing Pig which was happy to have our business.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Carrie G
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Provincetown for years and this year we rented a house on the east end that was beautiful! We have been to the Crown many times but this time we were blown away! The chef is working magic in that kitchen!! Jeff and I LOVE oysters and the oysters were incredible! Big, lush, and tasty. They also came with a hot sauce, red wine vinegar, fresh horseradish, and crushed ice creation for topping that was unbelievably delicious! The lobster was poached in butter and it was also baked with a hollandaise sauce. I devoured it like it was my last meal! Dessert was also just as delicious. Sea salt covered chocolate with caramel base wedges. The service was excellent and we ate outside to enjoy the fresh air. It was a great meal and a great time. We have already reserved the house for next year and you can bet we'll be back at the Crown!

• Visited July 2013